Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:41:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Protest  (Read 3692 times)

redrover10

• Forum Member
Protest
« on September 23, 2011, 09:05:17 am by redrover10 »
According to my mates there guna be a big protest at the km tomorrow before an after the game any 1 heard anything

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re: Protest
« Reply #1 on September 23, 2011, 09:07:11 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
What do we have to protest about?  Ridiculous if some morons think that...

WSBBA_Ben

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 23, 2011, 09:09:30 am by WSBBA_Ben »
A protest? Doubt that'll work.

We're just going to sing for Sean; it gives people who agree he should be re-instated the chancce to join in & let the board know where we stand.

London_Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 23, 2011, 09:10:45 am by London_Rover »
A protest?  :cry:

Let's not make a farce a tragedy...

What would be better, if this decision is truly \"regrettable\", is for JR to come on the pitch before the game and thank SO'D for his services and undoubted achievements - and give us all the opportunity to cheer and applaud the man before we move on. That is something that Sean deserves...

Now that would be doing things differently as a club!!

ian1973

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 23, 2011, 09:11:01 am by ian1973 »
A great idea will really make Dean Saunders feel welcome Seans gone time to back the new manager.
We moved on from DP sure we can do the same this time

redrover10

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 23, 2011, 09:15:01 am by redrover10 »
Thats what I fought it's the same people who wanted him gone have now changed there minds

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 23, 2011, 09:17:10 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"redrover10\" post=184589
According to my mates there guna be a big protest at the km tomorrow before an after the game any 1 heard anything

So you`re telling me 3 hours after the news officially broke your mate has organised a mass protest, whats there to protest about? sackings happen all the time in football, if anything Penney`s sacking came as a bigger shock to me than SoD`s, we`ve been struggling for 9 months, no other board would have been as patient. SoD has done us proud and given us times we could only dream about but we have a new man in charge now and we move on

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 23, 2011, 09:22:44 am by benaldo »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=184600

So you`re telling me 3 hours after the news officially broke your mate has organised a mass protest, whats there to protest about? sackings happen all the time in football, if anything Penney`s sacking came as a bigger shock to me than SoD`s, we`ve been struggling for 9 months, no other board would have been as patient. SoD has done us proud and given us times we could only dream about but we have a new man in charge now and we move on

Hear hear!

Time to get behind the new manager and give him a chance to prove himself. I would suggest his target is to keep Rovers in the Championship after our worst start (ever isn't it?) for a long, long, long time. This is a really good, positive piece of news and show the board were unhappy too. Lots of fans wanted change and now we've got it. Let's see what happens, give DS a cheer and look to the future.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 23, 2011, 09:24:11 am by jonnydog »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=184600

Exactly, fckin 'ell, we don't want to show ourselves up as a club like our Blunted neighbours did with the Wilson saga :headbang:

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 23, 2011, 09:25:09 am by mushRTID »
For a big protest dont you need a big crowd?

Jim Dobbin

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 23, 2011, 09:25:51 am by Jim Dobbin »
Where are they going to get the crowds from to have a protest?

ian1973

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 23, 2011, 09:26:08 am by ian1973 »
I was far from being an SOD fan but i do think in the long run it will be the best for him,i do truly think he will go on to bigger and better things in the future.

Chrisd_123

« Reply #12 on September 23, 2011, 09:27:01 am by Chrisd_123 »
Yeah it's not ideal and the majority wanted SOD to stay but it's done. SOD is gone. DRFC is still here. Now get behind Dean Saunders and the team tomorrow and leave protests and debates to the forums. If we're going to have any chance of staying up the team need support, not a manager who's no longer in charge.

markusparkus75

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 23, 2011, 09:27:19 am by markusparkus75 »
Protest? Christ. There really are some dribbling bumclowns around.

We need to get behind Saunders and JR.  It's DRFC, not SOD United.  

And yes, we're all sad to see him go and think it's the wrong decision, but all the bitching and moaning in the world isn't going to change a damn thing about how this season goes for us.

Get over it and move on.

Buzzberry

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 23, 2011, 09:28:03 am by Buzzberry »
Tell your mate he's a bellend!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 23, 2011, 09:32:00 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"markusparkus75\" post=184613
Protest? Christ. There really are some dribbling bumclowns around.

We need to get behind Saunders and JR.  It's DRFC, not SOD United.  

And yes, we're all sad to see him go and think it's the wrong decision, but all the bitching and moaning in the world isn't going to change a damn thing about how this season goes for us.

Get over it and move on.

:laugh: :laugh: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

dijit8

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 23, 2011, 09:39:12 am by dijit8 »
I think SoD has been quoted in the past as saying the only sure thing in football is that one day you will be sacked.

I don't ever recall a manager with the level of success he has had at Rovers divide the opinions of fans so much.

He's gone now, we need to move on.

The club still need our support as much as they did before this decision.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 23, 2011, 09:57:22 am by Norfolk N Chance »
I certainly would do if JR left and certain people are implying it was the other board members that decided it so I would suggest this might not be as daft as many would think?

I would also guess others have made JR look very foolish and working behind the scenes to get Saunders in!

Quote from: \"dijit8\" post=184625
I think SoD has been quoted in the past as saying the only sure thing in football is that one day you will be sacked.

I don't ever recall a manager with the level of success he has had at Rovers divide the opinions of fans so much.

He's gone now, we need to move on.

The club still need our support as much as they did before this decision.

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 23, 2011, 10:00:48 am by roverssam1879 »
if thats the case then let them protest at home, we have nothing to be mad about, Give saunders a chance he will come good, many (including myself) wrote SOD off before he managed a game for the rovers. how wrong were we :scarf: a new era, a new start, a new season. things were stale...bring on the palace !!!:scarf:

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on September 23, 2011, 10:01:50 am by Donnywolf »
Quote from: \"mushRTID\" post=184609
For a big protest dont you need a big crowd?

.... plus the ability to produce Banners that can be read :saywhat:

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on September 23, 2011, 10:03:43 am by Donnywolf »
Quote from: \"roverssam\" post=184639
if thats the case then let them protest at home, we have nothing to be mad about, Give saunders a chance he will come good, many (including myself) wrote SOD off before he managed a game for the rovers. how wrong were we :scarf: a new era, a new start, a new season. things were stale...bring on the palace !!!:scarf:

Very good post and worth others remembering the old saying \"the King is dead long live the King\"

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 23, 2011, 10:04:54 am by Chris Black come back »

This is laughable for one reason, and one reason alone. Our supporters are, largely, the most apathetic and lazy bunch imaginable. It took Richardson to make the club an absolute laughing stock for a hardy and commendable few to start kicking up a fuss, but your average supporter just couldn't give a f**k. And there we have the truth.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 23, 2011, 10:09:31 am by benaldo »
Quote from: \"Chris_Black_come_back\" post=184647

This is laughable for one reason, and one reason alone. Our supporters are, largely, the most apathetic and lazy bunch imaginable. It took Richardson to make the club an absolute laughing stock for a hardy and commendable few to start kicking up a fuss, but your average supporter just couldn't give a f**k. And there we have the truth.

And there speaks the prophet.

Rovers fans aren't terrible, they might be a bit apathetic, but they aren't all bad. I remember those days too, and I seem to recall lots of people protesting all the time. But, there's only so much a football fan can do, what were you expecting them to do? Burn the main stand down? Kidnap the players? Ruffle Weavers hair? Dig up the car park? Move belle vue and hold it to ransom?

Truth is, supporters can't do a lot except shout or not bother to go to the game. Shouty fans achieve less than people walking away and not giving the club their cash.

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 23, 2011, 10:20:58 am by roverssam1879 »
Benaldo wrote;

Truth is, supporters can't do a lot except shout or not bother to go to the game. Shouty fans achieve less than people walking away and not giving the club their cash.[/quote]

very true. and thats the way it should be

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on September 23, 2011, 10:21:06 am by roverssam1879 »
Benaldo wrote;

Truth is, supporters can't do a lot except shout or not bother to go to the game. Shouty fans achieve less than people walking away and not giving the club their cash.[/quote]

very true. and thats the way it should be

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 23, 2011, 10:27:57 am by mrfrostsdad »
What are we going to protest about?
That at any other club in the country SOD would have been sacked months ago?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 23, 2011, 10:30:39 am by Chris Black come back »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=184649
Quote from: \"Chris_Black_come_back\" post=184647

And there speaks the prophet.

Rovers fans aren't terrible, they might be a bit apathetic, but they aren't all bad. I remember those days too, and I seem to recall lots of people protesting all the time. But, there's only so much a football fan can do, what were you expecting them to do? Burn the main stand down? Kidnap the players? Ruffle Weavers hair? Dig up the car park? Move belle vue and hold it to ransom?

Truth is, supporters can't do a lot except shout or not bother to go to the game. Shouty fans achieve less than people walking away and not giving the club their cash.

LOTS? This is the key point Benaldiplops. There were about 500 people who ultimately were sufficiently arsed to do anything about their home town club being pillaged and humiliated by Ken Richardson. 500 people out of a town of 250,000. For a whole host of reasons this town has only a tiny core of passionate supporters, the rest are apathetic, pathetic, disinterested, indifferent, passive, mad, bad and dangerous to know.

I can see why JR must feel like hitting his head against a brick wall. I'll say it as he can't: this town doesn't deserve John Ryan and a Championship club is largely wasted on the Doncaster public.

GM-MarkB

« Reply #27 on September 23, 2011, 09:23:57 pm by GM-MarkB »
Well if it all does kick off tomorrow, just be careful :whistle:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14998237.stm

TinyPortal © 2005-2012