Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:53:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Diouf  (Read 8249 times)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Diouf
« on March 04, 2012, 10:55:44 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Wonderful moment when he shouted to the rest of the players to get into a huddle!

He without a doubt is the one that should be captain and Stock is not animated enough!

Wish all the players could play with his passion and talent!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Diouf
« Reply #1 on March 04, 2012, 10:59:23 am by mushRTID »
Thought he was rubbish yesterday and his diving irritated me and those around me.

Need more goals from a player of his quality.

redrover19

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 04, 2012, 10:59:58 am by redrover19 »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=224040
Wonderful moment when he shouted to the rest of the players to get into a huddle!

He without a doubt is the one that should be captain and Stock is not animated enough!

Wish all the players could play with his passion and talent!

:saywhat: he really plays with passion and tallent when he is moaning at people, diving, complaining to the ref every 20 seconds and being to lazy to go in for headers. Yeah exactly how you want your captain to be :headbang: :headbang:

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 04, 2012, 11:00:14 am by Norfolk N Chance »
He was the MOTM for me!

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 04, 2012, 11:01:55 am by mushRTID »
Really?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 04, 2012, 11:04:41 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Everything about his game is great....sorry talking diving ??? Brighton have a 11 men that were much better!

Even when he took the Pen his attitude was first class going straight to get the ball out to try and win the game!

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 04, 2012, 11:07:51 am by jonnydog »
His diving is annoying granted. But compared to Brighton it was nothing.

He definately has the right mindset and passion to get the rest of the players going. And all those people who said he shouldn't of come to Rovers initially, couldn't be more wrong and proof of judging a book by it's cover

redrover19

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 04, 2012, 11:09:02 am by redrover19 »
I honestly dont think we were watching the same player, his attitude is awful unless there is something in it for him. In my opinion he thinks he is above the club and if this is the case then I dont want him. End of

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 04, 2012, 11:13:46 am by CJK »
Your are entitled to your opinion Norfolk but I disagree entirely. That man will never be captain material. He swaggers about the pitch, gets on at team mates if they don't pass to him, runs after the ref as the opposition have dared to enter his personal space and tackle him and propels himself through the air like Tom Daly when he really doesn't need to. All that said, I like the actual football side of his game, he is a very gifted player.

As for Stock not being Captain material....well you must be having a laugh. He is Rovers own Captain Marvel.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 04, 2012, 11:14:11 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"redrover19\" post=224053
I honestly dont think we were watching the same player, his attitude is awful unless there is something in it for him. In my opinion he thinks he is above the club and if this is the case then I dont want him. End of

Perhaps the most unfair comment in the history of the forum!

If we had 11 players that showed the fight he does we would not be in this mess....compared to someone like Hayter who was a disgrace yesterday!

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 04, 2012, 11:15:57 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"CJK\" post=224055
Your are entitled to your opinion Norfolk but I disagree entirely. That man will never be captain material. He swaggers about the pitch, gets on at team mates if they don't pass to him, runs after the ref as the opposition have dared to enter his personal space and tackle him and propels himself through the air like Tom Daly when he really doesn't need to. All that said, I like the actual football side of his game, he is a very gifted player.

As for Stock not being Captain material....well you must be having a laugh. He is Rovers own Captain Marvel.

Stock is a great player but far too quiet .....

redrover19

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 04, 2012, 11:17:41 am by redrover19 »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=224056

If we had 11 players that showed the fight he does we would not be in this mess....compared to someone like Hayter who was a disgrace yesterday!

the disgrace was Doiuf, he was a disgrace to football with the ammount of diving he was doing

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 04, 2012, 11:18:14 am by CusworthRovers »
I've had a long standing problem with exactly what you're saying Norfolk, and that's the huddle.

Stocky is the captain. He's always done the talk. EHD has done this a few times now and initially I noted Stocky looking at him gone out. What the hell kind of message is this sending out to the team.

Forget running to retrieve the ball from the pen. Standard practice when you're chasing points. Focus on these things too:

Keeping the ball to himself to much and slowing play down
Running round the pitch to take every dead ball (surprised Barnes got a go)
Falling down too easily instead of concentrating on using the ball positively
Giving up when losing the ball
Gesturing to ref all the time that it's their fault
Gesturing to his own team-mates that it's their fault

Now don't get me wrong he has talent in this league and he's done some magic for us, but it seems to be at a price too. In fairness I can reluctantly take these antics if he's just another player in the team. What I'm frustrated at is him touting himself to be the leader of men and of his team in a battle situation. That behaviour is not becoming of a leader, infact I would suggest it's more harmful than good.

redrover19

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 04, 2012, 11:23:18 am by redrover19 »
Quote from: \"CusworthRovers\" post=224061
I've had a long standing problem with exactly what you're saying Norfolk, and that's the huddle.

Stocky is the captain. He's always done the talk. EHD has done this a few times now and initially I noted Stocky looking at him gone out. What the hell kind of message is this sending out to the team.

Forget running to retrieve the ball from the pen. Standard practice when you're chasing points. Focus on these things too:

Now don't get me wrong he has talent in this league and he's done some magic for us, but it seems to be at a price too. In fairness I can reluctantly take these antics if he's just another player in the team. What I'm frustrated at is him touting himself to be the leader of men and of his team in a battle situation. That behaviour is not becoming of a leader, infact I would suggest it's more harmful than good.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Agree with every word of this

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 04, 2012, 11:53:04 am by Rios »

Amen to that!  He had a proper spat with Bagayoko halfway through the second half... that's not Captain material by any stretch!

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 04, 2012, 11:54:52 am by Donnybax »
Diouf was shit yesterday and shouldn't captain any team let alone my team with this attitude. Stock plays with great passion for us and does the talking ect. Yesterday diouf was everything i hate in a player. Greedy, diving, arguing with the ref every 12 seconds. With him playing for rovers it's barely a team he has to take every set piece and will always look for an opportunity to shoot before doing anything else.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 04, 2012, 12:05:59 pm by Dare to dream! »
why is everyone  moaning  that  diouf is  taking  set pieces? his delivery is excellent, better  than anyone else  in  the  team, he made barnes goal last week. dont think he sould be the captain as he doesnt set an example of work ethic and he doesnt pick the players if you look at stock during  the  game he is always trying to motivate the team

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 04, 2012, 12:06:11 pm by mushRTID »
Not really buying the 'having a go at teammates' one.

Billy used to do that regular and if people mentioned it on here were swiftly told its because he is a winner.

The diving and ref moaning is not on though.

Stantheredandwhiteman

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 04, 2012, 12:08:55 pm by Stantheredandwhiteman »
5 goals in 13 league games with quite a few assists too, I'm not moaning! He wants to win and has the passion. Okay he's no saint and some of his moaning we could do without, but I'd rather have a good player than a nice player.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 04, 2012, 12:41:14 pm by Colin C No.3 »

Agree totally. Every missed place pass he made, or cross he over hit, was followed by an arms aloft signal as if to say, \"Where were you, all your fault for not getting on the end of that\".

To far up his own arse at times, in fact most of the time yesterday. And as for taking the penalty, I suspect it's more to do with adding another goal to his stats rather than stepping up 'to the plate' on behalf of his team mates.

Having said all that, when he has his 'right head' on, he's quality.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 04, 2012, 01:15:25 pm by Mr1Croft »
This is before the FA deliver their verdict on Diouf vs Bruce in the Elland Road tunnel.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on March 04, 2012, 01:17:29 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Quote from: \"mushRTID\" post=224075
Not really buying the 'having a go at teammates' one.

Billy used to do that regular and if people mentioned it on here were swiftly told its because he is a winner.

The diving and ref moaning is not on though.

Ah but billy wasn't a Saunders signing. we need eleven leaders on that pitch. At the end of the game bagayoko and Martis had a big discussion quite fiery but it was about where the ball was played. Good to see as it's something that might lead to an improvement. Diouf wasn't at his best yesterday but put some great crosses in. More critical of others not getting on the end of them.

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 04, 2012, 02:16:09 pm by BRMC_rover »

We need as many people as possible that act like this. Especially in the League position we are in. We cant just rely on one man to get the players motivated. Im sure Dean Saunders loves seeing any player give the rest of the team a boost. Its great to see.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on March 04, 2012, 03:08:49 pm by dickos1 »
Quote from: \"mushRTID\" post=224042
Thought he was rubbish yesterday and his diving irritated me and those around me.

Need more goals from a player of his quality.

Minutes on pitch to goals scored his record beats sharp, and the number of assists he has is the best in the league percentage wise.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 04, 2012, 03:39:46 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
If we are talking home truths lets separate the facts from the fiction.
Facts
World Class player
Decent / nice fella (several insiders say the same)
Winning attitude
Great set piece taker
Lucky to have him

The negatives are all media perception and interpretation of body language and too be honest indicative of exactly the type of fans that JR is talking about, negative moaning whinging ungrateful individuals that see the negatives of every situation!

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 04, 2012, 04:30:52 pm by timdrfc »
Quote from: \"redrover19\" post=224060

the disgrace was Doiuf, he was a disgrace to football with the ammount of diving he was doing

Are you for real, surely a Rovers fan should be moaning about the disgraceful diving kicking synical play that Brighten displayed all game not winge about the Rovers!

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 04, 2012, 04:49:50 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"timdrfc\" post=224131

Are you for real, surely a Rovers fan should be moaning about the disgraceful diving kicking synical play that Brighten displayed all game not winge about the Rovers!

As JR says stand up for the club !! Agreed this fan is clearly the type of \"fan\" that we dont want!

donnydunph

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 04, 2012, 04:56:29 pm by donnydunph »
The only posotive of being relegated is that Diouf will leave :)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on March 04, 2012, 05:27:47 pm by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=224137
Quote from: \"timdrfc\" post=224131

As JR says stand up for the club !! Agreed this fan is clearly the type of \"fan\" that we dont want!

Norfolk, you called Hayter a disgrace :huh: Where is your logic to assume timdrfc was talking solely about redrover19 and not the pair of you?

As for what fans we want? Are you saying that your view of Diouf being excellent and Hayter a disgrace is superior over what redrover19 says?

The fact is DRFC need as many as possible coming through the gates to help cheer the team home, you are in no position to say who can or can't be a fan, or do you fancy yourself as the next Ken Bates?

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on March 04, 2012, 05:29:40 pm by Donnybax »
mr1croft.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012