Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 10:49:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Dear FIFA.....  (Read 6001 times)

Pintolager

• Forum Member
Re: Dear FIFA.....
« Reply #30 on November 07, 2011, 10:53:38 am by Pintolager »
Quote from: \"inSODwetrust\" post=197470
[attachment=882]sepp-blatter-wanted1.jpg[/attachment]

Sorry, but FIFA HQ are in Zurich not Geneva, so you wouldn't find him there ;)

I think UEFA HQ is near Geneva though :)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on November 07, 2011, 11:16:45 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Just seen this and the comments that it may be because we could play Germany.  Well so what if we did, I'm pretty sure 99% of Germans would be quite happy to join in and respect all war dead on both sides of that war 70 years ago and the wars we currently fight alongside the Germans.  I always thought it was about respecting the dead on both sides as at the end of the day any country's armed forces are just the pawns of their government.  My Dad fought in the Falklands and as he said he still had respect for some of the Argentinans as at the end of the day they were doing the job asked of them.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on November 07, 2011, 11:17:29 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"Pintolager\" post=197472
Quote from: \"inSODwetrust\" post=197470
[attachment=882]sepp-blatter-wanted1.jpg[/attachment]

Sorry, but FIFA HQ are in Zurich not Geneva, so you wouldn't find him there ;)

I think UEFA HQ is near Geneva though :)

The sneaky German t**t is trying to stitch Platini up! :laugh:

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on November 07, 2011, 11:39:11 am by Superspy »
Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=197476
Just seen this and the comments that it may be because we could play Germany.  Well so what if we did, I'm pretty sure 99% of Germans would be quite happy to join in and respect all war dead on both sides of that war 70 years ago and the wars we currently fight alongside the Germans.  I always thought it was about respecting the dead on both sides as at the end of the day any country's armed forces are just the pawns of their government.  My Dad fought in the Falklands and as he said he still had respect for some of the Argentinans as at the end of the day they were doing the job asked of them.

Possibly the most sensible post in the thread.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on November 07, 2011, 11:39:40 am by ditch_drfc »
You know i agree with some of the comments, sif, red barron and comments like those.

If the F.A let us do it, every country that had something to remember would then have a symbol on their shirts.

They have however been granted a 1 minute silence before the game. Surely that's enough? I hate how people never get the facts of a story before ranting about it. England have been granted the 1 minute silence. So they didn't get to wear the poppy?

Remembering isn't about just wearing a symbol.

Wellington Vaults

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on November 07, 2011, 12:34:03 pm by Wellington Vaults »
I can't help thinking that there would be a major rumpus in the UK if the German national side adopted shirts emblazoned with the symbol for the organisation/appeal that represents their war dead.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on November 07, 2011, 12:35:28 pm by ditch_drfc »
Quote from: \"Wellington Vaults\" post=197498
I can't help thinking that there would be a major rumpus in the UK if the German national side adopted shirts emblazoned with the symbol for the organisation/appeal that represents their war dead.

Right you are!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on November 07, 2011, 12:47:09 pm by bobjimwilly »
Quote from: \"Wellington Vaults\" post=197498

What symbol would that be?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on November 07, 2011, 01:31:01 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=197374
It's appalling. I mean there are momorials like this when lots of people die from natural disasters (tsunamis earthquakes) and no-one bats an eyelid. Millions of English people died over two world wars. It wasn't politics that killed them, it was protecting freedom from a regime that liked gassing millions of ethnic groups! I don't know what is wrong with fighting a regime like that do you?

I am not ashamed to be English and I'm proud of what my grandparents did in the war. This is utter b*llocks of the highest order. FIFA can go f**k themselves.

You reckon we were defending freedom in WW I? Not simply joining in a period of jingoistic and imperial insanity that sacrificed 10 million lives for absolutely no purpose?

As for WW II, you reckon we'd have given 2 shits about the gassing of the Jews if Hitler hadn't been hell bent on general European domination? We went to war for exactly the same reason that we had gone to war for 300 years - to prevent any single power from dominating the continent. Morality never came into it. We were happy to sacrifice the Czechs. We'd have been delighted if Germany & the Soviet Union had gone to war in the late 30s and killed 10 million each, if that had exhausted them and left us with our empire.

Celebrate the heroism and sacrifice of the soldiers by all means. I'm wearing a poppy for that very reason right now.  But don't dress us up as some moral crusaders. We only ever went to war from self-interest.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on November 07, 2011, 01:58:55 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"BillyStubbsTears\" post=197521
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=197374
It's appalling. I mean there are momorials like this when lots of people die from natural disasters (tsunamis earthquakes) and no-one bats an eyelid. Millions of English people died over two world wars. It wasn't politics that killed them, it was protecting freedom from a regime that liked gassing millions of ethnic groups! I don't know what is wrong with fighting a regime like that do you?

I am not ashamed to be English and I'm proud of what my grandparents did in the war. This is utter b*llocks of the highest order. FIFA can go f**k themselves.

You reckon we were defending freedom in WW I? Not simply joining in a period of jingoistic and imperial insanity that sacrificed 10 million lives for absolutely no purpose?

As for WW II, you reckon we'd have given 2 shits about the gassing of the Jews if Hitler hadn't been hell bent on general European domination? We went to war for exactly the same reason that we had gone to war for 300 years - to prevent any single power from dominating the continent. Morality never came into it. We were happy to sacrifice the Czechs. We'd have been delighted if Germany & the Soviet Union had gone to war in the late 30s and killed 10 million each, if that had exhausted them and left us with our empire.

Celebrate the heroism and sacrifice of the soldiers by all means. I'm wearing a poppy for that very reason right now.  But don't dress us up as some moral crusaders. We only ever went to war from self-interest.

Basically that`s the reason any country goes to war

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on November 07, 2011, 02:28:51 pm by Filo »
The German shirt logo is a symbol of the Third Reich without the swastika underneath it!

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on November 07, 2011, 03:28:18 pm by ditch_drfc »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=197530
The German shirt logo is a symbol of the Third Reich without the swastika underneath it!

Have i missed something? Not sure i understand

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on November 07, 2011, 04:02:41 pm by bobjimwilly »

The eagle in that logo has been used for centuries, long before the Nazis and Hitler...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coat_of_arms_of_Germany

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on November 07, 2011, 04:08:59 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"bobjimwilly\" post=197543

The eagle in that logo has been used for centuries, long before the Nazis and Hitler...

Stick the swastika in a circle on the Eagles tail and that was the symbol of the Third Reich

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on November 07, 2011, 04:21:41 pm by graingrover »
Yeah ... but with a life spent fighting the cause not philosophising from the safe haven of a keyboard . Don't moralise about people wishing to  vehemently defend the memory of their loved ones lost in fighting for the country !

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on November 07, 2011, 04:26:40 pm by The L J Monk »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=197547
Quote from: \"bobjimwilly\" post=197543

Stick the swastika in a circle on the Eagles tail and that was the symbol of the Third Reich

The eagle is looking the wrong way for that to be the case.

Speaking of the swastika, how would people feel if a Buddhist nation wanted to put the swastika on their shirt?

N.B. This thread is skating perilously close to proving Godwin's Law correct once again.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on November 08, 2011, 12:09:56 am by not on facebook »
ok so why dont the fa get off its arse and act quick.

get thousnads and thousands of t shirts printed and place a t shrit on each seat at
wembley for all the fans to wear.

the design will be white t-shirts with poppies splattered here and there for eye to easily
see.

bit like the effort jr did at KMS  for first game if you get my jist.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012