Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 12:27:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's look at our negative forum  (Read 1292 times)

MartinB

Let's look at our negative forum
« on January 26, 2012, 12:34:39 am by MartinB »
OK, Our negative forum:

* Raised money for our \"LOAN STAR\" the young kid from Chelski
* Delivered flyers for games
* Offered a fantastic range services to help develop a marketing plan for the club
* Generally backed SOD in tough times/given support to DS
* Had Daz Neagle help with the vidoes for the O/S
* Created a song for the club...that wasn't exactly pushed or welcomed by the club

Let's not think we're to blame for this! Also a few golden rules of business...1. The customer is always right. 2# Don't bite the hand that feeds you 3#A lie will get you through today but has no place in the future.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
Re: Let's look at our negative forum
« Reply #1 on January 26, 2012, 12:47:44 am by bobjimwilly »
A lot of people would agree with your on your points Martin, but I think that if ever there was a time not to raise them, I would say now is that time.

If John really is close to walking away, I think we just need to show our solidarity, make sure he stays, and keep these issues for another day. Otherwise, it really is a situation where we may not be able to raise these sorts of issues with a chairman who will listen! :unsure:

Please don't take this as some sort of side taking, or proof that the VSC is in JRs pocket. I honestly think, and I've never said this before, that right now is not the time to be blaming anyone.

Once we know JR is 100% staying and still committed, then maybe at some point the VSC can discuss with John what went wrong and how we can all avoid this situation in future.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 26, 2012, 12:50:26 am by dickos1 »
All this is great, but there has been uncalled for criticism of Ryan from many quarters with regards to 4 or 5 things Ryan has done over the last few months.
People have an opinion but it's been ott in my opinion especially the criticism he got over the coppinger incident. I can fully understand him reading the views of people on here and seeing the abuse he was getting and thinking f**k it, I'm off

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 26, 2012, 12:55:09 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"MartinB\" post=215466
Don't bite the hand that feeds you

Many a poster on here would do well to take that advice, sadly it appears to late for us now!

He who pays the piper calls the tune!

MartinB

« Reply #4 on January 26, 2012, 01:01:58 am by MartinB »
I'm just trying to remind everyone that this forum has done some very good things for DRFC.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 26, 2012, 01:06:14 am by dickos1 »
The forum ain't the problem it's the people using it..

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 26, 2012, 01:06:35 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"MartinB\" post=215480
I'm just trying to remind everyone that this forum has done some very good things for DRFC.

You`re correct the contributors of this forum have done some good things, and I apologise if I`ve interpreted your post the wrong way, sadly a few on here are hell bent on destroying all the good work

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 26, 2012, 07:32:55 am by Superspy »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=215484
The forum ain't the problem it's the people using it..

Guns don't kill people, people do? :laugh:

markusparkus75

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 26, 2012, 02:20:01 pm by markusparkus75 »
Oh for God's sake, the guy was clearly upset, angry and still coming to terms with what had just happened.

I'm of the opinion he shouldn't have done that interview until he'd had a few days to sleep on it, look at the options and then outline a plan.  But if he'd said nothing, the usual people would have complained about him keeping us in the dark.

I think he spoke as a fan. And sometimes that means being emotional and saying things in the heat of the moment. You have that right on this talkboard, and he has that right as Chairman of Rovers. We all know that sometime JR wears his heart on his sleeve, and I think that's why we've trusted him all these years - because we know he's just a fan like us.

He didn't have to do the interview, but I respect him for doing so. Especially as he'd just arrived back in the UK and was clearly still a bit frazzled and coming to terms with everything that had happened.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012