Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 01:02:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Relegation fodder my arse....  (Read 905 times)

Marmite Man

• Forum Member
Relegation fodder my arse....
« on August 07, 2011, 09:19:29 am by Marmite Man »
I was as angry and worried as all DRFC fans yesterday after the events in Brighton.  Not so much about the result as away defeats will always happen, but due to the injuries.

BUT.. the more I see and hear comments from within our fan base and also the gleeful tweets from our \"friends\" around the region.. the more I say we need to remember what we have here.

Sharp missing for any length of time is an incredible blow, but let us not forget.. we accepted a bid for him a couple of months ago. The club were prepared to let him go, so we need to think, if the club believes DRFC is more than just William Sharp, then so should we.

Before the horror show of the second half of last season, we had a couple of years of being touted as \"Outside Bet\" for promotion.  We got into that position because of a great group of players, playing the kind of football that even the twonks on the Football League Show got all moist about on a weekly basis.  The Radio DeeDah commentary yesterday, spoke about SEVEN first team regulars still out (Not including Sharp and Hayter) and by the sounds of it they are all hopefully back within the month.

When these players come back in, we will have something we havent had for a long long time, depth.  The players we have are no mugs, they lack in my opinion a bit of direction at the moment but i am sure SOD will be able to keep spirits high in his own way.

There is a real opportunity here to build something.  When Sharp returns in two months or six months, it should be an added bonus, not the salvation.  We should be excited about the team being even stronger when this happens.

Get well soon Billy lad. To the rest of the squad.. this is your chance.. Prove to us all that this is not a one man show.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RUPRECHT

• Forum Member
Re: Relegation fodder my arse....
« Reply #1 on August 07, 2011, 09:38:14 am by RUPRECHT »
Well said mate, I'm sure the players will step up - good opportunity for Brown to show us what he's made of while Billy recovers.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012