Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:53:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Loan Striker Appeal  (Read 19685 times)

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
Loan Striker Appeal
« on August 08, 2011, 12:49:59 pm by Berkshire Rover »
JR and other Directors are putting their hands in their pockets, over and above the agreed budget to help fund a loan striker, but they are asking for our help.

For anyone who donates at least £50' the club will publish your name in the match day programme for the rest of the season and if you're not already a member of the VSC you will get membership for the current season.

Not everyone will agree with this initiative and not everyone will be able to afford it, but if you do want to contribute, you can do so through the Donate to the VSC link in the information box on the bottom left of the page.

I'll set the ball rolling with £100
:rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Loan Striker Appeal
« Reply #1 on August 08, 2011, 12:54:10 pm by Filo »
Not as much as your fine gesture Berkshire, but I paid my subscription twice by mistake this year, rather than refund the extra sub can you contribute that to the cause please

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 08, 2011, 12:57:04 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
Oh dear.  

Yet another willy waving contest for the nouveau riche.

Steve, surely there has got to be a better way than just throwing money at it?

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 08, 2011, 12:58:22 pm by 5minstogo »
That sounds an interesting proposition. Can't we just get by with what we've got? If we are that skint and nothing was kept aside as a precaution then surely thats it.

Asking fans to dip into their pockets again is unlikely to go down well with the masses. I guess you may well raise enough for a weeks wages.

Not one to normally moan but.......

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 08, 2011, 12:58:28 pm by Redandwhitewhizards »
Embarrassing

Do we not give enough as it is?

DRFCBRADFORD

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 08, 2011, 01:10:42 pm by DRFCBRADFORD »
is koegh still available or vokes ?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 08, 2011, 01:10:57 pm by Filo »
The top and bottom of it is, do we want a fighting chance of staying in this league or do we just lie down and die, the directors bankroll the club each year, they are asking for a bit of commitment from the fans, however large or small a donation anyone makes, every little helps, I know some folk are struggling to make ends meet and can`t afford a donation as such, but maybe they could just push the boat out a little and make the effort to attend tomorrow night for £7. Some will be able to afford more than others, that in no way makes them a better fan than those that cannot afford anything or only can afford a small contribution, every little helps, do we want championship football or not? I know I do!

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 08, 2011, 01:12:48 pm by Wellred »
We are in danger of becoming a laughing stock. We have a board of directors worth over half a billion pounds with one who is worth more than I will ever earn in a lifetime and they have the cheek to ask us for £50.
I pay enough into DRFc with a season ticket each year without them now begging for more.
Is this a serious request or is it somebody taking the piss?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 08, 2011, 01:18:35 pm by silent majority »
JR can have my £50.

He's done more for this club and this town than anybody in living memory and if I can help I will.

To those who think they have given enough, why not join the VSC and at least be proud to know that you own a part of your own club.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 08, 2011, 01:23:03 pm by Wild Rover »
I see Berkshire Rover \"Tweeted\" that 3 deep pocketed ones on the board are now 2. Be interesting to know who has \"Pulled the pin\" so to speak.

Anyhow, my take on it, quite simply is this, is it a football club ( business ) that these guys and the rest have places on the board of, or is it some unregistered charity.

RUPRECHT

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 08, 2011, 01:31:54 pm by RUPRECHT »
where has this come from, cant see anything on the site

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 08, 2011, 01:36:25 pm by 5minstogo »
I wonder if anyone is asking the squad to chip in? Or maybe a reduction in wages?

No thought not.

NorthNorfolkRover

« Reply #12 on August 08, 2011, 01:38:56 pm by NorthNorfolkRover »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=173577
We are in danger of becoming a laughing stock. We have a board of directors worth over half a billion pounds with one who is worth more than I will ever earn in a lifetime and they have the cheek to ask us for £50.
I pay enough into DRFc with a season ticket each year without them now begging for more.
Is this a serious request or is it somebody taking the piss?

Fair enough but couldnt you keep this opinion to yourself as it can only undermine this effort and demoralise folk surroundng jr. These are desperate times.
Are we approaching the silly little boy who kicked billy for a donation ?

RUPRECHT

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 08, 2011, 01:45:39 pm by RUPRECHT »
well the ref could contribute his f**king match fee for starters!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 08, 2011, 01:46:19 pm by MrFrost »
Absolutely laughable.

Won't be getting £50 from me. The could have had much more had their commercial department bothered to ring us back regarding commercial packages. We made enquries 4 or 5 times over the summer, and we are still waiting on someone getting back in touch with us. Can't be that desperate.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 08, 2011, 01:50:11 pm by mushRTID »
A few questions from me.

1) Which board member has pulled out if true, sounds concerning.

2) Cant we approach this Kirkham fella for a donation in return of plastering his company logo in the programme, shorts maybe? Signs at the keepmoat? free sponsor of the new player?

3) How much is Lewis Dunk and his disgrace of a manager chipping in?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 08, 2011, 01:50:48 pm by GazLaz »
I will gladly donate if we are looking to sign a Billy replacement ie a 3.5million+ rated player (which would probably command 10k a week wages), but if we are just after \"a body\" eg Vine, who is not a goal scorer, I won't. Do we have any clarification what the plan is?? Mellor maybe??

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 08, 2011, 02:05:17 pm by Surrey Rover »
Noticeable how many negative comments posted on this topic are from those who are not prepared to contirbute less than 24p a week to be a member of the VSC money which goes towards the club and of course the upkeep of this site. In view of the difficulty we now experience with this forum at busy periods its time this became a forum for VSC members only and let the freeloaders go and post elsewhere. If the VSC are prepared to do this I'll gladly contribute £100 to the \"Loan Striker Appeal\"

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 08, 2011, 02:15:18 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"Surrey Rover\" post=173609
Noticeable how many negative comments posted on this topic are from those who are not prepared to contirbute less than 24p a week to be a member of the VSC money which goes towards the club and of course the upkeep of this site. In view of the difficulty we now experience with this forum at busy periods its time this became a forum for VSC members only and let the freeloaders go and post elsewhere. If the VSC are prepared to do this I'll gladly contribute £100 to the \"Loan Striker Appeal\"

b*llocks to that. People have a right to decide whether they want to join the VSC, and its this kind of \"us and them\" attitude that puts me off joining.

Ive offered my help numerous times with the problems the forum has had, an offer which is still there if it wants to be accepted.

Freeloaders indeed. Piss off.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 08, 2011, 02:24:58 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=173610
Quote from: \"Surrey Rover\" post=173609

b*llocks to that. People have a right to decide whether they want to join the VSC, and its this can of \"us and them\" attitude that puts me off joining.

Ive offered my help numerous times with the problems the forum has had, an offer which is still there if it wants to be accepted.

Spot on Frosty. As I said earlier it's just an exercise to see how much money people can wave about. It's f**k all to do with football.

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 08, 2011, 02:26:09 pm by Surrey Rover »

Touched a nerve did we?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 08, 2011, 02:29:14 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"Surrey Rover\" post=173615

Touched a nerve did we?

Not at all. But you have now lost one potential VSC membership. I had actually warmed to the idea of joining, but you my friend have now made me see the error of my ways.

DN5Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on August 08, 2011, 02:34:21 pm by DN5Rover »
As I understand this a \"request\" has been made for some financial support. Why do people from BOTH sides of the argument feel they need to expand on what to me is a simple \"YES I will\" or NO I will not\" answer. Seems quite simple to me!

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on August 08, 2011, 02:35:06 pm by Surrey Rover »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=173617

Touched a nerve did we?

Not at all. But you have now lost one potential VSC membership. I had actually warmed to the idea of joining, but you my friend have now made me see the error of my ways.

Ok, and can you confirm you won't be posting on here anymore or will you continue to use a service paid for by others?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 08, 2011, 02:37:14 pm by Jonathan »
Credit to those that can afford to (and have) made donations. I'm not against the idea as a football club kind of belongs to everyone and we all contribute in our own ways and to our own means, whether that is through ticket purchases, memberships, merchandising or donations.

I'd rather it hadn't sparked any kind of negativity as all I want (as a fan) is for us to acquire some kind of suitable replacement for Billy while he's injured, and if this is what it takes to raise the money then so be it. I still owe my mate £440 that was paid to the Rovers for a season ticket so I'm in no position to donate personally, but I admire those that can and do.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on August 08, 2011, 02:37:17 pm by The Red Baron »
I could have predicted that this would have degenerated into a slanging match by now- if not involving the protagonists in question then it would be others.

Maybe it would have been a better idea to introduce the concept at the AGM on Saturday. I'm not averse to contributing, as I did to the Sharpshooter fund, but I'd like to know a bit about the sort of player we're looking to bring in- and how long Sharp and Hayter will be out.

Maybe we call it the \"Stand-in shooter for Sharp\" fund?

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on August 08, 2011, 02:38:18 pm by weststander »
I have just paid my contribution, even though I am not that well off being retired. This type of request is not unusual in football. Only last week I was reading that the supporters of a club lower in the league structure had pitched in to bring in a player on loan (can't remember the club).
I wonder how many of the \"negative\" posters would be happy to see us watching league 1 football next season.
Naturally we all have the right to choose how to spend our dispoable income but if you can afford it and don't elect to contribute don't complain about the extent of others' committment

:scarf: :scarf:

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on August 08, 2011, 02:38:56 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
Quote from: \"Surrey Rover\" post=173622

Touched a nerve did we?

Ok, and can you confirm you won't be posting on here anymore or will you continue to use a service paid for by others?

Make it a VSC members only clique then. Fine by me. It's just a forum after all. Plenty of other options available.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on August 08, 2011, 02:40:23 pm by Wild Rover »
The \"be all and end all\" of this is that if the \"Board\" were to put in another 5 million that would equate at around 1% of their combined wealth, on that basis i dont think my 1% will do much for the pot.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 08, 2011, 02:45:21 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"Surrey Rover\" post=173622

Touched a nerve did we?

Maybe you missed the part where I said I had offered help with the forum, off my own back. Put it this way, if my advice had been taken when the board first started, you wouldn't have the issues you have now.

And no, I will carry on posting thank you.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012