Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 08:02:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Any news from JR yet?  (Read 1223 times)

Wokingviking

• VSC Member
Any news from JR yet?
« on September 23, 2011, 10:10:17 am by Wokingviking »
Got an awful feeling JR could walk today.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

jonnydog

• VSC Member
Re: Any news from JR yet?
« Reply #1 on September 23, 2011, 10:16:02 am by jonnydog »
I orignally was nervy about this prospect myself. But all I know for definate is that SOD is gone, I've read a few rumours on here regarding the boardroom, but until a statement is released I am staying stubbornly ignorant to it.

Surely JR is not one to throw a strop when he's overruled (if that is even the case)

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 23, 2011, 10:20:04 am by Wild Rover »
Dont see why. He made out he would walk when the fans wanted Steve Wignall out, he sacked wignall and stayed. If he was going to walk away surely he would have done it at same time as giving SOD his marching orders.

Maybe Ryans hand was forced by other members of the board, but if the reports of a meeting last night and a fall out are to be believed it would appear JR was the instigator.

Personally i wont fret about it, if Ryan stays all well and good, if he walks away so be it.

Its DRFC i support, not Ryan, Not O'Driscoll, not the board.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 23, 2011, 10:54:58 am by Chris Black come back »
Quote from: \"Wild Rover\" post=184662
Dont see why. He made out he would walk when the fans wanted Steve Wignall out, he sacked wignall and stayed. If he was going to walk away surely he would have done it at same time as giving SOD his marching orders.

Maybe Ryans hand was forced by other members of the board, but if the reports of a meeting last night and a fall out are to be believed it would appear JR was the instigator.

Personally i wont fret about it, if Ryan stays all well and good, if he walks away so be it.

Its DRFC i support, not Ryan, Not O'Driscoll, not the board.

But John Ryan is Doncaster Rovers. Not in terms of ownership or finance, but he represents what we all would have done. A self-made man with a stack of cash, bought his hometown team and built them up from nothing to a few wins away from the Premier League. On the way doing it with style and with a big two fingers up at the establishment.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 23, 2011, 11:02:49 am by bobjimwilly »
Quote from: \"Chris_Black_come_back\" post=184695
But John Ryan is Doncaster Rovers. Not in terms of ownership or finance, but he represents what we all would have done. A self-made man with a stack of cash, bought his hometown team and built them up from nothing to a few wins away from the Premier League. On the way doing it with style and with a big two fingers up at the establishment.

Totally agree. I accept we all would support DRFC if JR left, it would be a very dark day and I would worry about the clubs future. :unsure:

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 23, 2011, 11:03:29 am by jonnydog »
ONE JOHN RYAN, THERE'S ONLY ONE JOHN RYAN!!!

intake rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 23, 2011, 11:05:39 am by intake rover »
on sky sports live from the training ground at 2pm today

TinyPortal © 2005-2012