Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:57:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Thread Locked  (Read 1114 times)

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
Thread Locked
« on February 08, 2012, 11:41:56 pm by ditch_drfc »
Now, I don't particularly care for that Diouf prank call thread, I barely read it. In truth, I only properly read it once it had been locked.

I'm just wondering why it's been locked? Just because a member of the admin doesn't like the topic?

What was the actual need to lock it?

Unless I'm missing something, it seems bizarre. Somebody thinks a topic has been talked about for enough time, so they lock the thread?! :blink:

:saywhat:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Thread Locked
« Reply #1 on February 08, 2012, 11:42:54 pm by dickos1 »
It was boring everybody to tears

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 08, 2012, 11:46:38 pm by ditch_drfc »
Granted.

But usually you don't comment on threads that bore you. Like I just stopped reading madmicks posts.

Just because one person doesn't like the topic of conversation, I don't think it should simply be outlawed. Is that really the direction this forum is heading?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 08, 2012, 11:52:41 pm by dickos1 »
Posts do get locked quite frequently on here, but it seems it's the fashion to have a go at the mods at the moment.. Not sure why.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 09, 2012, 01:11:14 am by Mr1Croft »
Dickos, I think ditch possibly has a right to ask, I wouldn't calling it having a go and I'm sure Rob, or one of the other mods will make a reasoned response tomorrow. I don't know the exact reason so I can't give one.

Ditch, from my perspective it hadn't (yet) resulted to name calling and abusing one another, but as Rob pointed out it has been done to death before and it is a topic that we cannot all simply agree on.

My only objection personally would be if it was locked to protect Diouf becoming the centre of scrutiny, but I highly doubt that is the case and I trust Rob's judgement on the matter.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012