Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 08:15:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: pay up pompey, pompey pay up!!  (Read 2369 times)

Buckquat

• Forum Member
pay up pompey, pompey pay up!!
« on January 24, 2012, 10:18:33 pm by Buckquat »
come the end of our season how relevant might this admission be?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16706372.stm
Buy the fa cup lose your club!!
:suicide:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

muff licker

• Forum Member
Re: pay up pompey, pompey pay up!!
« Reply #1 on January 24, 2012, 10:43:58 pm by muff licker »
Quote from: \"Buckquat\" post=215116
come the end of our season how relevant might this admission be?
Buy the fa cup lose your club!!
:suicide:

Out the clubs realms more than likely(Forest apparently will bid £1M+ for him) but Liam Lawrence has said he would love to play at DRFC one day. Underrated player at most clubs he has been at, but does the business.

Buckquat

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 24, 2012, 11:13:17 pm by Buckquat »
muff did my link connect to
'Portsmouth issued with HMRC winding-up petition'
??

Buckquat

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 24, 2012, 11:19:17 pm by Buckquat »
think i've just been shown the blue goldfish!!
:headbang:
and rightly so.!

muff licker

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 25, 2012, 07:01:45 am by muff licker »
Quote from: \"Buckquat\" post=215122
muff did my link connect to
'Portsmouth issued with HMRC winding-up petition'
??

Yes it did, however its also public knowledge that Pompey have said they may have to sell some of their star players (ie Kitson, Norris, Lawrence, Mullins etc) so thats why i put that.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 25, 2012, 07:12:55 am by DearneValleyRover »
They've asked the FA for early payment of the parachute payment to wiggle their way out of the shit again. So tax bill paid and more signings they can't afford to come.

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 25, 2012, 09:18:00 am by DRFC-PERKINS »
I feel sorry for the pompey fans, however there are too many clubs taking the piss. If you don't have the money, don't pay obscene amounts of money to players, when you cannot afford to. It's simple if you go down then tough, that's what the smaller clubs have to do.

Lawrence would be a good signing, can remember when he played against us for Rotherham, added to a great game.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 25, 2012, 09:23:34 am by Jenny »
He'd never played for Rotherham? Are you think of Mansfield?

Buckquat

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 25, 2012, 10:14:55 am by Buckquat »
It's the amount of times they seem to be getting into financial trouble. If I based my home budget on their model I'd be living on clock corner selling the big issue or my body. ( big issue methinks given the choice).
It would be interesting to know how many clubs in total have now been in administration or are running at an excessive loss. ( probably quicker to say how many run at a profit)

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 25, 2012, 11:08:08 am by ditch_drfc »
Shame to see Pompey in this situation. But I guess you don't spend what you don't have.

It would be really good to see Lawrence at Rovers. Local lad, so maybe it would swing him if the chance ever came up

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 25, 2012, 11:15:57 am by silent majority »
Quote from: \"Buckquat\" post=215158
It's the amount of times they seem to be getting into financial trouble. If I based my home budget on their model I'd be living on clock corner selling the big issue or my body. ( big issue methinks given the choice).
It would be interesting to know how many clubs in total have now been in administration or are running at an excessive loss. ( probably quicker to say how many run at a profit)

Between 1986 and the summer of 2011 the total of English clubs seeking protection from its creditors totalled 81.

This is mainly because penalties are retrospective and there are no rewards for running clubs on a good financial footing.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 25, 2012, 11:30:07 am by Dutch Uncle »
Were we one of those during the Richardson days, or even earlier?

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 25, 2012, 11:37:03 am by andysly »
I don't feel an ounce of sympathy for Portsmouth fans or indeed fans of most clubs in a similar position. The fans are always baying for more signings to buy some success in their case FA Cup, in others it's promotion, top 4 places, etc etc.
Fans want success, manager under pressure to win matches to keep job + chairman/board thinking of big pay day if things work = massive financial gamble. Sometimes it works, 90% of time it doesn't. Leeds, portsmouth, and the rest.

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 25, 2012, 11:54:12 am by DRFC-PERKINS »
Quote from: \"Jenny\" post=215154
He'd never played for Rotherham? Are you think of Mansfield?

Yes lol no idea why I said Rotherham, the game we won 4-2 at home is the game i'm thinking of.
Pretty sure Mcindoe and Greeny scored.

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 25, 2012, 12:03:21 pm by scuzzer »
Also the 2-1 game away when Lawrence gave them the lead from the spot in the 1st half before Blundell got two in the second as Macca ripped them apart, will always be in my top 5 Rovers games as we were top 2 in the division at the time if i recall.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 25, 2012, 12:33:46 pm by benaldo »
When I read that article the thing that jumped into my mind first was \"Thank god we've got Willie Mckay, JR, DW and the rest.\"

And I think clubs like portsmouth shouldn't be protected just because they are football clubs either. Any business in another sector would be crucified by the taxman if they ended up in that state for so long.

Them going bust would send a message to other clubs to get their act together and might help lower players wages - ie \"I don't care how much you want, there are other players and we don't have the money to pay your ridiculous demands. Go and sit on a bench for the rest of your career!\".

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 25, 2012, 01:22:22 pm by vaya »
The majority of football finances these days lie somewahere between plate-spinning and that moment when Wile E Coyote runs off the edge of the cliff into space and keeps going in mid-air.

If anyone actually stopped for a minute and tried to apply some rationale to it all, it'd end in disaster.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 25, 2012, 04:49:35 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=215199
When I read that article the thing that jumped into my mind first was \"Thank god we've got Willie Mckay, JR, DW and the rest.\"

And I think clubs like portsmouth shouldn't be protected just because they are football clubs either. Any business in another sector would be crucified by the taxman if they ended up in that state for so long.

Them going bust would send a message to other clubs to get their act together and might help lower players wages - ie \"I don't care how much you want, there are other players and we don't have the money to pay your ridiculous demands. Go and sit on a bench for the rest of your career!\".

Seems we haven't now benny old chap........god has deserted us!!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 25, 2012, 05:23:07 pm by The Red Baron »
Maybe no need to say any more on this subject as we may be in the same boat sooner or later after today's news.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012