Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:17:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Unbelievable stat  (Read 4870 times)

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
Re: Unbelievable stat
« Reply #30 on March 04, 2012, 09:13:44 pm by inSODwetrust »
League position = 24/24

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on March 04, 2012, 09:14:26 pm by Standanista »
Quote from: \"BillyStubbsTears\" post=224222
I see the babbying shows no signs of abating. When the balloon goes up and we have to resort to trench warfare, there's some on here I'd like at my side, and some who would mince about moaning how shit everything is.

I have a list. Some of you will be invited to be brave partisans. Some will be summarily executed, embalmed and used as toys to satisfy the men's carnal urges. You know who you are.

Back to the relegation scrap. Those of you chucking your hands up and saying how dreadful everything is, take a look at the table and look at the form.

I cannot see Pompey pulling themselves round. Bristol City are imploding (1 point and 17 goals conceded in the last 6 games). Coventry have been averaging well under a point a game for 5 months.

Given the dreadful form of the bottom 4, I can well see that something as low as 40-42 points might achieve safety this year.

So, we have a target to aim at. We are actually not playing bad football. It  would not have been ridiculous for us to have picked up 7 points from the last 3 games and be out of the bottom 3. It's THAT close. Forest have shown that a couple of wins (after the worst run of any side this year - 5 points from the previous 39) can take you clear out of the bottom 3.

So, for fcuk's sake, stop this whining. We're in a genuine relegation scrap. We're not down and out. We have everything to play for. This is where you earn your spurs as a fan. Any flabby arsed tosspot can support a side that is over performing, and fcuk knows we've picked some up over the last decade. Well, here's the other side of football. The side where you hold onto your knackers, pray for a bit if luck, and shout your fcuking lungs out  to support the side.

Support. No ifs, no buts.

If it goes tits up, you can have your mardy little hissy fits in May. Until then, it's support. Total and utter. No moans, no prissy little \"I told you Saunders was no good\"s. No histrionics.

Support.

Otherwise, take a long, hard look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself what supporting a club means to you.

1. Support.  Unquestionably.

2. You and I are both old enough to have seen plenty of relegation scraps and to have suffered shyte from the likes of Firthy, Bissett and Jimmy Fast Hand Curran accordingly.  Yes, it's close, and yes, I've been a Donny fan for 30-odd years and have seen much worse than this, so I'm not about to give it up now.  BUT, having seen us go down too many times in the past, the piss-stinking stench of relegation looms large over this 2011-12 season.  We're just not good enough, and we will go down, I'll bet you any money you like.  And, then, next year, once the flabby arced (sic) tosspots have left, we'll regroup, rebuild and go back over the top again for a promotion push.  I'll hold the trenches to the last man but, for those who've never known anything other than steady progress, promotion and success, get ready for it because this year it's gonna happen.

Spurs, incidentally (the horsing tack to which you refer, not the North London home of Amstrad 'Arry), were pretty fcuking useless against barbed wire and Vickers .303 machine guns.  Defensive warfare, and our defence ain't up to the task.

That's just the way it is, funny old game and all that.  And I've seen BST's knackers, and the rest, on the footy pitch when his shorts elastic snapped on a run to nowhere and he was going commando.  I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as it was a very cold morning.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on March 04, 2012, 09:19:16 pm by Chris »
What impact does what I believe will happen have on the team?

sf9944

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on March 04, 2012, 09:23:12 pm by sf9944 »
BST.  Good man - couldn't agree with you more!!!!  Thats the spirit we need!  

I been thinking that for one of our big upcoming home games all us Donny Rovers fanatics should meet up at about 1:30 at the remains of our spiritual Belle Vue home and march as one to the Keepmoat, singing our hearts out in glory at supporting this club we all love. Work ourselves into a fury and create a massive atmosphere. :rtid:

We have had the best of times over the last 10 years. We have seen unprecedented success and have been so lucky.  Now is the time to pay back for those good times and do all we can as supporters to turn this thing round. It may not ultimately work but we should still do all we can!

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 04, 2012, 09:30:09 pm by inSODwetrust »
Quote from: \"sf9944\" post=224243
BST.  Good man - couldn't agree with you more!!!!  Thats the spirit we need!  

I been thinking that for one of our big upcoming home games all us Donny Rovers fanatics should meet up at about 1:30 at the remains of our spiritual Belle Vue home and march as one to the Keepmoat, singing our hearts out in glory at supporting this club we all love. Work ourselves into a fury and create a massive atmosphere. :rtid:

We have had the best of times over the last 10 years. We have seen unprecedented success and have been so lucky.  Now is the time to pay back for those good times and do all we can as supporters to turn this thing round. It may not ultimately work but we should still do all we can!

And pigs will fly

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on March 04, 2012, 09:30:12 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Quote from: \"sf9944\"

We have had the best of times over the last 10 years. We have seen unprecedented success and have been so lucky.  Now is the time to pay back for those good times and do all we can as supporters to turn
this thing round. It may not ultimately work but we should still do all we can![/quote

Well said that man :scarf:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on March 04, 2012, 09:34:29 pm by hoolahoop »
Been here more than a few times (it was once de rigeur for a Rovers supporter). Up and down like a whore's knickers it makes you a real supporter not just those good times .
As BST and RTR et al have said this game is far from over and it's time to support like never before. I don't care who plays for us as long as they run their knackers off for the cause and I'm getting more than pissed off with all the faint hearted wallies on here building their 'supposed Div 1 team'.
I bet the players find that very heartening..........NOT.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on March 04, 2012, 10:01:40 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Stan.

As you well know my old fruit, my gonads were so impressively proportioned and my velocity when in full flight such a wonder to behold, it's a wonder that I didn't snap more shorts elastic than I did back then. (Course I made up for it by snapping more than me fair share of knicker elastic around that time.

But enough of my teenage dressing habits.

I disagree that the defence usn't good enough. We've conceded 10 in the last 8. Six of those came in the absence of Beye after that mistaken sending off (and I do think that there's more than a chance that the ref's performance at Ashton Gate may ultimately be the difference between our survival or otherwise).

Overall though, neither our defensive record nor our performances suggest that we are dead men lying down and giving up. Even against Blackpool where we ultimately got a hiding, had Hayter not been wearing the long-lost ClownShoes, and had their keeper not made possibly the finest save I've ever seen in a Rovers game (might be just one better by that slaphead from Bristol City about 25 years back at OBV - still don't believe it was physically possible what he did) then we would have won at least a point.

14 games to go. I suspect 18 points would definitely keep us up. 14 will give us a 50-50 chance. On current performances, we are more than capable of picking up that many points. Starting with them scabby bas**rds on Tuesday night.

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on March 04, 2012, 10:13:51 pm by Standanista »
The bloke in question was John Shaw, it was a Tuesday night wasn't it, and didn't we win 4-1?  (That's without googling.)

I hope you're right of course.  With regard to the defence, however, I'll give you two more statistics: we threw away a 2-0 second-half lead against Leeds, and conceded an injury time leveller against the Posh, and that's in the last three games alone.  That amounts to 5 key points dropped through defensive frailties that could, in all likelihood, mean the difference between staying up and going down come season's end.

Having to push your nads around in a wheelbarrow obviously explains your lack of acceleration and pace on boggy surfaces.  And you were obviously stronger than you looked, being able to snap the airport-luggage-belt elastic on Gaynor's knickers.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on March 04, 2012, 10:41:28 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=224173
In the games diouf has been involved in we have scored 11 goals, diouf has either scored or made the assist on everyone of those goals bar one.
Yet people come on here and moan about the guy, there is no player in our history that has been as important as he is to us at the minute, players dive and fall out with each other, so what? It happened before he arrived and it'll happen when he's gone.
Just get behind him and acknowledge how good he is

Cos they havent a clue mate!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on March 04, 2012, 10:57:41 pm by RedJ »
Sing your hearts out for the lads, as I believe the song goes.

Much kudos to the guy (I think it's the guy who wears the grey hoody) in the SS who got us started off half way through the first when no f**ker was bothered.

The potential for the noise to spur them on is there, it's just unlocking it.

Fully agree with BST - times like this is when we need to stick together most. Christ, we survived Uncle Ken, we can survive this.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on March 04, 2012, 11:08:55 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Quote from: \"Standanista\" post=224257
The bloke in question was John Shaw, it was a Tuesday night wasn't it, and didn't we win 4-1?  (That's without googling.)

I hope you're right of course.  With regard to the defence, however, I'll give you two more statistics: we threw away a 2-0 second-half lead against Leeds, and conceded an injury time leveller against the Posh, and that's in the last three games alone.  That amounts to 5 key points dropped through defensive frailties that could, in all likelihood, mean the difference between staying up and going down come season's end.

Having to push your nads around in a wheelbarrow obviously explains your lack of acceleration and pace on boggy surfaces.  And you were obviously stronger than you looked, being able to snap the airport-luggage-belt elastic on Gaynor's knickers.

Jon Shaw. That were him. Looked like Sal Solo out of Classix Nouveau. Never seen a save quite like it. Someone lobbed him as he was stood on the penalty spot. Miles over his head it were, goal written all over it. He did this kind of Cirque du Soleil slow motion backwards cartwheel thing and caught the f**king thing. I think we lost actually, cos I went home and spent the night cutting up my copy of \"Is it a Dream\" into a million tiny shards of vinyl.

As for Gaynor - never went within a country mile of her frillies. I allus had FAR higher standards than that me old. She smelled like my grandmother. Who had been dead for 8 years.

Actually, I heard recently that a lass who I DID go out with back then died a few years back. A bit sobering, that news was. I thought her broken heart would have healed years ago.

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on March 05, 2012, 01:11:11 pm by nice one rovers »
Quote from: \"Donnybax\" post=224176
No player in our history as important as him- I personally think thats b*llocks.  Heres another stat for you- games won without Billy sharp this season= 0 Billy sharp more important

:huh: We also managed to win no games without Suarez, Giggs, & Tevez.:huh:

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on March 06, 2012, 08:03:39 pm by Standanista »
Quote from: \"BillyStubbsTears\" post=224268
Quote from: \"Standanista\" post=224257

Jon Shaw. That were him. Looked like Sal Solo out of Classix Nouveau. Never seen a save quite like it. Someone lobbed him as he was stood on the penalty spot. Miles over his head it were, goal written all over it. He did this kind of Cirque du Soleil slow motion backwards cartwheel thing and caught the fcuking thing. I think we lost actually, cos I went home and spent the night cutting up my copy of \"Is it a Dream\" into a million tiny shards of vinyl.

As for Gaynor - never went within a country mile of her frillies. I allus had FAR higher standards than that me old. She smelled like my grandmother. Who had been dead for 8 years.

Actually, I heard recently that a lass who I DID go out with back then died a few years back. A bit sobering, that news was. I thought her broken heart would have healed years ago.

I do remember Firthy once getting within sniffing distance of Gaynor at a sixth-form social, although sniffing distance could have been as far off as the cemetery on the other side of the Park Hotel, of course.  At least it's conveniently located for Montague.  It is indeed a sobering thought when you hear about your contemporaries of yore carking it, except the ones you always thought were t**ts.

As with Donny this season, we just have to keep fighting the good fight and put our faith in Divine intervention as necessary; the Covenant, the Sword and the Arm of the Lord.

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on March 06, 2012, 08:05:00 pm by Standanista »
Oh no, that were Cabaret Voltaire.  As you were.

I'm sure John Shaw in Panini's Football '78 book was wearing a syrup, because by the time he got to OBV in the early-mid '80s he was most definitely the Yul Brinner of the 18-yard box (good keeper n'all).

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on March 06, 2012, 08:26:11 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
The Sun, bless 'em, did one of them investigative journalism articles about alopecia. Basically, it was an excuse to show a picture of Gail Porter with her waps out. But they also had little pen portraits of other famous alopecia suffers. One of them were John Shaw. They reckoned it was the shock of Briatol City getting relegated from Div 1 to Div 4 in three years that made him lose his hair.

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on March 06, 2012, 09:27:21 pm by Standanista »
It was all a huge cover-up (or not, looking at the photos of both Gail Porter's assets AND John Shaw's head), instigated by Willy Boyd with back-up from BB.  Both being wee Scotsmen (in stature, never ability), Boyd was pissed off that Dennis Peacock was beating him to a first-team place because Dennis's stature (very similar to John Shaw's) made him look more on the macho side and thus an apter keeper.  Hence Boyd bought John Shaw's hair to make a tufty and macho Zulu-era drill sergeant's moustache out of it, as part of a deal which also involved Tommy Gaynor, Jamie Lawrence's barber, the old floodlights at BV and one (only) of the rusted turnstiles from Tickhill Square, Denaby, which has since been sold on to be melted down and will be featured as a pigeon clock in a Steven Spielberg 2013 remake of Kes.

Less well known, however, is that Boyd did a deal with Bristol City whereby he traded his soul to Figurine Panini in exchange for the last three stickers he needed to complete his sticker book (Asa Hartford, Keith Fear, and the Partick Thistle golden badge, incidentally).

And I jest not.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on March 07, 2012, 07:37:50 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Mr Diouf did it again ....laying on Bennett second.....

Think I dont like about him he never passes .......:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :saywhat: :saywhat: :saywhat: :saywhat: :saywhat: :saywhat: :saywhat: :saywhat: :saywhat: :saywhat: :saywhat: :saywhat: :saywhat: :saywhat: :saywhat: :saywhat: :saywhat: :saywhat:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012