Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 10:20:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Well...the \"SOD OUT\" brigade got what they deserve  (Read 3970 times)

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
Well...the \"SOD OUT\" brigade got what they deserve
« on September 23, 2011, 06:24:51 am by Thinwhiteduke »
Management Team sacked the eve before a crucial game.

Replaced by a no mark amatuer who couldnt give two figs for the Club, its existing players, and who will want significant time to turn things around.

Prepare for an exodus of loyal players to whichever Club is lucky enough to end up with Shaun and Richard.

To be honest, I hardly care I cant use my Season Ticket again this season.

Hope those baying for SOD's head are pleased at the outcome, after all, you got what you wanted didnt you?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Red Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Well...the \"SOD OUT\" brigade got what they deserve
« Reply #1 on September 23, 2011, 06:26:00 am by Red Rover »
Quote from: \"Thinwhiteduke\" post=184432

Replaced by a no mark amatuer who couldnt give two figs for the Club, its existing players, and who will want significant time to turn things around.

Prepare for an exodus of loyal players to whichever Club is lucky enough to end up with Shaun and Richard.

Hope those baying for SOD's head are pleased at the outcome, after all, you got what you wanted didnt you?

The SOD Out brigade?! Did you not see the results of the poll?! To say it was a minoritiy was is an understatement! :headbang:

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 23, 2011, 06:29:30 am by Barmby Rover »
There was one significant vote amongst them though.....

Chrisd_123

« Reply #3 on September 23, 2011, 06:48:40 am by Chrisd_123 »
Apart from Saturday night, when lets be honest, you could see why people were questioning him. But as of Sunday when people calmed down after the shocking display on Saturday people began to come around and think their thoughts over again. This is weird though. This isn't just because JR read a few threads on here put it that way. The club statement says \"Shareholders\" so I assume there's more than just JR making this decision and when there's people on the board with so called \"big money\" they may well have forced JR's hand.

Nobody can thank SOD enough for what he's done for this club and even those who wanted him gone on Saturday night will probably be gutted by this news too so I don't really see this as a time to start having a go at one another blaming people for SOD's \"sacking\" or whatever has happened. There's more to this than we're seeing I fear :(

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 23, 2011, 07:07:28 am by Wellred »
Quote from: \"Chrisd_123\" post=184462
Apart from Saturday night, when lets be honest, you could see why people were questioning him. But as of Sunday when people calmed down after the shocking display on Saturday people began to come around and think their thoughts over again. This is weird though. This isn't just because JR read a few threads on here put it that way. The club statement says \"Shareholders\" so I assume there's more than just JR making this decision and when there's people on the board with so called \"big money\" they may well have forced JR's hand.

Nobody can thank SOD enough for what he's done for this club and even those who wanted him gone on Saturday night will probably be gutted by this news too so I don't really see this as a time to start having a go at one another blaming people for SOD's \"sacking\" or whatever has happened. There's more to this than we're seeing I fear :(

Some of you so called DONCASTER ROVERS supporters need to take a good hard look at yourselves.

Are you Rovers fans or are you Sean O'Driscoll fans?

If the shareholders of the club think this is the best decision then so be it.

From reading your comments is it fair to assume that if SOD becomes the next manager of Barnsley, Sheffield Utd or Sheffield wednesday you will then go and support them?

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 23, 2011, 07:12:36 am by Chris »
I'm so pissed off about this. What the f**k is going on?

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 23, 2011, 08:56:18 am by jonnydog »
Nothing any of us can do now except get behind the team and the new manager. I can hardly see Saunders being brought in, in 24 hours so there must be some kind of plan :unsure:

We can only do our bit as fans and make him feel welcome, unlike our blunted neighbours with Wilson. The players (I hope) will remain professional and play for who ever comes in, even the players will move on as soon as they start scoring.

Keep the faith, they always say a change is as good as a rest :scarf:

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 23, 2011, 09:31:43 am by drfcsteve »
In my opinion, we can say goodbye to Sharp, Hayter, Stock, O'Conner and Friend in January. Sharp will want to leave now and the rest will go to whichever club Sean ends up at.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 23, 2011, 09:38:44 am by benaldo »
I wanted SOD out (I think) and \"got my wish\". I just think it's time that Rovers had a chance to win a game and stay in the league. If my memory serves me SOD wasn't the worlds best manager when he came here was he? DS might be crap, he might be amazing, time will tell. but you either trust JRs judgement or you don't, and if you don't then I guess you DO like SOD more than you like the club.

9 months winless is pretty terrible isn't it?

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 23, 2011, 09:53:11 am by jonnydog »
Quote from: \"drfcsteve\" post=184616
In my opinion, we can say goodbye to Sharp, Hayter, Stock, O'Conner and Friend in January. Sharp will want to leave now and the rest will go to whichever club Sean ends up at.

I've always been one of those people that IMO if a player needs to leave when a managergoes then they're welcome to go. Can't make a player play if they want to go, however like any job, some managers people skills are different to others. Some managers are preferred to other. There's autocratic and democratic styles, but at the end of the day your paid to do your job and they should remain professional throughout and give 100% (though lets be honest, some haven't been doing that lately even WITH SOD).

If it comes to the stage where several of our top players put in requests then they will inevitably leave. As long as they are under contract and we get a good fee for them so we can replace then C'est La Vie, nowt we can do about it.

Reading into it though, Saunders managing style is positive and he tries to get along and have general banter with the player (something I don't know whether SOD will have done, to an extent). Therefore you never know, Saunders might hook up with the players today and come across professional, approachable, and give the players a sense that they CAN win every game, whilst making them fight for their place in the team.

... And you never know, we might see a Loan player start up front tomorrow ;)

COME ON YOU REDS!!!! :scarf:

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 23, 2011, 10:00:46 am by benaldo »
Thinking about it, perhaps one of the reasons SOD was sacked was that the players didn't respect him and thought their jobs were practically nailed on safe? Perhaps Saunders will come in and make the players feel like they don't have a job for life at the Rovers and that might motivate them a touch? New broom and all that.

Wrexham are second in their league, yes it's a crap league, but to quote an ex-work colleague from \"Tarn\" \"Tha can only f**k with the prick tha's given\". Give DS a chance and he might at least get some fight into the players!?

I'm 100% behind Saunders until he gets to the stage where he hasn't won a game for 8 months.

Come on Rovers, lots to look forward to this weekend and even if we lose it's still the beginning of a new era and a fresh start for our team. Lots to be positive about and a reason to cheer again.

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 23, 2011, 10:00:51 am by RTID75 »
I'd hesitate to say 'Gutted', but very disappointed that Sean wasn't given a few more matches to turn things around. I'm sure, given a few more games and a few more players coming back he would have.

I really hope, given his recent radio interview, John's arm wasn't twisted up behind his back on this...

prince

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 23, 2011, 10:29:17 am by prince »
To be fair, when people called for O'Driscoll to be sacked they probably hoped for better than Dean Saunders as a replacement.

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 23, 2011, 10:35:58 am by ScillyRover »
Just read the news. Relegation absolutely nailed on now in my opinion.
And Dean Saunders for f*** sake !
Best wishes to SOD and ROK in the future ...

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 23, 2011, 10:36:04 am by RTID75 »
Actually, the more I think about it, the closer to 'Gutted' I am getting. :(

Hounslowrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 23, 2011, 10:43:06 am by Hounslowrover »
I'm still a bit shell-shocked.  I thought SOD would be given till the Peterborough match at least.

DRFCBRADFORD

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 23, 2011, 11:37:31 am by DRFCBRADFORD »
WELL THATS IT JR I AM f**kIN DISGUSTED IN YOU IVE BACKED YOU ALL THE WAY AND NOW YOU HAVE LET ME DOWN
IVE RIPPED MY TICKET UP NOT f**kING GOING TOMORROW ,I LISTENED TO YOU ON PODCAST YOU BACKSTABER
AFTER 48 YEARS SUPPORTTING RTID THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I DONT AGREE WITH SACKING A MANAGER

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 23, 2011, 11:45:25 am by Wellred »
Quote from: \"DRFCBRADFORD\" post=184745
WELL THATS IT JR I AM f**kIN DISGUSTED IN YOU IVE BACKED YOU ALL THE WAY AND NOW YOU HAVE LET ME DOWN
IVE RIPPED MY TICKET UP NOT f**kING GOING TOMORROW ,I LISTENED TO YOU ON PODCAST YOU BACKSTABER
AFTER 48 YEARS SUPPORTTING RTID THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I DONT AGREE WITH SACKING A MANAGER

So you have ripped your ticket up for tomorrow have you?
Did you throw all your toys out of the pram at the same time?

Obviously Rovers til I Die means a lot to you doesn't it!!!

prince

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 23, 2011, 11:51:40 am by prince »
Quote from: \"DRFCBRADFORD\" post=184745

Getting a refund would probably have hit JR harder than tearing it up.

Unless he's your cleaner.

VikingJames

« Reply #19 on September 23, 2011, 11:51:45 am by VikingJames »
If you're angry about SOD being sacked, don't take it out on Saunders. It's not his fault, is it? If you're a DRFC supporter, you have to get behind him. What good will giving him grief do?

WSBBA_Ben

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 23, 2011, 11:55:54 am by WSBBA_Ben »
Quote from: \"Thinwhiteduke\" post=184432

I agree.

wabtec

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 23, 2011, 12:03:03 pm by wabtec »
I,m pleased.

ColinSutherlandLovesHisSausages

• Forum Member
Thinwhiteduke: This is ridiculous.

What I want is my team to have a chance of staying up. With Sean (Not Shaun) being unable to stop the rot in the last 7 months, I feel enough is enough. A change is needed!

I agree the timing is odd, should have Monday just gone or after Hull, as I dont see what a new manager can change in two/three sessions.

That said, the players have to shoulder some of the responsibility, the buck stops with the manager. His idea's were stale and we pose no attacking or physical threat.

Get behind the team. And the manager. Sean has taken us as far as he can, and I will thank him for that!

Savvy

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 23, 2011, 01:05:46 pm by Savvy »
JR your era at the club will go down with me as one of the best, thanks for everything, its been a blast!

Goodnight God Bless!

Admin, could you delete this account please?

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on September 23, 2011, 01:11:49 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"Savvy\" post=184823
JR your era at the club will go down with me as one of the best, thanks for everything, its been a blast!

Goodnight God Bless!

Admin, could you delete this account please?

Talk about overreacting??!!!!

It's a manager change not an announcement that the club is going into administration!!

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on September 23, 2011, 01:47:12 pm by Wild Rover »
Ryan realised that \"Pretty Football\" was not the be all and end all. As he stated on SSN he now hopes for productive football, you know win a game now and then.

Its not as if Sean had a great record in any of his seasons here, he had some luck which seems to have deserted him in last 9 months. Maybe he could have turned things around given more time, but it was inevitable one way or another he would leave DRFC.

As for players leaving because of SOD sacking, cant see that happening, in fact i can see Brian Stock becoming a player coach. Billy Sharp was always going to leave with or without SOD as manager. Jimmy O was here pre SOD and i cant see why he would want to go. James H ...well he might wish to move on, but i doubt it, if he does it will be a downward move. James C . Who knows, but he has a decent contract and is not getting any younger, so would hope he stays. Most of the others i dont think will force a move, in fact some may even flourish under new regieme.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 23, 2011, 02:02:11 pm by esdailles left foot »

Wot a complete load of b*llocks, on wot evidence do you base this?

wabtec

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on September 23, 2011, 02:58:11 pm by wabtec »
Quote from: \"esdailles left foot\" post=184868

Wot a complete load of b*llocks, on wot evidence do you base this?

The happy clappers on here are so negative.

ColinSutherlandLovesHisSausages

• Forum Member
Well said Wabtec...plus who is O'Conner...he's bound to be better than O'Connor who'd happily allow to leave in Jan!

Townender

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on September 23, 2011, 06:28:49 pm by Townender »
Would be interesting to go back to some of the comments on here after Sod`d appointment.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012