Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:57:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Saint SOD  (Read 2580 times)

donnyproletarian

• Forum Member
Saint SOD
« on October 07, 2011, 07:01:44 pm by donnyproletarian »
All this stick JR is getting is unwarrented and needs to put into context.Sod was instrumental in his own downfall as he started to believe his own hype just killing time while the right job came along .Were was his loyalty when Preston and the blunts came sniffing round .At no point did he make a public statement to fans saying he was happy and commited to rovers .I seem to remember hearing on here how Shields got a bollocking for questioning his loyalty and were is he now .Sod lost the dressing room and thats when we hit a bad run despite the ensuing injuries.JR is too much of a gent to bad mouth SOD but no one has a job for life .We were loosing games and no one man is bigger than the club.On a personal note i dont like the way he was outed .I thought he should have gone at the end of last season if he was going to go at all so we could plan for the future as it was clear SOD was waiting for another opportunity . Nethertheless wish him all the best for the future and thank him for some great football over the years.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: Saint SOD
« Reply #1 on October 07, 2011, 07:51:43 pm by RoversAlias »
You know him well and discuss how he feels often then do you?

People are going too far the other way on this entire Sean O'Driscoll issue for crying out loud, I am joining the calls for everyone to just drop it now. Let's all focus on the season ahead, sans-Sean and Richard.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 07, 2011, 07:56:46 pm by RobTheRover »
Quote from: \"donnyproletarian\" post=189842
All this stick JR is getting is unwarrented and needs to put into context.Sod was instrumental in his own downfall as he started to believe his own hype just killing time while the right job came along .Were was his loyalty when Preston and the blunts came sniffing round .At no point did he make a public statement to fans saying he was happy and commited to rovers .I seem to remember hearing on here how Shields got a bollocking for questioning his loyalty and were is he now .Sod lost the dressing room and thats when we hit a bad run despite the ensuing injuries.JR is too much of a gent to bad mouth SOD but no one has a job for life .We were loosing games and no one man is bigger than the club.On a personal note i dont like the way he was outed .I thought he should have gone at the end of last season if he was going to go at all so we could plan for the future as it was clear SOD was waiting for another opportunity . Nethertheless wish him all the best for the future and thank him for some great football over the years.

Was thete any need?  I can only assume you live alone and fancied a row.

donnyproletarian

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 07, 2011, 08:24:37 pm by donnyproletarian »
Quote from: \"RobTheRover\" post=189851
Quote from: \"donnyproletarian\" post=189842

Was thete any need?  I can only assume you live alone and fancied a row.

I call it how i see it .No direspect to SOD but I will defend my club as JR is getting loads of stick from the media and is not in a position to defend himself witout upsetting SOD.But it is clear from reading between the lines that JR spoke to the players befoe making his decision.Oh and by the way i did fancy an argument and dont live on my own but the wife is bigger than me.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 07, 2011, 09:22:34 pm by RobTheRover »
Ain't they all, pal.

Clearly the players were not unaware of the position the club found itself in, but I don't think JR spoke with them before SOD.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 08, 2011, 06:46:24 am by wing commander »
Not that it matters much either way but he did speak to one or two players,he admitted that on Sheff...

Dean Saunders barmy army....

mutleyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 08, 2011, 10:16:08 am by mutleyrover »
Sean was excellent for the club and the club were excellent for Sean.  For one reason or another, things started to go wrong and a fresh start was needed all round.  Is there any need to drag up \"snippets\" of what happened behind the scenes? The same happened after DP was removed from his position and it does no favours for anybody.  Time to move on and enjoy the fresh approach Deano has brought to the club and let the good memories remain of our times with Sean in charge.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 08, 2011, 04:15:07 pm by Jonathan »
Quote from: \"mutleyrover\" post=189899
Sean was excellent for the club and the club were excellent for Sean.  For one reason or another, things started to go wrong and a fresh start was needed all round.  Is there any need to drag up \"snippets\" of what happened behind the scenes? The same happened after DP was removed from his position and it does no favours for anybody.  Time to move on and enjoy the fresh approach Deano has brought to the club and let the good memories remain of our times with Sean in charge.

Agreed. It's also worth noting that the snippets of what happened with DP turned out (certainly in the main part) not to be true, and I say that as someone that believed them at the time. Some people at the club disseminate information that's simply not true, but could theoretically justify their actions. I think it stems from the very top which is why it's often taken as gospel. It's happened several times and when you look at how things have actually mapped out afterwards then you can only treat it with the utmost scepticism.

Rather than attempting to tarnish any reputations or justify any previous decisions, it's best to just move on and look to the future.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 08, 2011, 04:36:54 pm by graingrover »
Jonathan ... I still believe  possibly true the story about the two Viking goalies ... Simonson  v Butz ... when we reportedly set up a deal with Danish TV only for DP to drop Butz for the Villa game... and JR went mad .... remains part of our luvellly Roversness . If not true then it still reflects the situatioin at the time at the club ... who is running selection?

Gartom

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 08, 2011, 04:46:12 pm by Gartom »
Well let me add that I was with JR when his phone rang around 1.30pm before the Palace game..
DS rang to let JR know his team for the match. JR nicked my pen and pad, wrote it all down and smiled to me and said...'thats the first time in ages and ages that I knew the team BEFORE it was bloody printed on the teamsheet handouts' !!
He said he always hinted about his preferred line up..but never got it -and never had a call like Dean made ! I hope to get my pen back soon....tho we need it to sign Tevez of course !!!:):)

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 08, 2011, 05:03:15 pm by Old Popsider »
Quote from: \"Gartom\" post=189960
Well let me add that I was with JR when his phone rang around 1.30pm before the Palace game..
DS rang to let JR know his team for the match. JR nicked my pen and pad, wrote it all down and smiled to me and said...'thats the first time in ages and ages that I knew the team BEFORE it was bloody printed on the teamsheet handouts' !!
He said he always hinted about his preferred line up..but never got it -and never had a call like Dean made ! I hope to get my pen back soon....tho we need it to sign Tevez of course !!!:):)

Was that the pen you borrowed off me at the AGM and forgot to give back?  lol  :laugh: :laugh: :scarf: :thumbsup:

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 08, 2011, 06:46:30 pm by Jonathan »
Quote from: \"graingrover\" post=189956
Jonathan ... I still believe  possibly true the story about the two Viking goalies ... Simonson  v Butz ... when we reportedly set up a deal with Danish TV only for DP to drop Butz for the Villa game... and JR went mad .... remains part of our luvellly Roversness . If not true then it still reflects the situatioin at the time at the club ... who is running selection?

I was aware of that tale doing the rounds and I honestly don't know whether it was true or not, the evidence (playing Seremet) would perhaps support there was some foundation in that one. It wasn't one of the ones in my mind when I made the comment about falsifications, it wouldn't be right to list the ones I am thinking of other than to say I know for a fact that you are aware of some of them too, Brian.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 08, 2011, 06:57:57 pm by Barmby Rover »
Quote from: \"Jonathan\" post=189998

I was aware of that tale doing the rounds and I honestly don't know whether it was true or not, the evidence (playing Seremet) would perhaps support there was some foundation in that one. It wasn't one of the ones in my mind when I made the comment about falsifications, it wouldn't be right to list the ones I am thinking of other than to say I know for a fact that you are aware of some of them too, Brian.

Wasn't it Butz and Neilson?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 08, 2011, 07:00:49 pm by Jonathan »
Quote from: \"Barmby Rover\" post=190001
Quote from: \"Jonathan\" post=189998

Wasn't it Butz and Neilson?

They were our keepers (if Tonny could be called that!), but the Danish story was to focus on Sorensen (at Villa) against Jan Budtz. In the end Sorensen against Dino Seremet on loan from Luton didn't have the same appeal!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012