Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:58:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: That result was coming.  (Read 837 times)

donnygreenjeans

• Forum Member
That result was coming.
« on October 14, 2011, 09:25:26 pm by donnygreenjeans »
Lets get real here, for the four games we have played under DS the first half of each game has been poor and tonight the second half was equally as bad. Why we adopt this long ball tactic i'll never know because it does not work and it will not work, tonight for some unknown reason we didn't close down the leeds players and gave them time on the ball.

The only thing that was good about tonight was that Dean Saunders flag that was unveiled before kick off.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
Re: That result was coming.
« Reply #1 on October 14, 2011, 09:46:32 pm by Jonathan »
Well yes to some extent it was coming.

It's a strange game. You have injuries, little boardroom backing, you lose games, you get sacked. Players come back, referees make kind decisions, opponents miss chances, goals go in off opponent's arses, you say the right things, make early substitutions and you're a great manager.

The reality lies somewhere in the middle. Fact is managers get too much stick when things go wrong and too much credit when things go right.

It's disappointing as Saunders had the three games plus the international break to get into the players heads and I don't think that was the outcome anyone was looking for. We had no fight, no structure, no gameplan and no efforts on goal. SO'D would be getting hung, drawn and quartered by d**kheads for that kind of performance, I hope people show a bit more restraint with Dean.

It was very poor, as the manager he needs to explain it, but we need to get to the next game now and be much, much better than that.

Our fully fit squad is not as bad as they showed tonight.

sheffieldROVER

• Forum Member
Re: That result was coming.
« Reply #2 on October 14, 2011, 09:51:21 pm by sheffieldROVER »
i was expecting more!!!!!!!!!!  saunders is a nice bloke but he is not rovers way forward!!!
bring back mr sean play the big teams off the park odriscoll!! that is what i will miss

TinyPortal © 2005-2012