Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:24:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: £77-50 for a ticket!  (Read 1718 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
£77-50 for a ticket!
« on February 29, 2012, 11:54:07 am by Filo »
That`s the price Athletico Bilbao are charging for their Europa League tie against Man Utd

The Football world has gone completely mad!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17195374

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: £77-50 for a ticket!
« Reply #1 on February 29, 2012, 12:54:49 pm by Donnywolf »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=223126
That`s the price Athletico Bilbao are charging for their Europa League tie against Man Utd

Yes that is staggering but (and theres more of your story here) I did not realise that so few Spanish fans follow their team away. Even Barcelona v Real and vice versa. Barcelona v Espanyol (same City)

All reported here -

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/andy-mitten/athletic-ripping-off-united-fans-154052129.html

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 29, 2012, 02:28:32 pm by Mr1Croft »
The cheapest ticket to watch Chelsea against Stoke at the Bridge is £50...

redrover10

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 29, 2012, 03:02:56 pm by redrover10 »
Good job where rovers fans so it doesnt matter to us

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 29, 2012, 04:15:47 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"redrover10\" post=223167

of course it matters, extortionate prices creep down the football pyramid in proportion, same as obscene wages, it`s the money coming into football that that is disproportionally distributed in favour of the clubs higher up the pyramid that encourages this greed

Dimples-D

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 29, 2012, 04:52:28 pm by Dimples-D »
Quote from: \"DONNYWOLF\" post=223139

Yes that is staggering but (and theres more of your story here) I did not realise that so few Spanish fans follow their team away. Even Barcelona v Real and vice versa. Barcelona v Espanyol (same City)

All reported here -

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/andy-mitten/athletic-ripping-off-united-fans-154052129.html

It's because the distances in Spain to travel to away games are much more than in England. You can get to most away games here in a few hours. Not in Spain.
I have toured Spain with a band and it was a pain in the ass to travel the big distances from gig to gig.
But... Bilbao do have a strong away support from my experience. I went to see them play Aston Villa in the UEFA cup about 15 years ago and they filled the away end (which was the whole seating area behind the goal back then). We went in the Bilbao end and they had to open an extra section in the corner cos there were so many fans from there.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 29, 2012, 07:53:07 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=223185
Quote from: \"redrover10\" post=223167

of course it matters, extortionate prices creep down the football pyramid in proportion, same as obscene wages, it`s the money coming into football that that is disproportionally distributed in favour of the clubs higher up the pyramid that encourages this greed

I'm with you on this one, irrespective of which clubs are involved these are extortionate prices that most can ill afford. I understand your point on the 'trickle down' effect too, it allows the gap between the top clubs in Europe to widen even further. More cash to splash = higher transfer fees and higher wage demands from players. It is a European football economy and we are very much part of it.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 01, 2012, 07:18:54 am by Donnywolf »
Quote from: \"Dimples-D\" post=223195
Quote from: \"DONNYWOLF\" post=223139

It's because the distances in Spain to travel to away games are much more than in England. You can get to most away games here in a few hours. Not in Spain.
I have toured Spain with a band and it was a pain in the ass to travel the big distances from gig to gig.
But... Bilbao do have a strong away support from my experience. I went to see them play Aston Villa in the UEFA cup about 15 years ago and they filled the away end (which was the whole seating area behind the goal back then). We went in the Bilbao end and they had to open an extra section in the corner cos there were so many fans from there.

I take your point - in fact it is acknowledged in the article I linked to

However it does not explain why Real Madrid took 300 fans or for an away game against Rayo which is equivalent to Arsenal taking 300 to QPR AND 30 fans to Getafe which is just 12 Miles from the middle of Madrid

If you read the article it shows the phenonenon does not depend on huge distance to subdue away crowds

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 01, 2012, 05:03:55 pm by graingrover »
You would not believe the denial of the economic crisis  in some countries . My neighbour( French) is 35 years old and works for the European Commission . She has been sent to Japan by her boss ( Environmental Control) for two years . She put her penthouse on the market for rent at £ 2,000 ( euros 2,400) per month. The tenant is an Irish guy who also  works for the EU and earns 10,000 Euros per month and the EU pay his accomodataion .We are all paying for such inflated sslaries - aid to E U civil servants.
If only a responsible European newspaper would get hold of these scandalous salaries ... we would all get closer to value economics .
 Unfortunately footballers would be next in line of atttack as Europe's rip-off merchants.

I live in Brussels ... where all the EU money goes down our drains in front of our very eyes.
 You live in UK where football rips you off.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012