Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:38:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lewis Guy  (Read 2781 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Lewis Guy
« on January 06, 2012, 06:58:45 pm by The Red Baron »
http://www.football365.com/league-one/7415390/Guy-and-Dons-part-company

Now a free agent after ending his contract at Franchise FC.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: Lewis Guy
« Reply #1 on January 06, 2012, 07:07:23 pm by RobTheRover »
Good luck to him.  I always liked Lewis, apart from the diving antics.  Never really lived up to the billing as \"the next Gregg Blundell\", sadly.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 06, 2012, 07:09:57 pm by grayx »
Always thought he was shite & acted like a knob off the pitch too.
Genius SO'D got this one wrong I'm afraid,gave him far too much time.

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 06, 2012, 07:25:36 pm by Akinfenwa »
How he lasted 5 seasons at Rovers is one of lifes many mysteries.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 06, 2012, 07:37:49 pm by glosterred »
Quote from: \"grayx\" post=209174
Always thought he was shite & acted like a knob off the pitch too.
Genius SO'D got this one wrong I'm afraid,gave him far too much time.

Probably not worth a punt then?

:scarf:

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 06, 2012, 07:42:10 pm by The Beast »
To be fair to the lad he was absolutely out of this world in training!
:headbang:

Wello

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 06, 2012, 08:06:58 pm by Wello »
hahaha, we don't pay to watch training though.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 06, 2012, 09:01:54 pm by MachoMadness »
Never forget the time he escaped his marker from a corner by running behind the net. Aside from that and scoring our first goal in the Championship, shite.

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 06, 2012, 10:07:00 pm by Pintolager »
Whatever we think of LG, I won't forget his goal at Derby in our first Championship match - not quite a Franny Tierney moment, but it was special imo.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 06, 2012, 10:52:29 pm by Draytonian III »
Good luck to him and hopefully he gets another club,maybe Hartlepool,Rochdale,Carlisle,or even Kilmarnock :whistle: Deano,s loan finishes in just over week. Heffs and Lewis ,were a good partnership ,just a thought. No doubt I will be laughed at by Benaldo,just like Sam Hird has been .

john_donc857

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 07, 2012, 12:09:49 am by john_donc857 »
What about that little touch to heffs for that goal against villa. The hairs on the back of my neck were standing up as we sang to oleary, your getting sacked in the morning. I can also remember another game in his early years, I think it was luton at home on the last game of the season and he bagged himself a brace. I'm sure luton got promoted that season, was the score 3-3

comeonrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 07, 2012, 12:25:05 am by comeonrovers »
Was a good sub but just didn't score enough goals !!!

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 07, 2012, 12:41:02 am by Standanista »
Flattered to deceive alas (especially in training), the exact opposite of Greg Blundell.

Blundell was a better shopper in Asda as well.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 07, 2012, 01:10:42 am by RobTheRover »
Quote from: \"john_donc857\" post=209270
What about that little touch to heffs for that goal against villa. The hairs on the back of my neck were standing up as we sang to oleary, your getting sacked in the morning. I can also remember another game in his early years, I think it was luton at home on the last game of the season and he bagged himself a brace. I'm sure luton got promoted that season, was the score 3-3

Yes, last game of the season. 3-3, but that game was especially memorable for the performance of the Luton striker, Nicholls.  He was awesome, and hit a screaming 30 yarder into the top corner that nearly uprooted the goals.

Also the game where Craig Nelthorpe made his debut, and gave us all cause to be excited about his future.  Sadly, that didnt quite materialise either.

Here's a link to the BBC Match Report for that game.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 07, 2012, 02:09:24 am by RedJ »
Quote from: \"comeonrovers\" post=209273
Was a good sub but just didn't score enough goals !!!

Is that strictly true though? I'm sure BST had a table showing Heff's goals/appearance rate, and it was right up there with some of the best Rovers strikers down the years.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 07, 2012, 05:09:00 am by Mr1Croft »
He wins my award for best goal scored at the Keepmoat Stadium vs Rovers Legends, a superb curling effort when I expected it would go for a throw in some 30 yards out, albeit against Lee Butler...

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 21, 2012, 10:14:22 am by RobTheRover »
Quote from: \"RobTheRover\" post=209282

Yes, last game of the season. 3-3, but that game was especially memorable for the performance of the Luton striker, Nicholls.  He was awesome, and hit a screaming 30 yarder into the top corner that nearly uprooted the goals.

Also the game where Craig Nelthorpe made his debut, and gave us all cause to be excited about his future.  Sadly, that didnt quite materialise either.

Just found the goals from this game on YouTube. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPj5WrcFWzI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 21, 2012, 10:38:39 am by Drover »
Quote from: \"RobTheRover\" post=209282

Absolutely spot on Rob,Except he is was a central midfielder not a striker,which only adds to his excellent goals scored ratio.30 in 175 games for Luton.I remember coming away from that game thinking,I wish we could sign that Nicholls.Shame he has suffered his injury and he never scored a single goal for Leeds or Preston.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 21, 2012, 10:44:03 am by RobTheRover »
My mistake Drover. Icould have sworn he played up top that game, but to be fair Luton had an embarrassment of attacking options that season.

VikingJames

« Reply #19 on January 21, 2012, 02:21:43 pm by VikingJames »
Is that John Motson commentating on that video?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012