Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 11:54:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: So we might be going down....  (Read 2255 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
So we might be going down....
« on March 31, 2012, 12:41:04 am by Bentley Bullet »
For fcuks sake a dozen teams go down every season, it's part of the game. Is it really THAT bad to go down? Does it REALLY mean that ALL those clubs that go down are badly run?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

tommy toes

• Forum Member
Re: So we might be going down....
« Reply #1 on March 31, 2012, 08:30:09 am by tommy toes »
Normally BB I'd have no problem with us going down. It's happened several tomes in my Rovers supporting marathon and is sad but inevitable for most clubs at some stage.
However, this relegation has got me worried.
We are skint and effectively bankrupt.
We will lose millions in TV revenue.
JR must surely have had enough of propping us up on his own.
We'll have players on contacts the club can't afford.
I'm really concerned we'll go into freefall now, which would be a tragedy seeing how far we've come in the last 10 years.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 31, 2012, 10:12:09 am by silent majority »
Tommy Toes.

Too much scaremongering there.

We are not effectively bankrupt, well not more than any other club and certainly not as bad as some. Off the top of my head you have Portsmouth, Nottingham Forest, Coventry etc

We will lose TV revenue, and solidarity payments as they are called, but we have been cutting our cloth for some time now.

JR has only lost the others as Directors, they are still around and he will be looking for other shareholders and directors. Its much easier to do it with a shiny new stadium and one that you can call your own rather than dilapidated old Belle Vue. This summer could be very interesting.

The contracts issue has been addressed and is continuing to be done, I wouldn't worry too much about that one.

Freefall, no chance. We all have the experience of the last few years, the club behind the scenes has changed and continues to change immeasurably.

I'm not afraid of the club going down, is this constant scrap for survival worth the heartache?

donnygreenjeans

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 31, 2012, 10:46:05 am by donnygreenjeans »
Quote from: \"Bentley Bullet\" post=230669
For fcuks sake a dozen teams go down every season, it's part of the game. Is it really THAT bad to go down? Does it REALLY mean that ALL those clubs that go down are badly run?

Are you being serious? Relegation is disastrous, first and foremost, the money we will lose through TV revenue and advertising is the biggest thing, the amount of players that will leave is another, if we get relegated they were will be fewer derbies IF both sheffield clubs get promoted, shall i continue?

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 31, 2012, 10:53:18 am by DRFCSouth »
We might go down but this is probably one of the most competitive Championships for a number of years. There are no real stand out teams that have been hammered week in, week out, including us. We have been edged out in so many games and lost leads and drawing positions to draws and defeats. Relegation will be painful financially but if we can hang on to a core of quality players we could do ok next year.At least there will be some stand out games in league one.

WBDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 31, 2012, 10:53:29 am by WBDRFC »
Quote from: \"donnygreenjeans\" post=230763

Are you being serious? Relegation is disastrous, first and foremost, the money we will lose through TV revenue and advertising is the biggest thing, the amount of players that will leave is another, if we get relegated they were will be fewer derbies IF both sheffield clubs get promoted, shall i continue?

I'm the last person who wants to see Rovers relegated, as I think it could potentially be disastrous, but the one positive is that most of the squad [strike]will[/strike] should leave. There needs to be a clear-out - 12 months too late, but better late than never. Start from scratch, let Saunders build his team (without the McKay experiment and players inherited from SO'D). Only then can we judge how good Saunders is, or is not.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 31, 2012, 10:55:31 am by goalkick »
lets not forget the good times we have had over the last few years wembly,cardiff and some good foot ball some of the time.without jrs imput we would not have achieved this.was disappointed to witness some idiot shouting abuse at jr last night.unbelievable. we were beaten by a better team last night.if you look at the goals we have conceded in the last 18 months it is clear our defence has been lacking a couple of big defenders capable of putting themselves about.yesterday we seemed more interested in going backwards and slowing down play whereas brom went forward at pace.whats happened is history lets look forward instead of back,:rtid:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 31, 2012, 12:20:51 pm by RedJ »
At least we'll have shit loads of derbies and not have to put up with the binkickers :whistle:

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 31, 2012, 12:25:11 pm by timdrfc »

Here here, people really do need to get a grip, it wasn't that long ago i dreamed of Rovers getting  into L1

pubteam

« Reply #9 on March 31, 2012, 01:28:03 pm by pubteam »
Quote from: \"silent_majority\" post=230749
Tommy Toes.

Too much scaremongering there.

We are not effectively bankrupt, well not more than any other club and certainly not as bad as some. Off the top of my head you have Portsmouth, Nottingham Forest, Coventry etc

We will lose TV revenue, and solidarity payments as they are called, but we have been cutting our cloth for some time now.

JR has only lost the others as Directors, they are still around and he will be looking for other shareholders and directors. Its much easier to do it with a shiny new stadium and one that you can call your own rather than dilapidated old Belle Vue. This summer could be very interesting.

The contracts issue has been addressed and is continuing to be done, I wouldn't worry too much about that one.

Freefall, no chance. We all have the experience of the last few years, the club behind the scenes has changed and continues to change immeasurably.

I'm not afraid of the club going down, is this constant scrap for survival worth the heartache?

Reassuring words, SM. Assuming you are privvy to more of the facts than most of us on here?

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 31, 2012, 01:36:57 pm by CusworthRovers »
Quote from: \"silent_majority\" post=230749

Thanks SM, I'm reassured by the comments bolded. I was assuming or hoping those things were happening, and that makes me feel better

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 31, 2012, 09:09:05 pm by idler »
I'm sure that when we came up we didn't get a full share of
tv money as it was paid to the teams in the championship at
the end of the season. Therefore the relegated teams got it
and the promoted teams had to wait a season.
If that is so we would get a  championship share next year
which would certainly help us short term.
I maybe wrong but I'm sure the facts were writtenat the time.:huh:

Rover of Arabia

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 31, 2012, 09:35:44 pm by Rover of Arabia »
Only disaster will be if we chane kits from Nike to Vandanel!:rtid:

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 31, 2012, 10:26:22 pm by vaya »
If it's Matchwinner again, then we really are in the cack.

bellevuebhoy

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 31, 2012, 10:52:47 pm by bellevuebhoy »
I m going down .\"...... To get my & me 8 & 6 year old lads season tickets this week,  it s been a hard season but apart from the last 10 years it has always been that way ( but the best thing about my kids (( ok not the best thing)) is they really can t see why you would want to support man u, Chelsea , etc etc when you do nt have any affiliation (not their word) for that team. So bring on next season  as long as JR is at the helm I have complete confidence and on another positive note ...thought last night was only the second time this season that you could say the linesman was almost a perfect homer,  nearly sang a few times can we have you every week.....but thought maybe not

Highland Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 01, 2012, 09:30:07 am by Highland Rover »
Anybody fancy another trip to Wembley ??  JPT here we come !!

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 01, 2012, 10:35:56 am by Red wizard »
Lets hope we can have a good run in jpt. Used to love them nights for a fiver.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 01, 2012, 12:03:54 pm by Spud »
I for one (and i'm sure am not alone) can't wait for a fresh start next season. Hopefully get back to being a proper club to be proud of again. Renewed mine and my 2 lads season tickets, bring it on !!!
Ya never know we might win a few games and stop bickering quite as much :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012