Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 06:03:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ryan to sue?  (Read 6156 times)

Pintolager

• Forum Member
Re: Ryan to sue?
« Reply #30 on August 18, 2011, 08:48:55 pm by Pintolager »
I could have understood Ryan's comments if they were straight after the match.....which you could maybe put down as a knee-jerk reaction, but he has had time to think about the siuation.....

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on August 18, 2011, 09:20:35 pm by jucyberry »
He did sound like a man on a mission regarding  Dunk at last weeks meeting, If we had £50 for each time he mentioned him I don't think any one would need to wait for us to go up to get a free season ticket...

If he went forwards with this, and just say won, how would it impact on the future of smaller clubs? Because unless I'm reading things wrong, couldn't a reckless tackle, challenged in a court of law mean potential bankrupcy to those teams with less financial clout..

and thinking further, if a case like this did go to court and was lost, how would that impact on the team? As for the game its self, whilst no one wants to see a player injured, it is a truly horrible thing to see anyone in pain and badly injured being stretcherd off the pitch no one wants to see a game of almost patty cake, gently tippy toeing around for 90 mins petrified to go for the ball incase they get sued..

it shouldn't happen at all, but when an incident like this happens it has to be sorted out at the time, or when both teams are still at the stadium, not weeks later...

football belongs on the pitch, not in a law court..

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 19, 2011, 12:09:48 am by Mr1Croft »
As long as the bleeding physio doesn't see a penney of the claim to cover Billy's medical costs I'm not that fussed...

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on August 19, 2011, 08:35:28 am by The Red Baron »
As King Barnes says, this is probably something that has been taken out of context and magnified out of all proportion. The best thing John Ryan could do is campaign with his fellow chairmen and get others (eg managers) involved to persuade the FA to allow retrospective punishments- especially where the referee admits he was too lenient with the original punishment. Dunk's yellow card could then have been upgraded to a red (with a consequent three-match ban) and some measure of justice would have been served. Similarly with Joey Barton last weekend.

It would be a bad idea to get lawyers involved, because when that happens, they are the only winners.

Uhtred

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 19, 2011, 09:42:33 am by Uhtred »
:evil: To put a different slant on all this, what would folk say if Poyet ( \" win at all costs\" ) actually told his hatchet men to go out and noble Billy or we are going to loose our opening game. Don`t forget the ridiculous hype that the BBC accorded this game. I share JR`s sense of grievence.
The FA needs to examine how other sports deal with thuggery, rugby union and league are extreme contact sports but they are governed by a proper regulatory body.

PACMAN

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on August 19, 2011, 10:09:59 am by PACMAN »
It's a definate no from me as well. As many have said it's a contact sport and injuries happen. What goes around comes around and I'm sure Mr. Dunk will get his at some point!! If JR wants to take anyone to task go for the idiots who made up the rule that you cannot appeal an incident because the referee has already dealt with it i.e. in this case giving a yellow card and later admitting it should have been red!!:angry:

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on August 19, 2011, 10:32:37 am by CusworthRovers »
Sue the t**t and the t**t that did Mason......no way on this earth was either of those a football tackle. Football tackles are fine in a game of football when going for the ball or an intention to go for the ball. Deliberately taking the legs of a player and causing long term injury with no intent or chance of getting the ball is a whole new dimension. Even worse when it effects the outcome of a match, or a season.

I'd also consider suing the ref, as he failed to take the appropriate action.

And...........if I was Alan Minter or Charlie Magri, I'd consider their cases too. Look what happened to their faces.

Don't most of the adverts say 'no win no fee' Well I'm sure that BJ Bloomer and the one with Jo Pasquale does anyway

TinyPortal © 2005-2012