Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 01:02:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Clearout list  (Read 5008 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Re: Clearout list
« Reply #30 on November 03, 2011, 01:44:33 pm by wing commander »
Quote from: \"RoversAlias\" post=196615
Quote from: \"wing commander\" post=196567
Gillet not only somehow gets to start games but survives the subs as well....It is totally beyond any rational thought in my mind,this may be a bit cheeky but his agent isnt Mackay is it..????

Rational thought cannot exist in your mind, because you have ignored one fairly important thing.

Who the hell do you play instead of Gillett?

I don't know if you've noticed, but he's the only central holding midfield player who's fit at this club. He has to start because there is nobody else - hence why he had a left back alongside him all night on Tuesday. And which of the subs do you bring him off for? One of the three wingers? There's already two on the pitch from the start so that'd be a bit stupid...the right back? Or the youth team goalie? Think about it for a second, apply some of that 'rational thought' you mentioned, and realise that Gillett had to play the whole 90 minutes because the manager's hands are tied by selection restrictions.

As for the rest of the thread, this blame game perhaps needs to end now. As I said in another thread, pretty much everybody except Sharp and Diouf has been criticised for the performance, goals and the result on Tuesday, so let's give it a rest and look ahead to the Ipswich game.

Well that argument would hold some water with me if it wasn't selective in its merit...Gillet has been starting games when we had plenty of other options...Persnally i wouldn't have let Wilson out on loan and let him play that position..As far as i can see Tuesday was the first game he had to play..
      If i was Saunders i wouldnt bother with Strikers at the minute Gillet needs replaceing urgentley and im still of the opinion we DONT have 1 centreback at this club of Championship level,apart from Hird of course..:byebye

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on November 03, 2011, 01:51:43 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"wing commander\" post=196636
Quote from: \"RoversAlias\" post=196615
Quote from: \"wing commander\" post=196567
Gillet not only somehow gets to start games but survives the subs as well....It is totally beyond any rational thought in my mind,this may be a bit cheeky but his agent isnt Mackay is it..????

Rational thought cannot exist in your mind, because you have ignored one fairly important thing.

Who the hell do you play instead of Gillett?

I don't know if you've noticed, but he's the only central holding midfield player who's fit at this club. He has to start because there is nobody else - hence why he had a left back alongside him all night on Tuesday. And which of the subs do you bring him off for? One of the three wingers? There's already two on the pitch from the start so that'd be a bit stupid...the right back? Or the youth team goalie? Think about it for a second, apply some of that 'rational thought' you mentioned, and realise that Gillett had to play the whole 90 minutes because the manager's hands are tied by selection restrictions.

As for the rest of the thread, this blame game perhaps needs to end now. As I said in another thread, pretty much everybody except Sharp and Diouf has been criticised for the performance, goals and the result on Tuesday, so let's give it a rest and look ahead to the Ipswich game.

Well that argument would hold some water with me if it wasn't selective in its merit...Gillet has been starting games when we had plenty of other options...Persnally i wouldn't have let Wilson out on loan and let him play that position..As far as i can see Tuesday was the first game he had to play..
      If i was Saunders i wouldnt bother with Strikers at the minute Gillet needs replaceing urgentley and im still of the opinion we DONT have 1 centreback at this club of Championship level,apart from Hird of course..:byebye

All was well with that post until I read the last sentence. I don't begrudge anyone a living (excepting MPs and bankers), but I fully expect Sam Hird to thank his lucky stars every morning he wakes up and gets into his car. In another universe, Sam Hird is a Hitler like character who is gassing anyone who can do more than 3 keepie uppies so he can remain the greatest living footballer on his planet.

I truely believe that there are probably people selling rat meat burgers at the keepmoat who are better at football than him, but haven't had the same luck or opportunity!

Donnylass

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on November 03, 2011, 01:55:09 pm by Donnylass »
Quote from: \"keepmoatman\" post=196158
Quote from: \"StocksArmy\" post=196148
Sulli G Woods Naylor Martis Lockwood Wilson Stock Barnes Hayter anyone care to add?

how the hell can you make a list like this an not add Gillett is beyond me.:thumbdown:

:ohmy: How can you say that Keepmoatman! He's class. One touch football and not always to the opposition. Gets my man of the match every game :thumbsup:

And you can give up digging me in the ribs every time he looses the ball - I get the point.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on November 03, 2011, 02:08:57 pm by benaldo »
Gillett is not championship standard. In fact instead of a \"clearout list\" perhaps a \"who's the right standard for championship football\" list might be easier?

In my opinion -

Diouf
Sharp
Chimbonda
Illunga
Naylor
Bennett
Barnes
Oster
Mason

Are all championship standard and, in combination, are perfectly able to compete at this level and maybe higher. The other players I haven't named are not capable at this level.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on November 03, 2011, 02:21:13 pm by Scooter »
considering our defence has been heavily criticised all season, if fully fit i would give lockwood a chance, he has always been solid, reliable and a good leader, he might not be the quickest but i bet he is faster than martis and naylor and not as rash as friend. he can't be on big bucks so i would sacrifice probably martis. i even think lockwood and hird as centre backs could do a solid job! just my opinion obviously

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on November 03, 2011, 07:55:55 pm by Donnywolf »
Sullivan
   sUllivan
   suLlivan
   sulLivan
   sullIvan
   sulliVan
   sullivAn
   sullivaN

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on November 03, 2011, 08:04:21 pm by bobjimwilly »
Friend shouldn't be on the list IMO - you can't expect the lad to play well at left back, then in midfield, in the same match, when his best position has clearly been shown to be center half, where he has excelled over the last 12 months, hence his position at the top of the MOM table :facepalm:

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on November 04, 2011, 01:20:19 pm by inSODwetrust »
Sulli
Lockwood
Bouhenna
Gillett
Dumbuya
Oster
Possibly Chambers
Possibly M.Woods