Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 06:38:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Diouf  (Read 14617 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Diouf
« Reply #30 on February 18, 2012, 09:26:12 pm by dickos1 »
Quote from: \"Mr1Croft\" post=220847
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=220845
That whole post is all on a presumption. What is the point?? He is our player and to slag him off when all your going by is Leeds fans is pathetic.

Dickos, the whole point of my post is that I don't think what Diouf is being accused of is true. Why is he always the centre of these accusations? He isn't entirely innocent and presumptions or not these accusations are damaging our reputation.

Crofty you've just written 5 paragraphs about \"if it's true\" which is pathetic. He is our player and we should defend him to the hilt. His reputation goes before him, that doesn't mean he is guilty of everything that happens, people jump on the bandwagon. I've been defending him against Leeds fans but to have to defend him against fellow Rovers fans is beyond belief.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on February 18, 2012, 09:29:20 pm by Red wizard »
I think we could well see him even if we go down. I honestly feel that he feels loved by the fans here and bar 1 or 2 he is. Class player. Did you see him when they scored the 1st goal? He was trying to encorage the players and telling them to keep there heads. Would hate to think what it would be like now had he gone and Billy.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 18, 2012, 09:50:45 pm by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=220860
Quote from: \"Mr1Croft\" post=220847
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=220845
That whole post is all on a presumption. What is the point?? He is our player and to slag him off when all your going by is Leeds fans is pathetic.

Dickos, the whole point of my post is that I don't think what Diouf is being accused of is true. Why is he always the centre of these accusations? He isn't entirely innocent and presumptions or not these accusations are damaging our reputation.

Crofty you've just written 5 paragraphs about \"if it's true\" which is pathetic. He is our player and we should defend him to the hilt. His reputation goes before him, that doesn't mean he is guilty of everything that happens, people jump on the bandwagon. I've been defending him against Leeds fans but to have to defend him against fellow Rovers fans is beyond belief.

1.If you are going to criticise my posts at least read them properly.
2.If your going to quote my posts then quote them accuratley (I said \"if this is true\" not \"if it's true\".)

I only said if it is true then I would be feel my trust is betrayed, the rest of it is asking the question why he is always being accused of these things, he isn't always wrongly accused and to me he is either rising to the bait or being provocative. If he is entirely innocent in the accusations then I would be very very surprised.

Also you speak of defending him to the hilt, but I am only asking why are we in a position where we are fending off these accusations? Before he came here we rarely had this problem, and now as you say we have to defend him against opposition fans, which backs up my point that they are tarnishing our name, otherwise we wouldn't be defending him.

For the record I think Diouf is a nice bloke off the pitch, and I always thought on the pitch he was a very confident and competitive person who has a short temper. I have seen nothing to change my mind, and I am asking these questions because he is such a good player and I want to remember him by the goals and contributions and not antics in the tunnel...

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 18, 2012, 10:10:35 pm by dickos1 »
I read your post properly and I'm not going to even acknowledge point 2.
If you want to criticise our own player just on the off chance something may be true then that's upto you. He is always accused because of his reputation.
Colin Sutherland smacked someone in the box against rushden and was hailed a hero, it doesn't bear thinking about what your reaction would be if diouf did that.
Get off his back, he is as committed as anyone and it shows every game. The day he signed we knew nobody liked him, we should of used that to get an us against the world mentality but instead we have our own fans on the side of the world.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on February 18, 2012, 10:15:45 pm by grayx »
Class players,runs his bollox off for the team, committed & hates losing. Despite his past, I wish we had more with his committment.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 18, 2012, 10:18:54 pm by Mr1Croft »
Jesus wept, I ask a question and get labelled as anti-Diouf.

Honestly I like the guy, I like his football, I clapped him today and sang his name and I will do next week and if he can prove me that what happened in the past remains there I will be happy and when he started his career here I was convinced, but after Blackpool and today, regardless of what actually happened we should be allowed to ask questions.

As I say, had I allegedly been in a fight outside the ground with a Leeds fan I would be branded a Criminal by most on here, would you defend me there because I am a Rovers fan?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on February 18, 2012, 10:24:22 pm by dickos1 »
If someone came upto you and started insulting you then of course I would.  
You are allowed to ask, but as a rovers fan you shouldn't.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on February 18, 2012, 10:30:00 pm by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=220885
If someone came upto you and started insulting you then of course I would.  
You are allowed to ask, but as a rovers fan you shouldn't.

:blink:

If we couldn't question anything DRFC both me and you wouldn't be much use to this forum...

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on February 18, 2012, 10:37:10 pm by dickos1 »
I never said you couldn't but I don't think you should, as I've said we've had many dubious characters in our history and we've got behind them loved them in fact, Hume, Hulme, brabin, Ryan, Sutherland,  all have done things they shouldn't, but they were ours and we protected them loved them.
But now we say he shouldn't be doing that, he will harm our rep.
Who cares he's our player and I'd back him every day of the week over some horrible little Leeds player.
You don't for one minute think there's any Leeds fans on waccoe saying \"well maybe it was McCormacks fault\"  no chance whatsoever.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on February 18, 2012, 10:53:27 pm by mjdgreg »
Diouf is no doubt a class player and we should be very grateful that he has decided to help us out. Ok so he has been a naughty boy in the past but what we have to bear in mind is his very tough upbringing. To have nothing and then to have everything takes a lot of adjustment. He's only done well in life because he is a born fighter.

So let's not just focus on his negative past but give the guy lots of credit for playing for us for a lot less than he could get elsewhere. That's a rare quality in football these days. If we do stay up he will take a lot of credit for it. The last thing we need is for him to read negative posts. If he goes we will definitely go down. While he's here we still have a chance.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on February 18, 2012, 10:55:11 pm by dickos1 »
Mick, honestly are you pissed? Your posts are making sense.

bigal

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on February 18, 2012, 11:42:51 pm by bigal »
Treat people as you find them since been at rovers great player great guy
stop trying to find the bad look at the good

JamieM

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on February 19, 2012, 12:25:20 am by JamieM »
Chimbonda and Diouf were winding up their no.48 all game and from what i could see were mostly at fault for the tunnel bust-up. Every game these two are getting into trouble.

Sure diouf is a good player for us, he's done very well but hes an effin t**t and in a way its a shame to see our team unable to carry out a game without a fight.

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on February 19, 2012, 12:28:04 am by DonnyRTID »
Quote from: \"Mr1Croft\" post=220837
I was very happy with Douif's contribution today and he did clap the fans in the second half which was nice to see and he does play with passion.

However, if this is true then I will feel that he has betrayed our trust. He has impressed me since he came here and he is a typical 'what you see is what you get' player. But I don't care how many goals he has scored or contributed towards, just because he is the local celebrity doesn't give him the right to stroll around doing what he wants.

Let's just imagine I was walking out of the ground, feeling let down by today's defeat and a Leeds fan said some snide comment, if I reacted in any way other than walking away with my head down I would be branded a criminal hooligan with intent on causing trouble. It wouldn't matter that I didn't 'start' it, you all would tell me that I shouldn't rise to it and what happens on the pitch should stay on the pitch; so why isn't the same rule applied in this context?

At the moment we are only going on rumors and I don't for a minute think he has spat at anyone, that is just the norm nowadays for opposition fans to accuse him of spitting because of his past. No matter how good his football is, you can't deny that he is a little temperamental at the best of times and he does have a slight anger issue to let too many things get to him, this is the second time in a week when he is being accused of a tunnel bust up.

When he puts on a red and white hooped shirt he is representing DRFC, and regardless whether he is guilty of what is being accused he shouldn't be in those situations in the first place, he shouldn't take the bait and rise to it because he is branding our team a bad reputation that we don't want. And because of this, it is us the fans that have to defend and support our club. I now feel that it has gone far enough and although Diouf probably hasn't done anything he is being accused of I feel that he shouldn't allow himself to be in a position to be accused.

I honestly feel like it is time to say to him calm down if you want to keep donning our hoops...

Hmmm, people in glass houses!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on February 19, 2012, 12:29:11 am by dickos1 »
Players wind up each other all the time. Can't remember chimbonda ever being involved in trouble which emphasises my point. Our fans don't support our players like they used to.
Calling one of our own players a t**t is nothing short of a disgrace.

donnygreenjeans

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on February 19, 2012, 01:08:12 am by donnygreenjeans »
Quote from: \"The Beast\" post=220772
Is Diouf are new scapegoat??

Whatever you think about the guys past, his character whatever you cannot possibly argue that he is not a good footballer, he is the best player we have by a mile, probably the best we have had in the 25 years I've been going. Do people actually watch the game when they go or do they just stand and goad the fat bloke in the away end?

Probably the best player in 25 years? Are you having a laugh?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on February 19, 2012, 01:13:17 am by dickos1 »
I'm not saying he is, but name me some better in last 25 years. Cause I can't think of many

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on February 19, 2012, 01:28:20 am by Mr1Croft »
I think he is right up there, his past record speaks for itself and it rivals any championship striker.

But there is a difference between the \"Best player\" in terms of their credentials and \"Best player\" in terms of what they achieve for the club. My personal opinion is that Michael McIndoe was the best player I have seen (in terms of what he did, and not his credentials).

Diouf is a quality player, there is no doubt about it, I have never rated him as a striker and more of an advanced winger in a playmaker role so I don't expect him to score many, and today he proved it making both goals...

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on February 19, 2012, 08:55:02 am by Jonathan »
I'm looking at Diouf's record in our team since we signed him:

With Diouf in the team. Played 11, points 6 (0.55 points per game)

Without Diouf in the team. Played 5, points 9 (1.8 points per game)

He's not exactly carrying the team, is he?

Like you say. Overrated by who?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on February 19, 2012, 09:36:02 am by dickos1 »
Certainly not carrying the team no. But look at the goals he's either created or scored, in those 11 games I'd hazard a guess he's been involved in 75% of them.
The points with or without certain players has been done before with sharp, stock, oster, beye. And all at one time or another have showed we have more points without them.  
But it doesn't mean we dont need them or they're not important for us.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on February 19, 2012, 10:15:28 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"donnygreenjeans\" post=220916

Whatever you think about the guys past, his character whatever you cannot possibly argue that he is not a good footballer, he is the best player we have by a mile, probably the best we have had in the 25 years I've been going. Do people actually watch the game when they go or do they just stand and goad the fat bloke in the away end?

You real, clearly the best player we have EVER had!

Twice african footballer of the year and PELE all time greats!

His performance v Blackpool was breathtaking so take of the \"bad reputation\" glasses off and be OBJECTIVE!

teeceerrr

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on February 19, 2012, 10:36:47 am by teeceerrr »
I just wish the whole team put in the same effort and showed the same desire as he's displayed in every game I've seen him play for the Rovers.

He busts a gut for us when others don't so in my book he's welcome warts an all.

donnygreenjeans

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on February 19, 2012, 07:18:19 pm by donnygreenjeans »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=220917
I'm not saying he is, but name me some better in last 25 years. Cause I can't think of many

Just a few too throw at you.....

Mike Jeffrey.
Kieron Brady.
Paul Barnes.
Richie Wellens.
Steve Nicol.
Paul Green.
Colin Cramb.
Jamie Paterson.
Paul Birch R.I.P.
Darren Moore.
Chris Swailes.
Michael Mcindoe.

If you want any more let me know.

donnygreenjeans

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on February 19, 2012, 07:22:28 pm by donnygreenjeans »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=220933
Quote from: \"donnygreenjeans\" post=220916

Whatever you think about the guys past, his character whatever you cannot possibly argue that he is not a good footballer, he is the best player we have by a mile, probably the best we have had in th:laugh: e 25 years I've been going. Do people actually watch the game when they go or do they just stand and goad the fat bloke in the away end?

You real, clearly the best player we have EVER had!

Twice african footballer of the year and PELE all time greats!

His performance v Blackpool was breathtaking so take of the \"bad reputation\" glasses off and be OBJECTIVE!

So one apparent 'breathtaking' performace against Blackpool makes him the best player we've ever had, :laugh:

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on February 19, 2012, 07:24:13 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Mark Mccammon

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on February 19, 2012, 07:26:29 pm by dickos1 »
Ha ha you have a good sense of humour I'll give you that. Only 2 or 3 of them would even get in our side now.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on February 19, 2012, 07:36:07 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Quote from: \"Jonathan\" post=220925

Jonathan

Poor use of statistics. That is way too small a sample to draw any meaningful conclusions from. If, after 12-18 months, we regularly win more than we lose with a given player in the side, then you can start to draw conclusions based on stats alone. From a sample of 16 games, you can't draw any conclusion. Unless you have an agenda to peddle.

When you only have small samples, you must ignore stats and base your opinions on more subjective analyses. My two pennorth is that if certain established senior pros had put in half the effort that Diouf did on Tuesday, we'd have beaten Blackpool. One senior pro in particular was a f**king disgrace to the profession that night and good do a lot worse than to look at Diouf's attitude for inspiration.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on February 19, 2012, 07:44:40 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Jonathan

Poor use of statistics. That is way too small a sample to draw any meaningful conclusions from. If, after 12-18 months, we regularly win more than we lose with a given player in the side, then you can start to draw conclusions based on stats alone. From a sample of 16 games, you can't draw any conclusion. Unless you have an agenda to peddle.

When you only have small samples, you must ignore stats and base your opinions on more subjective analyses. My two pennorth is that if certain established senior pros had put in half the effort that Diouf did on Tuesday, we'd have beaten Blackpool. One senior pro in particular was a f**king disgrace to the profession that night and good do a lot worse than to look at Diouf's attitude for inspiration.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on February 19, 2012, 07:50:53 pm by The Red Baron »
Quote from: \"BillyStubbsTears\" post=221062

Jonathan

When you only have small samples, you must ignore stats and base your opinions on more subjective analyses. My two pennorth is that if certain established senior pros had put in half the effort that Diouf did on Tuesday, we'd have beaten Blackpool. One senior pro in particular was a fcuking disgrace to the profession that night and good do a lot worse than to look at Diouf's attitude for inspiration.

I think I know which player you're talking about. Dean Saunders can't be as hard-hearted as me because I would have hauled that particular individual off and told him he wouldn't play for the club again.

The only thing that annoys me about Diouf is that he gets involved in things he shouldn't. I can't fault him in terms of effort or ability.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on February 19, 2012, 07:51:20 pm by The Red Baron »
Quote from: \"BillyStubbsTears\" post=221062

Jonathan

When you only have small samples, you must ignore stats and base your opinions on more subjective analyses. My two pennorth is that if certain established senior pros had put in half the effort that Diouf did on Tuesday, we'd have beaten Blackpool. One senior pro in particular was a fcuking disgrace to the profession that night and good do a lot worse than to look at Diouf's attitude for inspiration.

Sorry about the multiple posts- caused because the forum keeps hanging!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012