Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:20:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Diouf  (Read 8251 times)

pubteam

Re: Diouf
« Reply #60 on March 05, 2012, 05:25:53 pm by pubteam »
Quote from: \"inSODwetrust\" post=224335
If Diouf is so good, then why are we bottom of the league, with no win since 1/1/2012, with no improvement in performances?

Billy Sharp is/was the key man!

We were bottom of the league when Billy was here too! :dry:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on March 05, 2012, 06:38:04 pm by inSODwetrust »
Quote from: \"pubteam\" post=224433
If Diouf is so good, then why are we bottom of the league, with no win since 1/1/2012, with no improvement in performances?

We beat teams such as Southampton and Leicester with Billy being the only scorer! Oh, and, Diouf wasn't in the team.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on March 05, 2012, 06:47:46 pm by dickos1 »
Quote from: \"inSODwetrust\" post=224475

We beat teams such as Southampton and Leicester with Billy being the only scorer! Oh, and, Diouf wasn't in the team.

What's the point in your arguement?? Sharp has gone. Move on

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on March 05, 2012, 07:03:35 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=224477

Clue in his name mate.... he cant move on....he will be in his rocking charge ......w**king over the 50 odd passes v QPR.......

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on March 05, 2012, 07:31:09 pm by inSODwetrust »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=224485

Clue in his name mate.... he cant move on....he will be in his rocking charge ......w**king over the 50 odd passes v QPR.......

You mean like King John did at an attempt to sell season tickets the folowing season!?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on March 05, 2012, 09:17:44 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"inSODwetrust\" post=224491
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=224485

You mean like King John did at an attempt to sell season tickets the folowing season!?

Problem with him now have we?

pubteam

« Reply #66 on March 05, 2012, 09:58:57 pm by pubteam »

Yes, but your argument was that Diouf can't be that good because we're bottom of the league. But we were bottom of the league when Sharp was here - does that mean he's not very good as well?

VixDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on March 05, 2012, 10:15:29 pm by VixDRFC »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=224040
Wonderful moment when he shouted to the rest of the players to get into a huddle!

!

Sorry but we got into a huddle for most of O'Driscoll's games and look where that got us? I was glad to see the back of the huddle personally

Still maybe a Diouf huddle is better than an O'Driscoll huddle :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on March 05, 2012, 10:23:38 pm by inSODwetrust »
Quote from: \"pubteam\" post=224543

Yes, but your argument was that Diouf can't be that good because we're bottom of the league. But we were bottom of the league when Sharp was here - does that mean he's not very good as well?

I've actually posted this on the wrong thread! This was intended for the 'unbelievable stat' thread what DICKos1 started!

pubteam

« Reply #69 on March 05, 2012, 10:39:21 pm by pubteam »
Quote from: \"inSODwetrust\" post=224548

I've actually posted this on the wrong thread! This was intended for the 'unbelievable stat' thread what DICKos1 started!

Is there any need for this shit?

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on March 05, 2012, 10:42:08 pm by donnyroversfc »

Oh how very witty of you!!! No need for that at all.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on March 05, 2012, 11:01:59 pm by drfc1951 »
Would we have this thread if he had been a Sod signing,idoubt it very much.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on March 05, 2012, 11:30:32 pm by dickos1 »

being called a dick by the biggest clown on here.  I must be doing something right

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on March 05, 2012, 11:54:47 pm by BRMC_rover »
Quote from: \"Dazator\" post=224326
I'm sorry but Diouf is not doing enough to warrant his previous history in the game, to me he looks like a very average Championship standard player.

And that is not very surprising, considering no one else wanted him.  Forget all the hype, he left signing his DRFC contract extension to the end of the transfer window because no better offers came in.

I don't mind all of this, however it looks and sounds like he's doing DRFC a big favour when really we're doing him one by taking on an unfit player and paying him when everyone else doubted him.  

Sorry but your talking absolute bollox. Thats like saying the same statement Re: Billy Sharp. He always said he wanted to play in the Premier League. He knows with a few extra goals from him adding to Rickie Lambert's, he will be playing top flight with Soton next season. Any player worth their keep is one that is looking to better himself. Did we do Billy a favour? Equal balance I say, and we all loved him and still do despite his move. I dont hold anything against EHD for listening to/waiting for offers. Quite the opposite. If someone stated they are happy enough playing in the Championship when they have real pedigree, wouldnt you question their desire to do the best he could for a team and help them progress?

And he's looked far from average. Anyone who knows football will tell you he has several tools in his box that make him a class player. Movement, ability to pick a pass, final ball, first touch, finishing and determination. And why the chuff would he want to prove anything to a bunch like you that dont give him any credit? Tell me one thing, who would you 'get in' or replace him with now who would better place us to get out the bottom three?

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on March 05, 2012, 11:58:37 pm by donnyroversfc »
Diouf is a very good player (NOT world class like some say though). Just needs a goalscorer in the team so he can feed them the balls! His penalties are class too.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on March 06, 2012, 12:00:48 am by dickos1 »
Don't think anyone can argue he is world class now, but in his day he was. All that is irrelevant, he's our best player so we should all be behind him shouldn't we??

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on March 06, 2012, 12:04:21 am by donnyroversfc »
Dont think he's ever been world class tbh, a VERY good player yes but World class is what i'd describe the likes of Messi, Ronaldo etc. World class gets used to often when describing players.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on March 06, 2012, 12:06:29 am by dickos1 »
Discussions been done to death, I'd say during the world cup 2002 he was world class, as he was one of the players of the tournament.

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on March 06, 2012, 12:10:44 am by BRMC_rover »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=224576
Discussions been done to death, I'd say during the world cup 2002 he was world class, as he was one of the players of the tournament.

I was about to say the same thing. He's one of the classiest acts in this leage right now though. Iv spoken with several sets of fans of our league opposition and they would love to have him at their club. They ask the question 'How have we got him with a real sense of disbelief'. This of course is masked when we hear the masses giving him stick. What does that tell you though? We have to get behind him.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on March 06, 2012, 01:05:27 am by Mr1Croft »
He is a really good player, yesterday I felt he was off his game slightly but that was just my view.

I personally think he plays well when up against a defense who play quite deep, allowing him a little more space to run, that has seen much more effective (Leeds, Boro, Ipwsich). When they close him down quicker than anticipated he slows the tempo down and dribbles side to side is what irritates me because I'm expecting him to do something amazing and it usually isn't the case.

I don't like him being played up front either, from what I have seen he plays best out on the left giving him the option of cutting inside, but so far in a central role either up front or in the hole he either doesn't see much of the ball, or doesn't get enough space to work his magic. I don't think you can compare him with Sharp. Sharp is a poacher who relies on others to make the goals; Diouf is a advanced midfielder who makes the goals, and scores a few, it would be like comparing McIndoe to Leo Fortune-West...

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on March 06, 2012, 08:54:58 am by inSODwetrust »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=224561

being called a dick by the biggest clown on here.  I must be doing something right

Being called a clown by Dean Saunders, I dont know what to say!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on March 06, 2012, 09:38:50 am by dickos1 »
Quote from: \"inSODwetrust\" post=224595
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=224561

Being called a clown by Dean Saunders, I dont know what to say!

You should be on the telly with comedy like that? Bet your a right laugh

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on March 06, 2012, 01:17:17 pm by CusworthRovers »
I've had you down as Deano, part of the Mckay family or more than likely a Mod posting under this name (to save forum uproar) to sell the corporate message and beat down any non believers.
You've certainly amassed a fortune in posts since the new structure was put in place. Funny that as I'm not sure I'd heard of you before.

Then again I think Madmick is Benaldo is anybody else who is clearly trying to smash this forum.

Happy days

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on March 06, 2012, 01:21:51 pm by jonnydog »
Whats happened to Benaldo anyway?

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on March 06, 2012, 05:05:47 pm by graingrover »
you lot should try pantomime this next winter ... hopefully you would at least make us smile!

Dazator

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on March 06, 2012, 07:22:38 pm by Dazator »
Quote from: \"BRMC_rover\" post=224569
I'm sorry but Diouf is not doing enough to warrant his previous history in the game, to me he looks like a very average Championship standard player.

And that is not very surprising, considering no one else wanted him.  Forget all the hype, he left signing his DRFC contract extension to the end of the transfer window because no better offers came in.

I don't mind all of this, however it looks and sounds like he's doing DRFC a big favour when really we're doing him one by taking on an unfit player and paying him when everyone else doubted him.  

And he's looked far from average. Anyone who knows football will tell you he has several tools in his box that make him a class player. Movement, ability to pick a pass, final ball, first touch, finishing and determination. And why the chuff would he want to prove anything to a bunch like you that dont give him any credit? Tell me one thing, who would you 'get in' or replace him with now who would better place us to get out the bottom three?

Look football is all about opinions.  I used to think Gilly was poor but he has vastly improved since Saunders came in, brilliant.  I'm there for any player who puts a shift in and those who change my opinions of them.

And i keep these opinions to myself during the game, i don't shout any crap out about any rovers player, so don't think for one minute i get on any players backs.

This is a football forum, and I'm expressing my opinion on a topic.

So my opinion of Diouf will change when i see him add value to a game, like i say in 5 games so far I have not seen it.
I still hope to see it but so far I am thinking he doesn't play to our strengths and its bugging me as I see him break up more moves then he creates.

Above all else, if Diouf tried a bit more...ran for a few more balls and played to the whistle I'd say no more.  

Like I said, I'd prefer to get Bennett in on the wing.  I agree Diouf if useless up front, we do need a new striker as Hayter is clearly struggling.

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on March 06, 2012, 11:35:35 pm by BRMC_rover »
Quote from: \"Dazator\" post=224736
Quote from: \"BRMC_rover\" post=224569

Above all else, if Diouf tried a bit more...ran for a few more balls and played to the whistle I'd say no more.  

Like I said, I'd prefer to get Bennett in on the wing.  I agree Diouf if useless up front, we do need a new striker as Hayter is clearly struggling.

You got exactly what you wished for tonight! Has your opinion changed? You must see now he is such a valuable player for us.

And Robert Gill? I havent seen him play for ages, but il take your word for it that he's come on. ;)

Im chuffed to bits anyway. Our front three that started tonight has put a great dose of optimism in my pipe. Hope were all having a puff of the same thing.

Tiddysdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on March 06, 2012, 11:53:23 pm by Tiddysdad »
all good player believe they can play up front but I believe Diouf should play just behind the front two.

whats your thoughts

tiddysdad
rtid

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on March 07, 2012, 12:22:41 am by dickos1 »
Quote from: \"CusworthRovers\" post=224642
I've had you down as Deano, part of the Mckay family or more than likely a Mod posting under this name (to save forum uproar) to sell the corporate message and beat down any non believers.
You've certainly amassed a fortune in posts since the new structure was put in place. Funny that as I'm not sure I'd heard of you before.

Then again I think Madmick is Benaldo is anybody else who is clearly trying to smash this forum.

Happy days

You have a short memory cussy, this is what you posted to me back in August.

Quote from: \"CusworthRovers\" post=178255
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=178252
Yes when he's trying to strengthen the squad, that's correct but at the minute he's trying to just get bodies in and plug gaps. If we hadn't of got these youngsters on loan we wouldn't even of had enough subs. Every player he signed in the summer improved our squad.

Keep it up fella. Everything you have written on all 9 pages and on all the various issues is bang on right.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on March 07, 2012, 09:38:33 am by graingrover »
It is good to have a real character around in these times ... and we have a growing contingency of imports who will benefit from Diouf's presence on the field and around the club in general.
   Pity we can't field Willy as well really!.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012