Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:25:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Best performance under Saunders so far?  (Read 3283 times)

Chris

• Forum Member
Best performance under Saunders so far?
« on December 03, 2011, 04:21:16 pm by Chris »
Sounds a brilliant performance so far! I'm not at the game so I'm having to judge based on Rovers Player.

A turning point perhaps, regardless of the full time result?

:scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

East Midlands Viking

• Forum Member
Re: Best performance under Saunders so far?
« Reply #1 on December 03, 2011, 05:00:41 pm by East Midlands Viking »
Yep, listening on rovers player, certainly sounds like our most solid performance of the season so far. Sounded like all the lads (old boys and loanees) playing their part and starting to gel.

Well done to the lads, especially against top of the league. Can enjoy my saturday evening now.:scarf:

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 03, 2011, 05:22:02 pm by Guernsey Exile »
BBC Radio Guernsey - Which i think takes its sport from 5 Live said Doncaster had an answer for everything southampton attempted and were limited to 2 attempts on goal

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

jmt

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 03, 2011, 05:28:39 pm by jmt »
They are a very good team, who passed it around at speed, but we hung in there in the first half, the second half was quite a powerful display by the lads, they closed down like their lives depended on it, and they started to lump it.
I was quietly happy with the watford  game display, I'm starting to feel like we have turned the biggest corner ever.
Well done to beye and hird.  :clapping:

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 03, 2011, 05:37:55 pm by Red wizard »
To a man we was superb. Stock Joc both had the best games this season as did Illunga. A big shout must go to the back 5, another clean sheet and they put there bodies on the line. The biggest thing for me today was we played as a TEAM and looked a big threat going forward. Fortune is a real handfull. Should have had a deffo pen but the lino gave offside after the ref had pointed to the spot.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 03, 2011, 05:43:18 pm by Filo »
Today we looked organised, players put their bodies on the line especially Sam Hird, Beye looks the best defender we`ve had for many a year, the players today showed a hunger thats been missing thus far, long may it continue!

VikingJames

« Reply #6 on December 03, 2011, 05:43:27 pm by VikingJames »
Fully deserved the victory today. A real battling performance. We defended great throughout the whole 90 minutes, and restricted Southampton to just the one proper chance all game.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 03, 2011, 05:47:16 pm by Donnybax »
A brilliant team performance and for me everybody played well. We defended really well, stock ran the midfield and we looked dangerous going forward couldn't ask for anymore :thumbsup:
Let's hope we can build on this and string some results together
:rtid:

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 03, 2011, 05:48:19 pm by DonnyNoel »
Cracking game, wouldn't mark anyone below a 7. Back 5 total quality and Stock a pivotal link between defence and attack.

Easy remark to make but if we take that performance into the Christmas period we'll be climbing the table in no time.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 03, 2011, 06:12:38 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Some great performances out there today, but a big shout for our Sammy, he was outstanding again today.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 03, 2011, 06:53:21 pm by albie »

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 03, 2011, 07:36:43 pm by glosterred »
Quote from: \"Chris\" post=203085
Sounds a brilliant performance so far! I'm not at the game so I'm having to judge based on Rovers Player.

A turning point perhaps, regardless of the full time result?

Got to admit that it was one of the better performance in the last year, not just this season - but and there is always a but - it will mean nothing if the performances are not kept up

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 03, 2011, 07:42:44 pm by Donnywolf »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=203116
Today we looked organised, players put their bodies on the line especially Sam Hird, Beye looks the best defender we`ve had for many a year, the players today showed a hunger thats been missing thus far, long may it continue!

:thumbsup:

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 03, 2011, 07:49:15 pm by phil o sophical »
Seem to remember we were stuck at the foot of the table in 2008/2009 after 20 games with 15 points and ended up 14th that season. With the spirit the team showed today there,s still a lot to play for this season.

Onward and upward:rtid:

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 03, 2011, 10:57:46 pm by andysly »
In answer to the OP- definitely.
And for quite some time before that. I'm not about to get carried away there are some tough games coming up and a performance of that intensity and effort will be hard to keep up but even 80% of that would be enough to get points from most teams

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on December 03, 2011, 11:16:33 pm by RTID75 »
Yes, it was a very professional performance, the team looked to understand each other and they all looked liked they fancied the game. Much, much better than most of 2011.

Oh, we need to get Ikeme signed up for good!

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on December 03, 2011, 11:59:44 pm by Viking Don »
Two clean sheets in a row at home is definitely a huge boost especially this one against a side scoring for fun, OK today without Lambert. That's really the big plus for me, limiting them to just one clear chance all game, and thankfully we have a very capable keeper now.

I think we'll play better than that though, in the first half we struggled to put two passes together and they looked in complete control, albeit without any real threat. Second half was much better. I'm not going to get carried away but when EHD gets back we're gonna be very hard to beat.

Overall we had by far the better chances and despite their possession we fully deserved the win.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 04, 2011, 12:02:11 am by Chris Black come back »
Solid, disciplined and I've been banging on about this for weeks, but a CLEAN SHEET and a very solid defensive performance.

Keep a clean sheet and we won't go far wrong.

Saying that I though Southampton had bugger all up front today.

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 04, 2011, 07:14:25 am by Berkshire Rover »
Quote from: \"andysly\" post=203272
In answer to the OP- definitely.
And for quite some time before that. I'm not about to get carried away there are some tough games coming up and a performance of that intensity and effort will be hard to keep up but even 80% of that would be enough to get points from most teams

I agree 'one swallow does not a summer make' and all that but I think we're allowed to enjoy the moment as well.

In terms of the effect of effort and intensity, I see Birmingham have away games at Cardiff today and Hull on Wednesday before we go there next Saturday, that must have some effect on them I guess.

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on December 04, 2011, 07:18:30 am by 1879Rovers »
Over the years we have always had a tendency to play better against the teams near the top of the table.
Three of the next four are away so a difficult run of games coming up. Should get a few points then!:scarf:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012