Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 07:43:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Creeping out...  (Read 4320 times)

Donnybax

• Forum Member
Re: Creeping out...
« Reply #30 on November 19, 2011, 08:10:40 pm by Donnybax »
Although I didnt leave early today and never have left early i couldnt blame anyone that did because we were truly awful

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

VikingJames

« Reply #31 on November 19, 2011, 08:14:27 pm by VikingJames »
Quote from: \"Chris_Black_come_back\" post=199332
Quote from: \"VikingJames\" post=199327
Quote from: \"Jenny\" post=199322
Quote from: \"VikingJames\" post=199315
Quote from: \"Jenny\" post=199309
Quote from: \"VikingJames\" post=199298
Quote from: \"Jenny\" post=199291
I personally hate the fact that fans applaud players who get sent off, lets hope that is Lockwoods last game in a Rovers shirt.

Even though both managers have agreed that it was never a red card?

Yes

Why?

Because he put himself in that position with a very rash tackle after the whistle had already been blown. It looked bad from where I was sitting, obviously we were a distance away and don't have the benefit of replays at the time... I don't have time for players who lose their head and jepordise the teams 'efforts'. We didn't look like we were going to get back into the game but once we went down to 10 there was no chance and it was effectively game over.

I was very surprised to see him warming up (I didn't even realise he was still at the club to be honest!) and even more surprised to see him come on. He isn't a Championship footballer, end of story.

So basically, you want any player who commits a poor tackle out of the club? Okay then.

As for 'not a Championship footballer' - maybe he isn't, but he's head and shoulders above Naylor.

I think the fact that even Keith Hill has said it was the wrong decision sums it up. It wasn't that bad a challenge, and their player has made the most of it.

VJ - I wouldn't bother to be honest. She clearly has absolutely no idea what she is talking about. Literally not a clue. Folk like that are beyond reason.

I know I probably shouldn't have bothered replying, but I just fail to understand how the following 'logic' works...

The player should be booted out of the club for picking up a red card that wasn't a red card, but the referee gave it so he should serve such a punishment regardless. He's let his team mates down (who can stay, because even though they are shite and put no effort in, they didn't pick up any red cards that weren't red cards) and he's let the club down by picking up a red card that wasn't a red card, and therefore the fans should have no time for him. Oh and also, irrespective of today, kick him out anyway because he's shite, even though he's relatively pretty good in comparison with some of the other centre halves we've got on our books.

Go figure!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on November 19, 2011, 08:45:17 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
There was no creeping about it. That non performance didn't deserve that backing we had there today. We were let down very badly.

I'm surprised more didn't leave earlier to beat the traffic. I'm not sorry to turn my back on that shower that were supposed to be representing Doncaster Rovers.

I've seen us get turned over many times but that has to rank as one of the worst. Just did not turn up. Kids show more passion and guile in a kick-about on the street.

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on November 19, 2011, 08:55:46 pm by dumbroofer »
Quote from: \"VikingJames\" post=199335
I personally hate the fact that fans applaud players who get sent off, lets hope that is Lockwoods last game in a Rovers shirt.

Yes

Why?

Because he put himself in that position with a very rash tackle after the whistle had already been blown. It looked bad from where I was sitting, obviously we were a distance away and don't have the benefit of replays at the time... I don't have time for players who lose their head and jepordise the teams 'efforts'. We didn't look like we were going to get back into the game but once we went down to 10 there was no chance and it was effectively game over.

I was very surprised to see him warming up (I didn't even realise he was still at the club to be honest!) and even more surprised to see him come on. He isn't a Championship footballer, end of story.

So basically, you want any player who commits a poor tackle out of the club? Okay then.

As for 'not a Championship footballer' - maybe he isn't, but he's head and shoulders above Naylor.

I think the fact that even Keith Hill has said it was the wrong decision sums it up. It wasn't that bad a challenge, and their player has made the most of it.

VJ - I wouldn't bother to be honest. She clearly has absolutely no idea what she is talking about. Literally not a clue. Folk like that are beyond reason.

I know I probably shouldn't have bothered replying, but I just fail to understand how the following 'logic' works...

The player should be booted out of the club for picking up a red card that wasn't a red card, but the referee gave it so he should serve such a punishment regardless. He's let his team mates down (who can stay, because even though they are shite and put no effort in, they didn't pick up any red cards that weren't red cards) and he's let the club down by picking up a red card that wasn't a red card, and therefore the fans should have no time for him. Oh and also, irrespective of today, kick him out anyway because he's shite, even though he's relatively pretty good in comparison with some of the other centre halves we've got on our books.

Go figure!

but vj it was a red card,he was not on the pitch after it was shown ....go figure

VikingJames

« Reply #34 on November 19, 2011, 08:56:47 pm by VikingJames »
Quote from: \"dumbroofer\" post=199350
Quote from: \"VikingJames\" post=199335

Yes

Why?

Go figure!

but vj it was a red card,he was not on the pitch after it was shown ....go figure

Doesn't mean it was the correct decision, does it?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012