Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 08:18:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Stats From Today's Barnsley Game  (Read 1933 times)

madmick50

• Forum Member
Stats From Today's Barnsley Game
« on November 19, 2011, 05:07:17 pm by madmick50 »
Possession:
Barnsley 60% Doncaster40%

Attempts on target:
Barnsley 9 Doncaster 1

Attempts off target:
Barnsley 8 Doncaster 1

Corners:
Barnsley 6 Doncaster 2

Fouls:
Barnsley 4 Doncaster 11

What a pathetic performance. What's gonna happen against the good teams in the league? It's time for all you Saunders supporters to wake up and smell the coffee. We are going down because we have a crap manager and a crap strategy. The Ipswich result was a freak one off. In that game we only had 3 attempts on target and got lucky.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

benaldo

• Forum Member
Re: Stats From Today's Barnsley Game
« Reply #1 on November 19, 2011, 05:11:06 pm by benaldo »
So it's not because Friend and co are shit then? Silly me. There's me thinking that our midfield players and central defenders are shit when all the time it's Saunders controlling them with a playstation pad from the dugout. When George misses another pass/tackle it's because Saunders has pressed X instead of Y? Or Saunders is the reason why Stock can't play anymore or that Gillett can't pass a ball to another human being more than 2 feet away?
How stupid have I been to think that Saunders prepares them for the match and positions them, then lets the footballers show their skills. What a fool I've been to think that they were the ones who've been shit since theyve been here (excluding Stock And Coppinger).

Thanks for putting it straight. Now I know who to blame....

madmick50

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 19, 2011, 05:19:44 pm by madmick50 »
The ones to blame are the fans who wanted SO'D out (if the cap fits Benaldo you should wear it) and the board that panicked. I don't blame Saunders. It was obvious he was out of his depth but good luck to him for trying. It's not his fault that he was approached. He's got nothing to lose. When he gets the sack shortly he'll be able to pocket a nice few quid in the bank.

stockyboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 19, 2011, 05:21:04 pm by stockyboy »
Oh hurray, another \"if SOD had stayed\"/\"SOD shouldn't have been sacked\" thread. Not had one of these in a good while.

madmick50

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 19, 2011, 05:27:54 pm by madmick50 »
Get over it. It was madness to get rid of SO'D and we are now reaping the whirlwind. So all the SO'D supporters should just go away and sulk in a corner should they?. Accept your responsibility if you were part of the SO'D out brigade.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 19, 2011, 05:34:01 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"madmick50\" post=199208
Get over it. It was madness to get rid of SO'D and we are now reaping the whirlwind. So all the SO'D supporters should just go away and sulk in a corner should they?. Accept your responsibility if you were part of the SO'D out brigade.

These are SOD`s players, the whole midfield are Sod`s players, it`s SOD that has left us with the pile of has been shites we`ve got now!

stockyboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 19, 2011, 05:37:39 pm by stockyboy »
So the fact SOD started this terrible run is nothing and it was Saunders who got us our first league win this season.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 19, 2011, 05:38:07 pm by andysly »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=199195
So it's not because Friend and co are shit then? Silly me. There's me thinking that our midfield players and central defenders are shit when all the time it's Saunders controlling them with a playstation pad from the dugout. When George misses another pass/tackle it's because Saunders has pressed X.    instead of Y? Or Saunders is the reason why Stock can't play anymore or that Gillett can't pass a ball to another human being more than 2 feet away?
How stupid have I been to think that Saunders prepares them for the match and positions them, then lets the footballers show their skills. What a fool I've been to think that they were the ones who've been shit since theyve been here (excluding Stock And Coppinger).

Thanks for putting it straight. Now I know who to blame....

Benaldo you are such a t**t. I thought you'd f**ked off. Go and support Leeds you knob

madmick50

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 19, 2011, 05:39:17 pm by madmick50 »
These are SOD`s players, the whole midfield are Sod`s players, it`s SOD that has left us with the pile of has been shites we`ve got now!

You can have the best midfield in the world but if you are a manager that doesn't have a clue then you are stuffed. The manager decides tactics, the manager motivates the players, the manager needs to take responsibility. Players don't become garbage overnight.

madmick50

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 19, 2011, 05:44:26 pm by madmick50 »
So the fact SOD started this terrible run is nothing and it was Saunders who got us our first league win this season.

Lets conveniently forget that we had a terrible run of injuries and that despite that SO'D kept us up last year. Be honest would you still rather have Saunders and the new strategy? I don't think so. All the brave souls such as myself that predicted this outcome would ask all you SO'D out brigade to now eat some humble pie and apologise for your stupidity.

Donnybob

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 19, 2011, 05:47:03 pm by Donnybob »
Welcome Back Benaldo. I've missed you.

Knew you couldn't keep away.

Give me a moment. I'll satart a thread to get your juices flowing... :woot: :woot:

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 19, 2011, 05:59:40 pm by not on facebook »
fcuk sake two away games and 3pts in the bag.

weather rovers would have any more or less points in the bag
from them two aways if SOD was still here is neither here or there.

rovers dont get beat because this or that player is/was shite its because
the whole team as a team were not up to the task.

it dont look good for rovers for sure and i would not bet against them
not going down,but there still is hope/chance.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 19, 2011, 06:08:58 pm by philsky »
id have taken 3 points from barnsley ans ipswich away tbh

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 19, 2011, 06:10:43 pm by jonnydog »
WE'RE SHIT, AND WE KNOW WE ARE!!!  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Although I always suspected in the back of my mind that we were gonners this season, but continued to remain postitive. But now, in my opinion unless something drastic happens (as like the other season when we were in this predicament) then we're going down.

I know it's only November, and (as previousy stated), we have got out of this position in the past however, things have changed since then, such as:-

1.) The Championship is a much MUCH more difficult league than ever before.
2.) We had, IMO, better players, ideas and set up back then.
3.) Same as 2 but add PASSION into the mix.

I'm afraid a large portion of our team is not worthy of this league anymore, and IMO the axe needs to come out, and quickly!! Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Saunders, and was not all for SOD and do NOT want this to turn into a SOD-Saunders argument. We were shit at the beginning of the season and we are still shite... but with some points at least.

We have the ability to win, we just appear to not want to. So it's either no passion, or no good!!

The fact is, we're shit!!!
Alot of what we're doing has to change. I'll still be taking my seat no matter what, but I am embarrassed by todays performance, and I am normally positive no matter what... but now my rose-tints are off and I have in my mind condemned us to League 1. I'll still go to every game, and still support them with all my heart...

I hope I am wrong, but somehow, I'm not feeling it!!

C'est la Vie... next week is another game!!!

:rtid:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012