Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 02:38:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Clueless  (Read 6280 times)

Capmeister

• Forum Member
Clueless
« on November 01, 2011, 10:39:18 pm by Capmeister »
Two words...........Dean Saunders. See ya all at Ipswich for another trouncing!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re: Clueless
« Reply #1 on November 01, 2011, 10:39:43 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Are you thick?  How many midfielders did he have to choose from tonight?

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 01, 2011, 11:35:43 pm by bedale rover »
And he put ilunga there:facepalm:

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 01, 2011, 11:41:04 pm by drfcsteve »
Never mind the results, we've had poor performance after poor performance with no sign of improvement, we played just as shit tonight as we did against Leeds, that's the worry.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 01, 2011, 11:43:21 pm by andysly »
Sorry can't agree there mate. We were far worse against Leeds.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 01, 2011, 11:45:18 pm by mushRTID »
Hopefully at least tonight taught us Gorgeous Geroge is not a midfielder.

intake rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 01, 2011, 11:54:21 pm by intake rover »
a better ref tonight and we might have got something

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 02, 2011, 12:03:49 am by Capmeister »
Ur obviously a big fat yorkshire pudding for reason. If ur at Ipswich, which I very much doubt, I'll happily re-educate you................on second thoughts that could prove impossible as I've yet to establish how amoebas communicate. It's possibly not dissimilar to how Saunders imparts tactics to his players.....mmmmm, sorry he has none. Strange how Wrexham seem to progressing without him. JR, I truly apologise for this as you will always be one of my heros, what have you done? BFYP, that's rhethorical by the way!

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 02, 2011, 12:11:17 am by Capmeister »
Bedale or Bidet? I prefer the latter. Would u be endorsing the Ilunga selection? Ur point seems to be stating a fact not unusual for someone smoking crack or equvilant. Is ur middle name buffoon by any chance? Only reply if ur answer has some pertinance to the topic

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 02, 2011, 12:19:03 am by Wild Rover »
Why simply not admit Rovers were beaten by a better side. I actually thought Rovers did ok especially first half. The second goal killed Rovers.

as far as players concerned, only one let the side down badly. Another came close.

Rovers wont meet Middlesborough type teams every week, i saw lots of positives.

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 02, 2011, 12:37:44 am by Capmeister »
Wild, I truly, truly want to believe ur positive slant but defensively that was the approach of a lower league side having a go in the Carling/FA Cup. The midfield was shambolic. It's impossible to hold ur own let alone compete adopting the current style of play. What really hurts is we are quickly becoming a laughing stock in footballing circles. If you can predict where our next win will come from then ur a very brave man.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 02, 2011, 01:01:35 am by Mr1Croft »
Personally I am slowly getting more and more worried.

It has taken weeks for the team to 'gel' under Dean Saunders, and tonight we played exceptionally well in the first 20-25 minutes; we then started to slow things down and Middlesboro took control of the game as it went on. We took care of their key player (Emnes) very well but we left too much room for the other players to step in and shine.

Billy Sharps was a great goal, but watching it from the east stand at the halfway line and their was more a fluke than skill. But with it bieng Billy son's night it was always whistling into the net the minute it left his boot, no complaints from me.

My only problem is; we have a new manager, the team is beginning to gel, and yet I don't see any difference between this set-up and the the Doncaster Rovers under SOD. You can still see SOD's philosphy is still there; Hayter and Diouf constantly switching sides, defenders in midfield, and a defence that at best plays risky football.

Is this as good as it gets?

DRFCBRADFORD

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 02, 2011, 01:32:08 am by DRFCBRADFORD »
ive been saying since the leeds game if stock and gillet are the best we have in midfield we are goin down

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 02, 2011, 01:41:28 am by Capmeister »
I dont think Sean would av got the results Saunders got after he took over but we all know it's a much proved theory about new manager syndrome. No one could say what would have happened under Sean. I hate to say this but how many games has Saunders left. The defeats arent narrow, they're maulings at home. I thouroughly expected some poor performances but this is far worse. Saunders body language suggests the job's beyond him. Berating players then hiding in the dugout when it goes wrong. Not good. Mowbray by contrast looked noticeably bemused by Saunders tactics. Sorry, to be unfair but the walls of Jehicho are starting to cave in. Unfortunately, Deano's no championship manager. There I've said. Ex Prem like Diouf wont be interested in coming Donny in Div 1. There I've said it and I hate myself for doing so but this implosion is more spectacular than any fall to the conference at least we could all see that coming. This has come from nowhere

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 02, 2011, 02:09:36 am by DonnyRTID »
Oh get over yourself,  .the performance on the whole was much improved but for 2 sloppy goals, we played a top 3 team tonight but were the better side in the first half .  
Our fans were the let down tonight.

prince

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 02, 2011, 02:37:12 am by prince »
With a better goal keeper it's a 1-1 draw at worst.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 02, 2011, 04:00:14 am by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"prince\" post=196238

Tbf for their second goal we lost posession 60 yards from our goal, they countered, Naylor committed and lost out and it was in the back of the net in less than 20 seconds.

Blaming a goalkeeper is the cowards way out, If you have a useless defence that will mean the opposition gets more chances and the keeper is more prone to making a mistake. Even Joe Hart right now wouldn't keep us up...

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 02, 2011, 06:54:13 am by Wellred »
Quote from: \"Mr1Croft\" post=196239
Quote from: \"prince\" post=196238

Tbf for their second goal we lost posession 60 yards from our goal, they countered, Naylor committed and lost out and it was in the back of the net in less than 20 seconds.

Blaming a goalkeeper is the cowards way out, If you have a useless defence that will mean the opposition gets more chances and the keeper is more prone to making a mistake. Even Joe Hart right now wouldn't keep us up...

Unfortunately however that is what we do all the time. We have dreadful midfield players who give the ball away in positions that give the defenders no chance. The attacking forward then comes forward and bang.
It might help however if we had a better keeper.

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 02, 2011, 07:30:08 am by inSODwetrust »
Quote from: \"mushRTID\" post=196206
Hopefully at least tonight taught us Gorgeous Geroge is not a midfielder.

Hopefully 'Gorgeous' wont be in the starting 11, yet another goal he's cost us!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 02, 2011, 07:50:11 am by roversdude »
If there is no spot for GF at centre half please please leave him out - he is a liability

Popeye

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 02, 2011, 08:03:47 am by Popeye »
If GF is a liability, then Martiz is an accident waiting to happen.
SLOW, LUMBERING, DONKEY.
I cant believe GF can go from hero to zero in a short time.
I even thought he did alright in midfield when Ilunga was blowing out of his arse.
People get a grip.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on November 02, 2011, 08:06:21 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Quote from: \"Capmeister\" post=196216
Ur obviously a big fat yorkshire pudding for reason. If ur at Ipswich, which I very much doubt, I'll happily re-educate you................on second thoughts that could prove impossible as I've yet to establish how amoebas communicate. It's possibly not dissimilar to how Saunders imparts tactics to his players.....mmmmm, sorry he has none. Strange how Wrexham seem to progressing without him. JR, I truly apologise for this as you will always be one of my heros, what have you done? BFYP, that's rhethorical by the way!

Firstly, get your facts right I've been to every game this season and all bar one last, although I'm not actually going to Ipswich on Saturday as I disagree with £31 to watch a football game, close derbies maybe but adding in travel I'd rather save the cash.  The rest of that bile doesn't even warrant a reply, if you've nothing worthwhile to say then I wouldn't bother, I'm on here to talk about football not my level of intelligence (of which you have no idea so I suggest you keep it shut).

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 02, 2011, 09:05:45 am by Padge_DRFC »
Its like pre season different formation, differenet starting line up every week. Plus 3 so called stars putting no effort in at all. Illunga 28k to do jog around pick out a pass to Sullivan or if he's feeling adventurous pass sideways.

Diouf, chimbonda, illunga out. O'connor, if fit stock and Coppinger back in.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on November 02, 2011, 09:19:32 am by Wellred »
Quote from: \"Padge_DRFC\" post=196278
Its like pre season different formation, differenet starting line up every week. Plus 3 so called stars putting no effort in at all. Illunga 28k to do jog around pick out a pass to Sullivan or if he's feeling adventurous pass sideways.

Why not bring back the previous Manager while you are at it?

Deluded.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 02, 2011, 09:32:10 am by wilts rover »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=196281
Quote from: \"Padge_DRFC\" post=196278

Deluded.

wasn't there last night so don't really feel able to comment on how we played, but looking at the team that was put out, 2 left backs, 2 left midfield/wingers, a 4 3 3 formation when we have been struggling for numbers in midfield for weeks, I was pretty sure we weren't going to win.

There are some strange dececisions going on. Getting a wide player/forward in on loan when that is probably our strongest position now? Players not playing in their best positions? No need to get the old manager back - the new one appears to be taking on his personality - lets hope he also takes on his ability to turn a team around?

Donnybob

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 02, 2011, 09:41:06 am by Donnybob »
'I hate to say this but how many games has Saunders left.'

You don't get it, do you? Saunders has a 3-year contract, not a 1-year rolling contract. He's here for the duration because I doubt the club can afford to sack him, and in any case, his mate Willie's in charge of the ins and outs for the next 2 years.

How anyone can blame injuries beggars belief. Since SOD left old Soundbite's benefited from the return of Stock, Martis, Sharp and others while Ilunga, Chimbonda and Diouf, have been added to the squad. The squad is twice as strong today as it was for most of the bad run we endured up to his arrival.

And didn't the new messiah say he was going to cure the injury problem anyway?

One point from the past 15 with a squad like that tells me the problem isn't that we haven't got a Roy Keane, it tells me we haven't got a Mowbray or an Allardyce.

Check the table. We are rock bottom on 9 points from 15 games and starting to drift - already 7 points behind Watford in 21st place - who by the way are closer to Leeds in 6th than we are to them.

To reach what most regard as safety (50 points) we need 41 points from the next 31 games. That's a pretty tough ask the way things are shaping because I'm struggling to see us turning the corner any time soon.

This does not seem like a Destination Premiership season to me and I'm so pleased I wasn't the man who was foolish enough to broacast to the national media that he hadn't given up on the play-offs this season. Dear oh dear! Wake up and smell the coffee folks. This is a Survival or Bust season.

Fortunately we gained those flukey points in the first 3 games or we'd probably be dead and buried already.

And to those who say SOD would have done no better, perhaps it's you who need to move on. SOD's gone so stop disrespecting him. We have to concentrate on Soundbite's results from now on. The only thing we should remember (or try to forget) is that SOD had a bad run during each season he was here but he also had good runs. Incredible runs that were forged on merit, not reliant on fluke results. He took us from a similar position in our first Championship season and turned us into a fluid, cohesive, effective team that showed promotion form after Christmas.

Between now and Christmas we play 4 very strong teams in Southampton, Birmingham, Ipswich and Leicester; improving teams like Millwall, Barnsley and Watford plus an easy one away to Burnley(!). We will need at least 5 wins and a draw from those games to reach the half-way point of the season on the half-way mark to safety. Any less and we have to perform even better after Christmas.

Fancy our chances? Are we playing better after Saunders' first 8 games than before? Despite the addition of two Galacticos in the back 4 we've actually shipped more goals in less games and not kept a clean sheet in the past 7.

The return of Sharp, Hayter and now Diouf has seen our scoring rate hit one a game. Hmmm. Perhaps the new direct style is paying dividends...

The home attendance last night was 7,519 (+2,273 Boro).

I may not be a great mathmatician but it certainly seems to add up to League One football next season, and then what? How many Galacticos will regard League One as a shop window?

Very worrying times.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 02, 2011, 09:55:39 am by Wellred »
Hmmm you say stop disrespecting the old manager and yet you call Dean Saunders \"Soundbite\"

The word Hypocrite springs to mind.

Willie's in charge of the ins and outs for the next 2 years.

When will you grasp the fact that this is plainly not the case.

Donnybob

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on November 02, 2011, 10:58:12 am by Donnybob »

When we see some evidence of it in actions rather than empty soundbites.

Nah, respect is earned not thrown around like confetti.

Like I've said before, not sure yet whether Soundbite is a puppet or a muppet but you either can't, or more likely don't want to see it. WHEN he achieves miracles I'll give him the recognition he then merits. Until then I will judge him on performances and results. (Trophies won in top four divisions: Nil; Promotions: Nil; Games won: 2)

Perhaps you might do well to consider the words of H.L. Mencken: 'When I hear a man applauded by the mob I always feel a pang of pity for him. All he has to do, to be hissed, is to live long enough.'

Or maybe Irving Berlin: 'The toughest thing about being a success is that you've got to go on being one.'

Maybe you never did sing, 'There's only one Sean O'Driscol' and maybe you won't be on here in a short while stabbing your new idol in the back. You wouldn't be that fickle, would you?

Thing is, we're in deep trouble and our beliefs differ. You seem to believe the solution was to appoint an inexperienced manager from the Conference - one who had never taken charge of so much as a single league game above that level. I suppose you'll ultimately face up to the fact he's out of his depth when we get relegated.

But don't let anyone dare contradict Wellred until then.

Well son, believe what you like; clap as happily as you want and follow like a sheep. Tell the whole world the garden is rosy, the weather is perpetually sunny where you are and bear those grudges like a suit of armour.

And all the while keep defending your position by telling others to f*** off and support another team. Well next time you meet with John Ryan, why not put that suggestion to him as a novel way to grow the club?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 02, 2011, 11:19:39 am by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"Donnybob\" post=196304

When we see some evidence of it in actions rather than empty soundbites.

Nah, respect is earned not thrown around like confetti.

Like I've said before, not sure yet whether Soundbite is a puppet or a muppet but you either can't, or more likely don't want to see it. WHEN he achieves miracles I'll give him the recognition he then merits. Until then I will judge him on performances and results. (Trophies won in top four divisions: Nil; Promotions: Nil; Games won: 2)

Perhaps you might do well to consider the words of H.L. Mencken: 'When I hear a man applauded by the mob I always feel a pang of pity for him. All he has to do, to be hissed, is to live long enough.'

Or maybe Irving Berlin: 'The toughest thing about being a success is that you've got to go on being one.'

Maybe you never did sing, 'There's only one Sean O'Driscol' and maybe you won't be on here in a short while stabbing your new idol in the back. You wouldn't be that fickle, would you?

Thing is, we're in deep trouble and our beliefs differ. You seem to believe the solution was to appoint an inexperienced manager from the Conference - one who had never taken charge of so much as a single league game above that level. I suppose you'll ultimately face up to the fact he's out of his depth when we get relegated.

But don't let anyone dare contradict Wellred until then.

Well son, believe what you like; clap as happily as you want and follow like a sheep. Tell the whole world the garden is rosy, the weather is perpetually sunny where you are and bear those grudges like a suit of armour.

And all the while keep defending your position by telling others to f*** off and support another team. Well next time you meet with John Ryan, why not put that suggestion to him as a novel way to grow the club?

You seem to have all the answers.
What would you do?

We are not set up to compete at ths level, and I am coming round to the idea of League One football not being that bad. After all, its not half as bad as it once was. Not that a lot of the people on here will remember.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on November 02, 2011, 11:45:58 am by Padge_DRFC »

I wish, but i'll back the manager hopefully he'll get the team knowing what they are doing and realise the players we have are not going to do well hoofing it around.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012