Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 08:40:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Diouf  (Read 14619 times)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Diouf
« on February 18, 2012, 05:28:36 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Twitter feeds suggesting massive bust up with Diouf at centre of it all.

Police having to go down to tunnel to sort out?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris

• Forum Member
Re: Diouf
« Reply #1 on February 18, 2012, 05:32:37 pm by Chris »
It's only fair to wait for more information before commenting but regardless of this incident, he's really starting to piss me off.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 18, 2012, 05:36:43 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"Chris\" post=220708
It's only fair to wait for more information before commenting but regardless of this incident, he's really starting to piss me off.

People dont leave him alone, the intensity of the hatred is something else!

To be fair not put a foot wrong since he has came and I dont believe the spitting row either!

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 18, 2012, 05:44:13 pm by ditch_drfc »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=220714

People dont leave him alone, the intensity of the hatred is something else!

To be fair not put a foot wrong since he has came and I dont believe the spitting row either!

Agreed. It's been said on twitter that a Leeds player chased him down the tunnel to berate him.

I'll wait for more info before I properly comment on it

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 18, 2012, 05:46:58 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Like Ive said previously.....I hope its all rubbish, and Ive been impressed with how he's performed since he came here.

However, if there's and element of truth in the spitting from the other night and events today, under provocation or not, he should be bombed out...simple as that.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 18, 2012, 05:47:20 pm by ditch_drfc »

His goals and assists are starting to get to me too.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 18, 2012, 05:47:46 pm by StocksArmy »
I hated him before he came and I hate him now.And hes so over rated its untrue!

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 18, 2012, 05:52:55 pm by Chris »
Quote from: \"ditch_drfc\" post=220728

His goals and assists are starting to get to me too.

I'm not questioning his performances. I am questioning his character which, when numerous people are claiming that they feel disassociated with the club, is undoubtedly very important.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 18, 2012, 05:57:53 pm by Chris Black come back »
What on earth has the guy done wrong? He is usually our best player, puts in a shift every game, respects the manager and says he wants to help us out of the relegation zone.

Am I missing something?

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 18, 2012, 05:58:00 pm by Dare to dream! »
Quote from: \"StocksArmy\" post=220729

How is he overrated? he made the first goal with a through ball and he made the second one. Withoout him we would be in a worse position

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 18, 2012, 06:06:05 pm by StocksArmy »
Quote from: \"Dare to dream!\" post=220744

How is he overrated? he made the first goal with a through ball and he made the second one. Withoout him we would be in a worse position

Because I don't rate him. I won't argue I'm already p****d off enough so I will leave it at that. We don't need people or players like him.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 18, 2012, 06:06:19 pm by Filo »
Jonathan Buchan @jonathanbuchan

“@JamesMasonMedia: Police have locked both sets of players in dressing rooms at Elland Rd. Staff & players being interviewed #lufc #drfc”

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 18, 2012, 06:09:12 pm by dickos1 »
Quote from: \"StocksArmy\" post=220750

Because I don't rate him. I won't argue I'm already p****d off enough so I will leave it at that. We don't need people or players like him.

One of the funniest things I've ever read on here. Remind me how many goals he's either scored or provided since he's been here? I'd say about 75% of them.

TheRev

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 18, 2012, 06:31:39 pm by TheRev »

Jeez what a prize pr1ck you are.... And all because YOU don't rate him. Unbelieveable!!

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 18, 2012, 06:41:57 pm by The Beast »
Is Diouf are new scapegoat??

Whatever you think about the guys past, his character whatever you cannot possibly argue that he is not a good footballer, he is the best player we have by a mile, probably the best we have had in the 25 years I've been going. Do people actually watch the game when they go or do they just stand and goad the fat bloke in the away end?

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 18, 2012, 06:46:56 pm by FuzzyDuck »
Dioufy has done a great job since he's been at the Rovers.  One of the few shop-window players who has.  The problem is his past.  Every opposing fan hates him so he gets some abuse.  Rightly or wrongly, he takes the piss out of fans who abuse him.

Its getting a bit like the wrestling on ITV now.   Everyone booing Diouf as the baddie and Diouf blowing kisses winding them up.  I just hope it doesn't go too far.

Apparently the rumours are circulating that he spat on Ross McCormack in the tunnel.  I'd bet a pound to a pinch of shit that's not true.  Jonathan Buchan (Yorkshire Radio) who was pitch-side reported that the incident involved Chimbonda and McCormack.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 18, 2012, 06:52:14 pm by Lesonthewest »
Quote from: \"TheRev\" post=220768

Jeez what a prize pr1ck you are.... And all because YOU don't rate him. Unbelieveable!!

Thought a forum was all about opinions Rev, if the guy doesn't rate him then so be it, I must be a prize prick too then as I also think he is vastly overated, better than what we have granted, but overated.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 18, 2012, 06:54:06 pm by dickos1 »
Overrated by who though? Can't be overrated by us due to his record since we signed him. And nobody else in the country rates him, so not sure how he is overrated

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 18, 2012, 07:04:12 pm by Lesonthewest »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=220779
Overrated by who though? Can't be overrated by us due to his record since we signed him. And nobody else in the country rates him, so not sure how he is overrated

I don't believe he is as good a player than some posters on here believe he is for example, & who says nobody else in the country doesn't rate him? i'm sure there are a lot of clubs would love to have him their side, so in my opinion I believe he is overrated.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 18, 2012, 07:09:58 pm by StocksArmy »

In my view his whole body language says it all. He looks to me like he is out for himself. Look I'm not on here to piss people off it is just what I think and if that does get anyones back up then so be it who is anyone to come on here and tell me or anybody what their opinion should be?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 18, 2012, 07:10:20 pm by dickos1 »
Look how many goals he's scored or created since he arrived. It's more than any previous player in our history I would imagine percentage wise.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 18, 2012, 07:14:05 pm by idler »
A Blackpoolo fan the other night said that they tried to get him.
I think that  it's a case of clubs that didn't get him hating him.
Mind you most of our fans would probably be the same.:(

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 18, 2012, 07:23:20 pm by hoolahoop »
Well surprisingly I don't , the man is skilful, hard working and puts 100% into the team. I have yet to see him do anything else.
Yes he has a rep. , there are many that have that but for our own supporters to slag him off is imho unforgiveable.........try giving 100% support will some of you, it still doesn't prevent you from giving constructive criticism. He is ''mouthy'' but he wants to win, a burning desire that too many of our players and supporters lack on far too many occasions. Hence our position and our attendances.
RTID.

hamiltonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 18, 2012, 07:24:45 pm by hamiltonrover »
Diouf was class today, provided both assists and worked damn hard. I was watching him come off the pitch and McCormack was having a go at him, but becchio intervened and they swapped shirts, he was just behind chimbonda entering the tunnel and then all you saw was the tunnell moving, so obviously something went on. No doubt Diouf will get the blame because of his past!!

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 18, 2012, 07:55:23 pm by Lesonthewest »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=220789
Look how many goals he's scored or created since he arrived. It's more than any previous player in our history I would imagine percentage wise.

That is not in question, he is a good player & far better than anyone else in our squad, but in my opinion he is not as good as some make out.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on February 18, 2012, 08:17:22 pm by Lesonthewest »
Quote from: \"StocksArmy\" post=220788

In my view his whole body language says it all. He looks to me like he is out for himself. Look I'm not on here to piss people off it is just what I think and if that does get anyones back up then so be it who is anyone to come on here and tell me or anybody what their opinion should be?

Well said, stick to your guns & if you have an opinion, then make it & sod 'em.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 18, 2012, 08:31:15 pm by Mr1Croft »
I was very happy with Douif's contribution today and he did clap the fans in the second half which was nice to see and he does play with passion.

However, if this is true then I will feel that he has betrayed our trust. He has impressed me since he came here and he is a typical 'what you see is what you get' player. But I don't care how many goals he has scored or contributed towards, just because he is the local celebrity doesn't give him the right to stroll around doing what he wants.

Let's just imagine I was walking out of the ground, feeling let down by today's defeat and a Leeds fan said some snide comment, if I reacted in any way other than walking away with my head down I would be branded a criminal hooligan with intent on causing trouble. It wouldn't matter that I didn't 'start' it, you all would tell me that I shouldn't rise to it and what happens on the pitch should stay on the pitch; so why isn't the same rule applied in this context?

At the moment we are only going on rumors and I don't for a minute think he has spat at anyone, that is just the norm nowadays for opposition fans to accuse him of spitting because of his past. No matter how good his football is, you can't deny that he is a little temperamental at the best of times and he does have a slight anger issue to let too many things get to him, this is the second time in a week when he is being accused of a tunnel bust up.

When he puts on a red and white hooped shirt he is representing DRFC, and regardless whether he is guilty of what is being accused he shouldn't be in those situations in the first place, he shouldn't take the bait and rise to it because he is branding our team a bad reputation that we don't want. And because of this, it is us the fans that have to defend and support our club. I now feel that it has gone far enough and although Diouf probably hasn't done anything he is being accused of I feel that he shouldn't allow himself to be in a position to be accused.

I honestly feel like it is time to say to him calm down if you want to keep donning our hoops...

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on February 18, 2012, 08:47:32 pm by dickos1 »
That whole post is all on a presumption. What is the point?? He is our player and to slag him off when all your going by is Leeds fans is pathetic.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 18, 2012, 08:50:51 pm by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=220845
That whole post is all on a presumption. What is the point?? He is our player and to slag him off when all your going by is Leeds fans is pathetic.

Dickos, the whole point of my post is that I don't think what Diouf is being accused of is true. Why is he always the centre of these accusations? He isn't entirely innocent and presumptions or not these accusations are damaging our reputation.

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 18, 2012, 09:13:25 pm by Fal »
Diouf definately isn't here just for the shop window, in his post match interview for getting the MOM after the blackpool game he said he guarentees 200% we will stay up and he will help us do that. That to me shows committment to the cause regardless of what other people think.

He was more than happy to sign autographs and have pictures taken with fans after the game, when i spoke to him he was a true gentlemen!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012