Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 02:47:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: DRFC Supporters Club ... website ?  (Read 1281 times)

graingrover

• VSC Member
DRFC Supporters Club ... website ?
« on October 10, 2011, 04:03:00 pm by graingrover »
After having browsed and suffered a bit over the discussion about the VSC Co -operative I wondered whether there was a rival organisation that did more for the club !I  visited the official website of the Doncaster Rovers Supporters' Club ! OMG!
          If it is true that the Directors do not take the supporters  of our club seriously then you only have to open that website to get some idea why they might imagine it to be so!! How the hell do THEY attract new subscriptions?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

graingrover

• VSC Member
Re: DRFC Supporters Club ... website ?
« Reply #1 on October 10, 2011, 04:18:37 pm by graingrover »
By the way how much does Rovers Alliance contribute each year to the club. I would be interested to know how much each of the three actually contribute per annum to Rovers ,
 VSC
 Rovers Alliance
 DRFC Supporters club .
   Perhaps VSC just has a good forum but not enough financial impact for the Directors to take any notice!

VikingJames

« Reply #2 on October 10, 2011, 04:20:02 pm by VikingJames »
The supporters club isn't based around their website to be fair. They do an excellent job of organising and providing coaches to away matches.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 10, 2011, 04:39:20 pm by graingrover »
yes I know ... how much does each of our supporting associations provide in support ... financially and in helping supporters get to matches . I wonder if the club actually monitors and analyses such things?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 10, 2011, 05:07:40 pm by RobTheRover »
Brian, I think you are a bit confused over what the three are.

The Rovers Alliance is more of a lottery-type vehicle (with a worryingly large payout to one fan each year), rather than an actual member-led organisation such as the VSC or the Supporters Club.

The Supporter's Club does a fantastic job of (primarily) running a travel club, and supporting other rovers initiatives, such as the recent Inca Trek.  Paul and Len (et al) do a great job.

The VSC is a legal entity as an  Industrial and Provident Society operating as a Supporter's Trust.  We have to be registered with the Financial Services Authority (FSA), and have to submit annual accounts and have a ratified constitution and rules.  In a nutshell, our aim is to give the supporters ownership in Doncaster Rovers through buying shares in the club, and using that collective weight to be heard at board level.  JR is a big supporter of the Trust model, and recognises the role of the VSC membership in the success and wellbeing of the club.

Not a definitive statement, by any means, but hopefully clears things up a bit.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 10, 2011, 06:56:22 pm by graingrover »
thankyou Rob ... I am glad to know both more about the Alliance and indeed the Supporters' Club .

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 10, 2011, 06:58:00 pm by RobTheRover »
You're welcome.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012