Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 02:24:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mark Wilson for Manager  (Read 2854 times)

uptonson

• Forum Member
Mark Wilson for Manager
« on January 02, 2012, 10:21:38 am by uptonson »
Le Sauders go to Welsh job, and let Mark have a go.  He was one of the more consistant players we had under SOD even though he wasn't liked by many.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Mark Wilson for Manager
« Reply #1 on January 02, 2012, 10:38:58 am by mushRTID »
Consistently shit!!

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 02, 2012, 10:41:01 am by Berkshire Rover »
It seems the biggest criticism of Saunders so far is his perceived lack of experience (an over hyped issue in my view given the high pfrofile coaching jobs he's done) so you are suggesting we go for someone who has no experience altogether :headbang:

I know he's not everybodys cup of tea, but the absolutely last thing we need now is even more uncertainty.

Our best and in reality only hope of retaining our championship status is to let the current scenario play out.

:rtid:

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 02, 2012, 11:08:13 am by wilts rover »
Quote from: \"mushRTID\" post=207657
Consistently shit!!

I have posted previously that we had one of our best runs under O'Driscoll with Wilson and Gillett in central midfield - you appear not to believe that?

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #4 on January 02, 2012, 11:09:37 am by Rovin Reporter »
Quote from: \"Berkshire Rover\" post=207658
It seems the biggest criticism of Saunders so far is his perceived lack of experience (an over hyped issue in my view given the high pfrofile coaching jobs he's done) so you are suggesting we go for someone who has no experience altogether :headbang:

I know he's not everybodys cup of tea, but the absolutely last thing we need now is even more uncertainty.

Our best and in reality only hope of retaining our championship status is to let the current scenario play out.

You would seem say that you are happy to let this experiment with our club to carry on, we are in the shit
leaking goals like a culla:cry: nder leaks water , we have only 1 (one) player of any goal scoring form ( which may i add he is
trying to sell) and to top it all he does not say that he has had anything to do with the poor form only that the team
kepp shooting them selfs in the foot. If we loose today will your opinion still be the same ?

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 02, 2012, 11:23:56 am by Berkshire Rover »
Quote from: \"Rovin Reporter\" post=207666

You would seem say that you are happy to let this experiment with our club to carry on, we are in the shit
leaking goals like a culla:cry: nder leaks water , we have only 1 (one) player of any goal scoring form ( which may i add he is
trying to sell) and to top it all he does not say that he has had anything to do with the poor form only that the team
kepp shooting them selfs in the foot. If we loose today will your opinion still be the same ?

RR,  yes my opinions will still be the same, unless someone can come up with a realistic alternative. I'm happy to listen to positive suggestions, that are practical and affordable. I'm not saying everything in the garden is rosy, but I honestly believe that the current plan will see us with some of the best players ever to have worn a rovers shirt and the opportunity to work together with the best of the existing staff to fight our way out of trouble.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 02, 2012, 11:27:48 am by dickos1 »
Quote from: \"Rovin Reporter\" post=207666

Now that must be close to being one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever read on here. :headbang:  :headbang: :headbang:

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 02, 2012, 11:29:08 am by Wellred »
I thought we might have seen the last of him after his childish behaviour the other day. sadly it seems not.

danrover82

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 02, 2012, 11:30:42 am by danrover82 »
The best players to wear a Rovers shirt agreed.

Playing with Passion and Pride to honour wearing it I very much doubt.  Look at all the loanees Sheff Utd had and what happened... oh yeah, they went down!

It doesnt work

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 02, 2012, 11:33:08 am by Wellred »
We have a current contracted midfielder playing at the moment who gives 100% passion. Unfortunately he isn't very good.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 02, 2012, 11:37:38 am by dickos1 »
Quote from: \"danrover82\" post=207682
The best players to wear a Rovers shirt agreed.

Playing with Passion and Pride to honour wearing it I very much doubt.  Look at all the loanees Sheff Utd had and what happened... oh yeah, they went down!

It doesnt work

Look at all the loan players Blackpool had, and what happened.... Oh yeah they went up

It can work

danrover82

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 02, 2012, 11:44:20 am by danrover82 »
How long do you wait?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 02, 2012, 11:45:06 am by dickos1 »
Wait for what?

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 02, 2012, 11:51:54 am by ditch_drfc »
I just can't possibly understand the train of thought that says we should sack our manager right now, and put Mark Wilson in the job. It just has no logic. No reason. Nothing. Please, someone, please just explain to me how this could ever ever make sense.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 02, 2012, 11:54:50 am by dickos1 »
It can't. People just want it to happen so they can say they were right all along

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #15 on January 02, 2012, 12:06:02 pm by Rovin Reporter »
Mark Wilson for manager (today) tomorrow can take care of its self

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 02, 2012, 12:07:08 pm by dickos1 »
Stop talking shite

danrover82

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 02, 2012, 12:09:42 pm by danrover82 »
I dont for once think we should sack Deano. I believe he has the ability to do this. I just dont believe the 'Project McKay' is working or will. I do hope I am massively wrong.

I dont think we can wait forever to hope it works though. Were Rovers planning for League 1  all along with cutting of wage bills?

Sure we know that the gates are not there to sustain championship status forever more. However the club needs to realise that the younger generation is the market here.  Bringing in the big names wont bring in the bums on seats. The club need to think outside the box and fair play they have tried withe the ex prem stars. I just dont think that this amount of short term contracts and conveyor belt of players will do anything for the club and moral of the longest serving loyal players.

In my opinion, most of the SOD era players are not playing to their full potential, we all know that.

Is moral in the club so low that they are not playing to thier best?

Are the Ex Prem players scared to get heavily involved and possibly injured incase it blows a move to the big time again?

So many quesions and not enough info from the club for the fans, so the same questions and suggestions and asnwers will always be made.

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 02, 2012, 12:10:13 pm by DRFCSouth »
Simple response to this thread is NO. Put it to bed, if we are to get rid of Saunders at least replace him with a decent alternative.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 02, 2012, 01:15:58 pm by GazLaz »
Is this thread a wind up?

GM-MarkB

« Reply #20 on January 02, 2012, 02:57:26 pm by GM-MarkB »
I have to say I was of the mind that Wilson might be the man to take over if and when O'Driscoll moved on. He struck me as a 'student of the game' type, the sort of bloke who would definitely move into management one day. I think he will make a cracking Manager, but that's just my opinion of the bloke.

However I don't think this is the right situation for a rookie gaffer to be putting himself in. Maybe one day he will return.

Right now it's Saunders who has to try and dig the club out of this hole. Just hope he doesn't find himself in a Steve Kean-esque position anytime soon. No one deserves that level of abuse.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 02, 2012, 03:26:29 pm by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"GM-MarkB\" post=207765
I have to say I was of the mind that Wilson might be the man to take over if and when O'Driscoll moved on. He struck me as a 'student of the game' type, the sort of bloke who would definitely move into management one day. I think he will make a cracking Manager, but that's just my opinion of the bloke.

However I don't think this is the right situation for a rookie gaffer to be putting himself in. Maybe one day he will return.

Right now it's Saunders who has to try and dig the club out of this hole. Just hope he doesn't find himself in a Steve Kean-esque position anytime soon. No one deserves that level of abuse.

I tend to agree with that, I am of the similar opinion that Wilson was possibly only staying here to learn from SOD as I know Wilson holds him in high regards. I do hope that Mark Wilson will become the manager of Doncaster Rovers as he understands the game very very well. But now is not the time, I don't think he is quite ready yet.

But it does strike me how he wasn't considered as a candidate when SOD was placed on gardening leave, he obviously knew all the players well and watching them on the field they do look up to him as the senior figure (it always bewildered me how Woods was given the captaincy in 09/10 over Wilson).

Then again since most of us are under the impression we apear to be committing suicide with 'Project McKay' why not take the risk with Wilson?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 02, 2012, 03:41:05 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I'd quite like Willo to be our next manager but I'd prefer us to stick with Saunders for now, changing managers every month wont help at all. Stick with Saunders for the rest of this season at least.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 02, 2012, 03:51:32 pm by ditch_drfc »
how? how? how do you even have Mark Wilson as a thought when contemplating who could become our next manager??!?!? Are you completely nuts? You are the same people who slag Saunders off for having no experience in the championship, yet you want a manager who has no managerial experience at all?!?!?!?! Don't make me laugh!

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 02, 2012, 03:58:36 pm by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"ditch_drfc\" post=207794
how? how? how do you even have Mark Wilson as a thought when contemplating who could become our next manager??!?!? Are you completely nuts? You are the same people who slag Saunders off for having no experience in the championship, yet you want a manager who has no managerial experience at all?!?!?!?! Don't make me laugh!

I don't dislike Saunders because he has no managerial expereince at this level, I dislike him because of his lack to take responsibility and its everyone's fault except his, and the players on loan.

Having said that we have been treated to watching him manage a new player coming here every week, that can't be easy and by the looks of it, his managerial skills with our basic foundation of players have got us playing quite well at the moment...

GM-MarkB

« Reply #25 on January 02, 2012, 04:02:25 pm by GM-MarkB »
Quote from: \"ditch_drfc\" post=207794

Tell me where in my post (or any post i've made) i've slagged off Saunders ?

Tell me where in my post i've said Wilson should be Manager now ?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012