Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 08:02:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Diouf  (Read 14618 times)

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Diouf
« Reply #60 on February 19, 2012, 07:51:22 pm by Wild Rover »
Quote from: \"donnygreenjeans\" post=221055
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=220917
I'm not saying he is, but name me some better in last 25 years. Cause I can't think of many

Just a few too throw at you.....

Mike Jeffrey.
Kieron Brady.
Paul Barnes.
Richie Wellens.
Steve Nicol.
Paul Green.
Colin Cramb.
Jamie Paterson.
Paul Birch R.I.P.
Darren Moore.
Chris Swailes.
Michael Mcindoe.

If you want any more let me know.

You do of course jest. In my lifetime only 6 DRFC players come anywhere near EHD ability.
and you will be too young to remember them.
Alick Jeffrey, Laurie Sheffield and Tony Colman.

Coming more up to date another 3.
Ian Snodin, Glynn Snodin and Rufus Brevitt .

None of the ones you mention even come close.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

JamieM

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on February 19, 2012, 07:55:06 pm by JamieM »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=220912
Players wind up each other all the time. Can't remember chimbonda ever being involved in trouble which emphasises my point. Our fans don't support our players like they used to.
Calling one of our own players a t**t is nothing short of a disgrace.

Dont be so ridiculous. Are you honestly teliing me that you think Diouf isnt a t**t? Sure, he's probably our best player at the minute but that doesnt make him any less of a t**t.

As good as he is, from what I have seen anyway, he is always more interested in causing an argument than getting on with the game - Chimbonda even more so and i find it embarrasing and frustrating to watch.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on February 19, 2012, 08:01:13 pm by dickos1 »
There are probably lots of t**ts playing professional football, but their fans get behind them. Rooney, tevez,  aguero.

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on February 19, 2012, 08:08:02 pm by DonnyRTID »

donnygreenjeans

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on February 19, 2012, 08:13:55 pm by donnygreenjeans »
Quote from: \"Wild Rover\" post=221067
I'm not saying he is, but name me some better in last 25 years. Cause I can't think of many

Mike Jeffrey.
Kieron Brady.
Paul Barnes.
Richie Wellens.
Steve Nicol.
Paul Green.
Colin Cramb.
Jamie Paterson.
Paul Birch R.I.P.
Darren Moore.
Chris Swailes.
Michael Mcindoe.

You do of course jest. In my lifetime only 6 DRFC players come anywhere near EHD ability.

I'm not jesting, i'm just commenting on one player as if i comment on the rest i'll be on here for a lot longer then i care to wish for..... Kieron Brady when he came here on loan was fantastic, 4 appearences and 3 goals says it all, his performance at Scunthorpe will live long in the memory.

donnygreenjeans

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on February 19, 2012, 08:18:36 pm by donnygreenjeans »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=221070
There are probably lots of t**ts playing professional football, but their fans get behind them. Rooney, tevez,  aguero.

Why is Aguero a t**t? Tevez i can understand to a certain point of view but a very large majority of the city fans aren't behind him.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on February 19, 2012, 08:18:45 pm by dickos1 »
Quote from: \"donnygreenjeans\" post=221076

Mike Jeffrey.
Kieron Brady.
Paul Barnes.
Richie Wellens.
Steve Nicol.
Paul Green.
Colin Cramb.
Jamie Paterson.
Paul Birch R.I.P.
Darren Moore.
Chris Swailes.
Michael Mcindoe.

I'm not jesting, i'm just commenting on one player as if i comment on the rest i'll be on here for a lot longer then i care to wish for..... Kieron Brady when he came here on loan was fantastic, 4 appearences and 3 goals says it all, his performance at Scunthorpe will live long in the memory.

Not doubting they're all good players but you are saying better than diouf.. No chance

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on February 19, 2012, 08:21:36 pm by dickos1 »
Quote from: \"donnygreenjeans\" post=221077
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=221070

Why is Aguero a t**t? Tevez i can understand to a certain point of view but a very large majority of the city fans aren't behind him.

Apologies I meant Suarez.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on February 19, 2012, 08:58:09 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Opposition players are continually niggling at Diouffy on the pitch,  watch closely

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on February 19, 2012, 09:05:59 pm by Jonathan »
Quote from: \"BillyStubbsTears\" post=221062
Quote from: \"Jonathan\" post=220925
I'm looking at Diouf's record in our team since we signed him:

With Diouf in the team. Played 11, points 6 (0.55 points per game)

Without Diouf in the team. Played 5, points 9 (1.8 points per game)

He's not exactly carrying the team, is he?

Like you say. Overrated by who?

Jonathan

Poor use of statistics. That is way too small a sample to draw any meaningful conclusions from. If, after 12-18 months, we regularly win more than we lose with a given player in the side, then you can start to draw conclusions based on stats alone. From a sample of 16 games, you can't draw any conclusion. Unless you have an agenda to peddle.

Three more games to go before the sample becomes credible then eh? I'm basing that on the fact that 19 games have often been used on here to wipe out five years of achievement.

As it happens I'm no more a fan of using such statistics as I am of reading or contributing to this forum any more, but just thought it was worth throwing out there seeing as his value to the team was being debated.

donnygreenjeans

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on February 19, 2012, 09:18:08 pm by donnygreenjeans »
Quote from: \"Dagenham.Rover\" post=221090
Opposition players are continually niggling at Diouffy on the pitch,  watch closely

If a player has got a reputation for being wound up then he is going to be, i suspect that every manager that has come up against Diouf this season he has told his players to wind him up.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on February 19, 2012, 09:21:40 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Dagenham

Blackpool's keeper should have been booked at the very least at half time on Tuesday. After the whistle, he ran 60 yards to jump into Diouf's face. It is very much to Diouf's credit that he didn't stuck one in the t**t, which was very clearly the reaction that he was looking for.

Now, I'm far from saying that Diouf is an angel. But he clearly has to contend with niggling bas**rds doing their very best to get a reaction out of him every week.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on February 19, 2012, 09:37:51 pm by Wild Rover »
Quote from: \"donnygreenjeans\" post=221076

Mike Jeffrey.
Kieron Brady.
Paul Barnes.
Richie Wellens.
Steve Nicol.
Paul Green.
Colin Cramb.
Jamie Paterson.
Paul Birch R.I.P.
Darren Moore.
Chris Swailes.
Michael Mcindoe.

Look, only one of the players you noted made a big splash in the premiership, a few played for respective countries, FFS EHD TWICE AFRICAN PLAYER OF THE YEAR, and in WC team selected by PELE.
Most of the ones mentioned were at best Journey men footballers.
Kieron Brady was a flash in the pan, same as Jamie Lawrence.
EHD is far far superior in talent.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on February 19, 2012, 09:40:11 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Quote from: \"BillyStubbsTears\" post=221098
Dagenham

Blackpool's keeper should have been booked at the very least at half time on Tuesday. After the whistle, he ran 60 yards to jump into Diouf's face. It is very much to Diouf's credit that he didn't stuck one in the t**t, which was very clearly the reaction that he was looking for.

Now, I'm far from saying that Diouf is an angel.
 But he clearly has to contend with niggling bas**rds doing
their very best to get a reaction out of him every week.

Unfortunetly I couldn't see that cos some git called Oster had managed to smash my glasses with a wayward warm up shot :cry:

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on February 19, 2012, 09:41:16 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Dagenham

But he clearly has to contend with niggling bas**rds doing their very best to get a reaction out of him every week.

Unfortunetley I didn't manage to see that as some git called Oster managed to smash my glasses with a wayward warm up shot :woohoo:

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on February 19, 2012, 09:44:38 pm by Dagenham Rover »
double post perhaps the new glasses are buggered as well :cry:

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on February 19, 2012, 09:49:32 pm by vaya »
Quote from: \"Dagenham.Rover\" post=221108
Dagenham

But he clearly has to contend with niggling bas**rds doing their very best to get a reaction out of him every week.

Unfortunetley I didn't manage to see that as some git called Oster managed to smash my glasses with a wayward warm up shot :woohoo:

I don't suppose (entirely for the good of the team) you're prepared to stand directly behind the goal during matches for the rest of the season are you?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on February 19, 2012, 10:54:57 pm by the vicar »
Peter Kitchen, Ian Miller, Brian Usher,Tony Woodcock.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on February 19, 2012, 11:04:01 pm by dickos1 »
Quote from: \"the vicar\" post=221121
Peter Kitchen, Ian Miller, Brian Usher,Tony Woodcock.

None of those were in the last 25 years

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on February 19, 2012, 11:21:45 pm by BRMC_rover »
Quote from: \"Red wizard\" post=220861
I think we could well see him even if we go down. I honestly feel that he feels loved by the fans here and bar 1 or 2 he is. Class player. Did you see him when they scored the 1st goal? He was trying to encorage the players and telling them to keep there heads. Would hate to think what it would be like now had he gone and Billy.

Saw that and was extremely impressed. Look what used to happen when we conceded a goal. We were beaten. Now we at lease push on.

Im still gutted and numb though from yesterday. Cant believe what I saw. I think we'l stay up due to Pompey's predicament and if we do we need to build the team round Diouf. Bagayoko was ok today, I was pretty glad when I saw Bamogo take a knock, he was frustrating me with his half arsed shuffling towards the ball every time he 'chased down' a ball.

El-Hadj was class anyway. He gets it worse than Steve Keen every week but still performs for us and he's shown he wants to be the responsible figure on the field. Everything he does though is greeted by jeers from opposition fans and players. Must be difficult to keep your head.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on February 20, 2012, 12:22:27 am by mjdgreg »
Diouf is the best player ever to pull on a Rovers shirt period. We are extremely lucky to have him so get off his back and give him our full support.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on February 20, 2012, 02:30:20 am by VivaRovers »
Quote from: \"Wild Rover\" post=221106
FFS EHD TWICE AFRICAN PLAYER OF THE YEAR, and in WC team selected by PELE.

I wouldn't take Pele's word for anything. Great player, terrible knowledge. Here's a few other predictions/judgements from the man;

- An African nation will win the World Cup before 2000
(twelve years on, still nowt)

- Colombia will win World Cup '94
(finished bottom of their group)

- Nii Lampetey, best player in the World
(was warming the bench at Coventry City within two years)

- France and Argentina will contest the 2002 World Cup Final
(both out in Round 1)

- Nicky Butt the \"best player in the England squad\"
(yeah... Nicky Butt)

- That he'd be able to endorse products preventing erectile disfunction and simultaneously maintain that he himself didn't suffer from this issue, without ever doubting him.
(the floppy fool)

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on February 20, 2012, 02:37:26 am by VivaRovers »
That said, listing Diouf's past achievements and accolades doesn't really carry any weight in the opinions about him being the best player to play for the club in 25 years.

I mean Neville Southall was widely regarded as the best goalkeeper in the world in the mid-80s so on that basis he'd be the best player to play for Rovers in 25 years.

Even with Southall as my boyhood footballing hero I concede that this wasn't the case.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on February 20, 2012, 04:57:53 am by RoversAlias »
Quote from: \"VivaRovers\" post=221138
Quote from: \"Wild Rover\" post=221106
FFS EHD TWICE AFRICAN PLAYER OF THE YEAR, and in WC team selected by PELE.

I wouldn't take Pele's word for anything. Great player, terrible knowledge. Here's a few other predictions/judgements from the man;

- An African nation will win the World Cup before 2000
(twelve years on, still nowt)

- Colombia will win World Cup '94
(finished bottom of their group)

- Nii Lampetey, best player in the World
(was warming the bench at Coventry City within two years)

- France and Argentina will contest the 2002 World Cup Final
(both out in Round 1)

- Nicky Butt the \"best player in the England squad\"
(yeah... Nicky Butt)

- That he'd be able to endorse products preventing erectile disfunction and simultaneously maintain that he himself didn't suffer from this issue, without ever doubting him.
(the floppy fool)

:lol:

I love it Glen.

The Nicky Butt one in particular is a corker.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on February 20, 2012, 07:32:56 am by dickos1 »
Quote from: \"VivaRovers\" post=221139
That said, listing Diouf's past achievements and accolades doesn't really carry any weight in the opinions about him being the best player to play for the club in 25 years.

I mean Neville Southall was widely regarded as the best goalkeeper in the world in the mid-80s so on that basis he'd be the best player to play for Rovers in 25 years.

Even with Southall as my boyhood footballing hero I concede that this wasn't the case.

That is correct, but disregarding how good he was in the past, going on the current he is still one of the best players over the last 25 years surely. Just look at where we've Been over that period and the calibre of player we've had. He is comfortably better than all those players mentioned earlier during their spell with the red and white hoops on their back.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on February 20, 2012, 08:23:45 am by Wild Rover »

With regards to the Pele thing i  concede he made goofs and gaffes and possibly erred away from fact.

IF NS had been at DRFC in his prime then he probably would be one of best players ever to play for DRFC. EHD is just about still in his prime, and certainly can be regarded as best ever.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on February 20, 2012, 08:53:02 am by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"Wild Rover\" post=221148

With regards to the Pele thing i  concede he made goofs and gaffes and possibly erred away from fact.

IF NS had been at DRFC in his prime then he probably would be one of best players ever to play for DRFC. EHD is just about still in his prime, and certainly can be regarded as best ever.

Better than Alick Jeffrey? Maybe someone who was lucky enough to see him play can decide that one.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on February 20, 2012, 09:43:44 am by dickos1 »
I must of missed king alick representing us over last 25 years

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on February 20, 2012, 10:01:42 am by inSODwetrust »
All I'm saying on the matter is I hate Diouf for what he did in the past!!

On the subject of what the thread was started for 'a tunnel bust-up', you're either team Diouf or team Colin!!

Team Diouf all the way as a Rovers fan!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on February 20, 2012, 10:39:53 am by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=221160
I must of missed king alick representing us over last 25 years

Someone else who can't read. The post I quoted in my reply says best Rovers player ever.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012