Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 02:03:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Pottering About  (Read 1835 times)

SCFCRoss

Pottering About
« on January 13, 2012, 08:48:58 pm by SCFCRoss »
Hello there!
My name is Ross Hancock, I'm an 18 year old Stoke fan and I dibble and dabble as a blogger. I currently run a unique blogging idea where I cover the news and views of a club other than Stoke City every month and this month is the turn of Doncaster.

I call this feature Pottering About, and Pottering About enables me to visit places I wouldn't normally, learn more about teams I wouldn't normally, get in contact with some great fans and above all; I get to watch some more fantastic football on a regular basis.

I have previously done this for Cheltenham Town and Burton Albion and have made some great contacts and met some lovely people with some new affiliations to teams and players that I wouldn't have even heard of before. For example, I now have a new favourite full back in the form of Cheltenham full back Sido Jombati, and a new award for 'vocally poorest fans' with Morecambe's inane drumming and lack of singing last month.

However there is a problem this month as I am unable to attend a match for financial reasons. I would love to goto Ashton gate next weekend but with tickets and train totalling upto £100, it's simply not cost effective regardless of me wanting to visit the Keepmoat or Ashton Gate if possible.

So far I have covered a couple of topics such as the Billy Sharp saga and I have kept a close eye on the lack of left backs, reluctance for Diouf to sign a new contract and also the vicarious position the club is currently in.

My website is here: SCFCRoss
And my twitter feed is where I often keep most upto date with going's on (@SCFCRoss).

I will be looking for a fan to answer a few questions on both Stoke and Doncaster at some point too, so if you are interested in helping out in any capacity, then I would love to hear from you.

I'll keep in contact :)
Ross :)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Pottering About
« Reply #1 on January 13, 2012, 09:22:38 pm by Berkshire Rover »
Any body going through Stoke tomorrow or next Saturday could give the lad a lift,?

:rtid:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 13, 2012, 09:28:55 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"Berkshire Rover\" post=212095
Any body going through Stoke tomorrow or next Saturday could give the lad a lift,?

:rtid:

There's a guy on here named \"Stoke Rover\" - why not PM him?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 13, 2012, 09:31:42 pm by hoolahoop »
It would be nice to arrange something Berks, he's bothered so should we. However is he coming just to see if our drummer and vocal section can be any worse than Morecambes :)

RTID.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 13, 2012, 09:34:44 pm by StocksArmy »
If he can talk to Pulis about a straight swap Shawcross for Lockwood we can talk ;)

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 13, 2012, 10:20:47 pm by scuzzer »
Poor Morecambe that'll be the shortest time they'll ever hold a title for as soon as he's tried to hear our lot!!

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 14, 2012, 10:42:47 am by One_Matty_Lucas »
Quote from: \"SCFCRoss\" post=212086
Hello there!
My name is Ross Hancock, I'm an 18 year old Stoke fan and I dibble and dabble as a blogger. I currently run a unique blogging idea where I cover the news and views of a club other than Stoke City every month and this month is the turn of Doncaster.

I call this feature Pottering About, and Pottering About enables me to visit places I wouldn't normally, learn more about teams I wouldn't normally, get in contact with some great fans and above all; I get to watch some more fantastic football on a regular basis.

I have previously done this for Cheltenham Town and Burton Albion and have made some great contacts and met some lovely people with some new affiliations to teams and players that I wouldn't have even heard of before. For example, I now have a new favourite full back in the form of Cheltenham full back Sido Jombati, and a new award for 'vocally poorest fans' with Morecambe's inane drumming and lack of singing last month.

However there is a problem this month as I am unable to attend a match for financial reasons. I would love to goto Ashton gate next weekend but with tickets and train totalling upto £100, it's simply not cost effective regardless of me wanting to visit the Keepmoat or Ashton Gate if possible.

So far I have covered a couple of topics such as the Billy Sharp saga and I have kept a close eye on the lack of left backs, reluctance for Diouf to sign a new contract and also the vicarious position the club is currently in.

My website is here: SCFCRoss
And my twitter feed is where I often keep most upto date with going's on (@SCFCRoss).

I will be looking for a fan to answer a few questions on both Stoke and Doncaster at some point too, so if you are interested in helping out in any capacity, then I would love to hear from you.

I'll keep in contact :)
Ross :)

Hello mate, sounds a good idea, I am linked to Stoke now through the Missus and her father.

Morecombe were quite loud when i went to see them against Crewe last month.

Lemme know if you need anything, I live in Birmingham so dont go to the Rovers much.

SCFCRoss

« Reply #7 on January 14, 2012, 09:49:09 pm by SCFCRoss »
Glad to see lots of positive feedback! Always worry when I post it on a forum that I will be torn to pieces by the infamous trolls and know-it alls, so I'm glad that you all seem sensible and welcoming folk...so far ;) I'm looking into perhaps still getting to the Bristol City game still and would love to go. I may attempt to get into contact with the club for a potential press pass or tickets to see the team for the blog but I don't hold too much hope as I know i'm asking a lot.

As for a straight swap for Shawcross, there is more chance of Stewart Downing doing anything of any merit this season than that happening.

I will have an interview with a Rovers fan on the site sometime next week with their views on Stoke, your own club and the hot topics at the club this window. Also, is it beyond reason to wish that RTID stood for 'Ross Till I Die'? ;)

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 14, 2012, 10:03:06 pm by Viking Don »
I'm guessing lots of us have very fond memories of the Britannia Stadium :welcome:

Goldthorpe Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 14, 2012, 10:20:25 pm by Goldthorpe Rover »
Remember that day as if it was this afternoon...the start of special time's.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 14, 2012, 10:25:44 pm by Chris Black come back »
John Ryan selling shirts in the car park!

Bloody Tarkan Mustapha!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 14, 2012, 10:32:37 pm by RobTheRover »
Tarka the Rotter, he got renamed that afternoon.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 14, 2012, 11:17:06 pm by roversontheup »
The win at Britannia Stadium will always be the pinnacle of Rovers achievements for me.

Nothing we do in the future will ever mean as much to me as that golden goal to get us back into the League.

I don't think I have ever felt so physically sick during a game as I did when Dagenham drew level at 2.2.  But then THAT goal:woot:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012