Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 02:53:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Why do i bother....!!!!  (Read 3428 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Why do i bother....!!!!
« on September 28, 2011, 10:35:08 am by wing commander »
Thats the question i would be asking myself if i was JR after reading the absolute selfish crap that people have been posting on here...

Its ranged from

1,I want my money back from the Loan appeal
2,Diouf (African Player of year twice) is a troublemaker and we dont want him
3,The board are in bed with Mackay
4,JR has no class
5,Chimbonda troublemaker we dont want him either
6,SOD should have had these funds..
etc,etc,etc

That man is trying his very best with the funds avaialable,the other two are obviousley prepared to take a risk on spending again,probabley after jr agreed to make himself look stupid by sacking sod for the sake of getting finance..
   He is trying to get top quality players to come here,they aint going to come unless they have some baggage.
   Some of the people on here need to have a trip to planet bloody earth,i dont know what they want i really dont.!!!!
:angry: :unsure: :angry: :angry:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
Re: Why do i bother....!!!!
« Reply #1 on September 28, 2011, 10:38:26 am by Sheepskin Stu »
Hi John. Nice day isn't it?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 28, 2011, 10:38:32 am by Wellred »
Agreed

Donny3

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 28, 2011, 10:39:15 am by Donny3 »
Me neither, I put my trust in DRFC and JR, he has wanted nothing but good for this club since he was a supporter and he eventually took control. If he wants to sign chimbonda or diouff, then please do, he wont do it to cause trouble and make the team falter, whats in it for him to do that!
People need to step back and start being positive, if we want to advance we might have to sign a trouble maker or two, if it means we improve as a side on the field, does it really matter. If it cause trouble and we start falling apart am sure JR and Deano will resolve it then!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 28, 2011, 10:44:14 am by wilts rover »
ask yourself another question though WC, is it actually a question of finance?

As has already been mentioned on other threads, all the players we are currently linked with are contracted to one agent. There doesn't seem to be any money coming in, just the players from that agent which other clubs dont want.

The agent is (apparently) taking out a share in the club - putting his money in - what does he want back for that? I can't imagine he would be too happy if the manager didn't play his players for instance.

Shall we see how it all pans out before we start slagging other posters off eh

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 28, 2011, 10:46:56 am by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"wing commander\" post=186963
Thats the question i would be asking myself if i was JR after reading the absolute selfish crap that people have been posting on here...

Its ranged from

4,JR has no class
etc,etc,etc

That man is trying his very best with the funds avaialable,the other two are obviousley prepared to take a risk on spending again,probabley after jr agreed to make himself look stupid by sacking sod for the sake of getting finance..
   He is trying to get top quality players to come here,they aint going to come unless they have some baggage.
   Some of the people on here need to have a trip to planet bloody earth,i dont know what they want i really dont.!!!!

It's all about opinions wc, I happen to agree entirely with your post but that doesn't mean to say others don't have the right to voice their concerns.
It's totally pointless imo getting angry about it whichever side of the fence you happen to sit on. Cheer up. ;)

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 28, 2011, 10:47:51 am by Wellred »
Quote from: \"wilts rover\" post=186972
ask yourself another question though WC, is it actually a question of finance?

As has already been mentioned on other threads, all the players we are currently linked with are contracted to one agent. There doesn't seem to be any money coming in, just the players from that agent which other clubs dont want.

The agent is (apparently) taking out a share in the club - putting his money in - what does he want back for that? I can't imagine he would be too happy if the manager didn't play his players for instance.

Shall we see how it all pans out before we start slagging other posters off eh

Have you taken over my role as being Mr Negative and suspicious Wilts??  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;) ;)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 28, 2011, 10:51:07 am by hoolahoop »
Must admit I'm suspicious too and have nagging doubts about which direction we might be taking this club.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 28, 2011, 10:51:46 am by benaldo »
Hang on a minute....ONE poster says that mckay is \"taking a share of the club\" and it's suddenly gospel???!! :blink:

Listen Wiltsrover et al, I've got some magic beans for sale, someone told me they could make you rich beyond belief. £30 each to all of you.

No-one on here honestly knows whats going on (except Marvin), even Gartom etc. Let's just leave it alone and stop looking a gift horse in the mouth. What is wrong with Diouf, chimbonda, coming here to play for Rovers anyway? Jesus christ, I'd have Hitler here if he could play holding midfielder - who cares if he does a bit of murdering in his spare time if he can tackle and give the team a platform to build from??

McKay doesn't have an exceedingly good track record, but there were people like Mclaren caught up in that investigation in 2007 too and they aren't tarred with the same brush are they? I much prefer to let people prove themselves, not dwell on \"who killed who\" in the past.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 28, 2011, 10:53:03 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

Its ranged from

4,JR has no class
etc,etc,etc

You've put up a selection of negative comments/concerns from various threads. Now go through those same threads and post a selection of positive ones !

Why do you bother? Do you want to censor every opinion ??

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 28, 2011, 10:54:42 am by RedJ »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=186980
Hang on a minute....ONE poster says that mckay is \"taking a share of the club\" and it's suddenly gospel???!! :blink:

Listen Wiltsrover et al, I've got some magic beans for sale, someone told me they could make you rich beyond belief. £30 each to all of you.

No-one on here honestly knows whats going on (except Marvin), even Gartom etc. Let's just leave it alone and stop looking a gift horse in the mouth. What is wrong with Diouf, chimbonda, coming here to play for Rovers anyway? Jesus christ, I'd have f**king Doctor Crippen here if he could play holding midfielder - who cares if he does a bit of murdering in his spare time if he can tackle and give the team a platform to build from??

McKay doesn't have an exceedingly good track record, but there were people like Mclaren caught up in that investigation in 2007 too and they aren't tarred with the same brush are they? I much prefer to let people prove themselves, not dwell on \"who killed who\" in the past.

I'll take a few of them there beans ;-)

Dickens is a little busy being physio for that ;-) :P agreed though, we've not really had an enforcer type midfielder for too long now, and it's definitely something that should've been looked at during the summer.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 28, 2011, 11:01:30 am by wing commander »
A fair point Hoola,but it does gripe me it really does..When you read these things it just sounds like take, take take ,from some people.I need this club probabley more than it needs me and i am often reflecting on the past and how close we came.
   80% of the people on here were not supporters then and frankly they dont know how lucky they are to watch Rovers in the position its in today....
   Of course everyones entitled to there opinions,crikey i know mine is normally in the minority but sometimes a good rant is in order...

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 28, 2011, 11:03:52 am by ditch_drfc »
Ok, i can see your point, and whilst i agree with some points, i myself question the fact as to why o'driscoll didn't have money made available. To me, and this is my personal opinion, i think the board wanted him out and did everything they could to get him there.

And i agree with people not wanting Diouf, being a good player is as much about putting the effort in on the pitch as it is off the pitch.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 28, 2011, 11:05:57 am by wing commander »
Quote from: \"DonnyBazR0ver\" post=186981

Its ranged from

4,JR has no class
etc,etc,etc

You've put up a selection of negative comments/concerns from various threads. Now go through those same threads and post a selection of positive ones !

Why do you bother? Do you want to censor every opinion ??

No i dont want to censor anybody and if i thought these were isolated points i wouldnt have brought it up,but i am staggered that since this rollercoaster set off on Friday morning just how negative the majority of posts have been on all of the above points..

And while people have the right to voice them,i have the same right to say they are bobbins....

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 28, 2011, 11:09:02 am by hoolahoop »
Tevez and his hissy tantrums is a perfect example of just that concern.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 28, 2011, 11:13:57 am by wilts rover »

No-one on here honestly knows whats going on (except Marvin), even Gartom etc. Let's just leave it alone and stop looking a gift horse in the mouth. What is wrong with Diouf, chimbonda, coming here to play for Rovers anyway? Jesus christ, I'd have Hitler here if he could play holding midfielder - who cares if he does a bit of murdering in his spare time if he can tackle and give the team a platform to build from??

You've been done - pop down to your local newsagents and get yourself a Lottery ticket, they make you a millionaire as well + you will save £29.

I have as much knowledge as the rest of you (well some have more info than others) on what is happening, but I hope that it is the manager targetting players he wants - rather than an agent saying what players he can have and when they can play.

Btw glad to know that you want everyone else to 'leave it alone', but quite happy to trot your own opinion out at every opportunity

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 28, 2011, 11:20:43 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
And while people have the right to voice them,i have the same right to say they are bobbins....

So, in any debate there are two sides and it doesn't reflect who is the most positive or committed fan or, should it detract from what JR is doing. In fact if he did read this forum as often as he'd like you to believe then it probably be a help to him knowing how his customers feel.

There will many things I'll agree with you on and no doubt there'll be many we won't agree. But that's healthy debate for you.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 28, 2011, 11:47:39 am by Thinwhiteduke »

Regarding that particular point.

I donated nothing and I would not be asking for it back if I did. However, the situation does pose an interesting debate.

We were supposedly so strapped for cash we were asking fans to contribute to a fund to afford a loanee...now, all of a sudden it appears we have plenty of cash to splash.

If it was always the situation that the Board would not fund transfers until SOD was displaced, (as some have hinted on here - not me) then why was that move not made in the summer to give us time to strengthen? Why all the messing about.

If JR, and the Board, knew that ultimately money was available then why the situation of asking fans to contribute?

It isnt a dig in anyway, shape or form...Im just intrigued into how the whole situation has panned out.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 28, 2011, 11:55:40 am by RobTheRover »
I'd have Hitler here if he could play holding midfielder

I dont think the commentators would have that - \"Hitler..... passes through Chambers...\"

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 28, 2011, 12:26:29 pm by vaya »
Quote from: \"RobTheRover\" post=187024

I dont think the commentators would have that - \"Hitler..... passes through Chambers...\"

....Poland, Ukraine, Russia........

thumper

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 28, 2011, 12:27:04 pm by thumper »
Quote from: \"Thinwhiteduke\" post=187022

I donated nothing and I would not be asking for it back if I did. However, the situation does pose an interesting debate.

We were supposedly so strapped for cash we were asking fans to contribute to a fund to afford a loanee...now, all of a sudden it appears we have plenty of cash to splash.

If it was always the situation that the Board would not fund transfers until SOD was displaced, (as some have hinted on here - not me) then why was that move not made in the summer to give us time to strengthen? Why all the messing about.

If JR, and the Board, knew that ultimately money was available then why the situation of asking fans to contribute?

It isnt a dig in anyway, shape or form...Im just intrigued into how the whole situation has panned out.

I got the feeling that the loan striker donation appeal was an attempt to get a show of loyalty from the fans as much as a cash generating idea.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on September 28, 2011, 12:34:51 pm by RobTheRover »
Quote from: \"thumper\" post=187050
Quote from: \"Thinwhiteduke\" post=187022

I got the feeling that the loan striker donation appeal was an attempt to get a show of loyalty from the fans as much as a cash generating idea.

Quite right Thumper, it was.  At that time I understand TB was considering his position on further investment in the light of a number of matter, not least the disappointing (at that time) ST sales.  I understand JR wanted an affirmation that (where they could afford to do it) the fans were happy to put their faith in the club, and so should the board members.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on September 28, 2011, 01:39:01 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
May be I was expecting more from the show of faith, with the Loan Star Appeal. Possibly as way of thanks a ongoing committment to listen more to the views of the VSC and the fans or even the ultimate, by inviting Gareth to take his seat at appropriate board meetings.

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 28, 2011, 04:52:13 pm by Berkshire Rover »
Quote from: \"vaya\" post=187049
Quote from: \"RobTheRover\" post=187024

....Poland, Ukraine, Russia........

I think he could do a job for us.....

On the right wing!:laugh:

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on September 28, 2011, 07:12:23 pm by timdrfc »

Its ranged from

4,JR has no class
etc,etc,etc

Well said , was wondering that myself, some of our fans don't know when there well off.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on September 28, 2011, 07:20:15 pm by idler »
I can remember all sorts of bad times in over 50 years watching the Rovers.
I chipped in my £50 because I care and want us to do well. Would I like that
to be spent on Diouf? Certainly not.
That is my opinion and it is just as valid as any other, right or wrong.:) :(

TinyPortal © 2005-2012