Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 06:35:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: If DS ever gets tired of football management...  (Read 3824 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
If DS ever gets tired of football management...
« on April 06, 2012, 08:54:44 am by The Red Baron »
... there's a job for him waiting in the Met, on the phone-hacking investigation!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17626561

\"Our enquiries are still ongoing.\"

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SiBo

• Forum Member
Re: If DS ever gets tired of football management...
« Reply #1 on April 06, 2012, 09:57:41 am by SiBo »
It becomes more and more embarrassing every time DS opens his mouth about this? How does it take two weeks to look at some photos on a freely available website and decide whether they are your player or not?

Even if he came out and said Diouf has apologised to him and the rest of the squad and the matter is closed it would be better than this 'investigation is ongoing' nonsense. Shambles.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 06, 2012, 10:05:09 am by Sheepskin Stu »

WBDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 06, 2012, 10:14:48 am by WBDRFC »
Quote from: \"SiBo\" post=231768
It becomes more and more embarrassing every time DS opens his mouth about this? How does it take two weeks to look at some photos on a freely available website and decide whether they are your player or not?

Even if he came out and said Diouf has apologised to him and the rest of the squad and the matter is closed it would be better than this 'investigation is ongoing' nonsense. Shambles.

Looking at a photo is easy. Determining the date and time it was taken is another matter. The issue is whether he was in a nightclub on a certain date.

I guess it won't be Saunders doing the investigation. Disciplinary investigations are normally undertaken by somebody independent of the person being investigated (ie, not the manager).

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 06, 2012, 10:17:48 am by Sheepskin Stu »
Quote from: \"WBDRFC\" post=231771

Looking at a photo is easy. Determining the date and time it was taken is another matter. The issue is whether he was in a nightclub on a certain date.

I guess it won't be Saunders doing the investigation. Disciplinary investigations are normally undertaken by somebody independent of the person being investigated (ie, not the manager).

Don't be so pathetic. Dean isn't going to rock the boat as it's McKay's star man. He's bulletproof.

WBDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 06, 2012, 10:19:19 am by WBDRFC »
Quote from: \"Sheepskin Stu\" post=231772

Don't be so pathetic. Dean isn't going to rock the boat as it's McKay's star man. He's bulletproof.

Not pathetic - it's the way things work in a business. No need to get abusive just being you don't have a clue how a business operates.

If a player is disciplined/fined, there has to be a proper disciplinary investigation and the penalty has to be approved by the PFA. If the proper process is not followed then no action can be taken. Simple.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 06, 2012, 10:21:05 am by Sheepskin Stu »
Give over. This isn't a typical business arrangement. I can't believe you're been taken in by this b*llocks.

WBDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 06, 2012, 10:22:52 am by WBDRFC »
Quote from: \"Sheepskin Stu\" post=231775
Give over. This isn't a typical business arrangement. I can't believe you're been taken in by this b*llocks.

It's not b*llocks. The PFA MUST give it's approval for any disciplinary action. The PFA (as a union) is very picky about what it approves. The player would easily avoid any action if the proper process is not followed. I'm all for a player being disciplined if they have broken club rules.

If you don't like facts then don't bother commenting.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 06, 2012, 10:24:54 am by Sheepskin Stu »
Quote from: \"WBDRFC\" post=231777
Quote from: \"Sheepskin Stu\" post=231775

It's not b*llocks. The PFA MUST give it's approval for any disciplinary action. The PFA (as a union) is very picky about what it approves. The player would easily avoid any action if the proper process is not followed. I'm all for a player being disciplined if they have broken club rules.

If you don't like facts then don't bother commenting.

I love facts pal but you haven't given me any and I'll keep commenting as I see fit.

Can you not see the obvious conflict of interests here?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 06, 2012, 10:36:44 am by The Red Baron »

Agreed- either do something or draw a line under it. Incidentally, I would expect the CEO to be conducting the investigation, not the manager.

SiBo

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 06, 2012, 10:39:48 am by SiBo »
WBDRFC hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Sorry that attempted defensive of this farcical situation has just given me the biggest laff of the day. Absolutely brilliant, please do keep it up!

How hard is it to ring the nightclub??????

'Hello my name is Dean Saunders and I am the manager of Doncaster Rovers FC, is that Priva nightclub in Bournemouth?'
'Yes Mr Saunders it is how can we help you?'
'I'm just calling to see if those pictures you put on your website dated the Friday 23rd March 2012 were actually taken on Friday 23rd March or whether you have just made this up for any reason?'
'No Mr Saunders we can confirm those pictures were taken on that date and why would we put photos up saying they were taken on a certain date if they actually weren't?'
'I understand. Could you possibly help me out and say they were taken on another day or even better that you doctored the photos so I don't have to be seen to discipline my star player. It's a bit of an awkward one you see.'
'No Mr Saunders we won't be doing that. Good day.'
'Dammit, who am I going to blame now?'

Rooney, Evans and Gibson dropped for going out for a meal on Boxing Day apparently in breach of club discipline four days before a game. Gavin Henson sacked by Cardiff Blues two days after his indiscretion on that plane. The common theme? Immediate action showing the players exactly who is in charge. God, SOD even dropped Oster and Hayter for getting into trouble the Saturday night before the Middlesbrough game, he didn't think 'Hmmm maybe I'll pretend not to know until it suits me, because Middlesbrough are quite a good team and I could do with those players playing'. I'm not saying how the club should discipline Diouf, if at all, but do or say something because all that's happening now is DS is making himself look less and less in control of events and players, which we guessed anyway but he isn't helping quell those suspicions.

WBDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 06, 2012, 11:14:28 am by WBDRFC »
Firstly, I am not defending Saunders or Diouf. I am not a Saunders fan, and it does appear that Diouf has broken club rules.
However, the investigation will probably be done by the CEO, and not the manager.

Ringing the nightclub is easy. Using that as evidence is totally different.

As someone who has been involved in hundreds of disciplinary hearings and tribunals on behalf of employees I'll give you a clue on how they work.

Photographic and verbal evidence will only be acceptable from third parties if they are present at a disciplinary hearing to be cross examined. Failing that they will have to provide a written statement. That is often difficult to obtain. Without these the evidence cannot be used.

Of course, facts like what evidence can be used will not placate the people who have written  comments on this topic.

If the club do not do a proper investigation using PFA rules then Diouf will get away with it. I would prefer the club take their time and get the right outcome, rather than rush it and be made to look foolish by the PFA as happened with Man City and Tevez.

SiBo

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 06, 2012, 11:24:34 am by SiBo »
I bow to your superior knowledge on the legalities of this having never been involved in a disciplinary. However, it still doesn't explain how countless clubs many times over have disciplined players for breaches of club discipline in a lot less time than two weeks? Chopra and Bullard at Ipswich being another recent example. I take all your points WBDRFC but I'm afraid I'm still firmly of the belief this is an incidence of the club fudging it big time because there are too many politics involved in disciplining Diouf.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 06, 2012, 11:34:13 am by Sheepskin Stu »
Sincere thanks for that insight WB but I have to agree with SiBo. The political will to do something about it is not there.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 06, 2012, 01:43:17 pm by CusworthRovers »
What the chuff as it got to do with the PFA at this stage?

The club/manager has every right to drop a player if they feel he has breached club rules and whilst it's being looked at. Infact a club/manager has every right to drop any player at any time if he so chooses.

On the Radio, Deano stated he's asked EHD and he's denied it. Unfortunately the bell of a reporter never pushed him further in asking what he's actually denied.

As far as investigations go:

1. Ask the player (done)
2. Ask the other players in the photo
3. Ask the squad who travelled down
4. Ring or send some trusted rep to the said nightclub

I would suggest (in light of the media highlighting it and more importantly the fans) that could be done in a day to quickly resolve it, one way or another (and most of the above can be done at Cantley Park... if they are actually at training).

I would also suggest one has to look at the impact on the club in doing the above steps, as there could be ramifications for the club

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 06, 2012, 01:59:11 pm by graingrover »
What are you guys aming at ... having a club worthy of your superior moral values it seems.If  you are so noble ,so what are you doing on here trying to down your club at every thread.

WBDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 06, 2012, 02:18:19 pm by WBDRFC »
Quote from: \"CusworthRovers\" post=231801
What the chuff as it got to do with the PFA at this stage?

The club/manager has every right to drop a player if they feel he has breached club rules and whilst it's being looked at. Infact a club/manager has every right to drop any player at any time if he so chooses.

On the Radio, Deano stated he's asked EHD and he's denied it. Unfortunately the bell of a reporter never pushed him further in asking what he's actually denied.

As far as investigations go:

1. Ask the player (done)
2. Ask the other players in the photo
3. Ask the squad who travelled down
4. Ring or send some trusted rep to the said nightclub

I would suggest (in light of the media highlighting it and more importantly the fans) that could be done in a day to quickly resolve it, one way or another (and most of the above can be done at Cantley Park... if they are actually at training).

I would also suggest one has to look at the impact on the club in doing the above steps, as there could be ramifications for the club

Saunders said the allegations against Diouf were a serious breach of the club's policy. Investigations of breach of company policy can easily take several weeks, and often a month or more - I've seen this many times in the past in many businesses. So what the club is doing is nothing out of the ordinary - and that's the point I'm trying to get across.

It's very easy to demand that something be done immediately - even if the case is clear cut. But the law is a minefield for employers - and DRFC is Diouf's employer. One wrong move can cost an employer a large amount of money - and that's something the club cannot afford.

Dropping a player while an investigation is taking place is part of a disciplinary process - it amounts to a suspension. And that will involve the PFA immediately.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 06, 2012, 05:46:41 pm by ravenrover »
Why do I have a feeling if he has been found guilty it will be announced at 14.00 on Saturday 28th April just after he has thrown his shirt into the crowd and waved goodbye.:byebye :byebye

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 06, 2012, 11:14:55 pm by BobG »
The objective all along has been to sweep this under the carpet. As Stu says, the conflict of interest is just too great. mcKay will not countenance one of his valuable assets becoming even more tarred. After all, he's worth money. Why worry about tinpot Donny Rovers ffs? It's pretty obvious froM Deano's anguished and fatuous attempts to not see the pics - even when a Radio Sheffield journo offers to show him right then and there on the spot! All Deano did was get angry and refuse to look at them. That tells you all you need to know. The bloke is is a joke.

And no Graing :) It's not a downer on the Rovers. It's shame and despair at how rhis club has been managed, from the very top, this last 2 seasons, the shit it now finds itself in and the shameful and despicable dipsticks who now run it.

BobG

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 06, 2012, 11:23:58 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"Sheepskin Stu\" post=231772

Suggest people listen to the interview Diouf says he was not there on that night!

SO what does Saunders say your telling lies without any evidence?

What is up with people? These opinions are the reasons why people are being driven away from the club....ill thought out SHIT!

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 06, 2012, 11:40:54 pm by Muttley »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=231876

Suggest people listen to the interview Diouf says he was not there on that night!

What is up with people? These opinions are the reasons why people are being driven away from the club....ill thought out SHIT!

Are you saying that isn't Diouf in the photo? :lol:

Must be his stunt-double (lord knows he needs one with all the falling over he does) with exactly the same tattoos and haircut then :dry:

ill thought out SHIT!

You said it!

WBDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 07, 2012, 07:40:58 am by WBDRFC »
Quote from: \"BobG\" post=231873
The objective all along has been to sweep this under the carpet. As Stu says, the conflict of interest is just too great. mcKay will not countenance one of his valuable assets becoming even more tarred. After all, he's worth money. Why worry about tinpot Donny Rovers ffs? It's pretty obvious froM Deano's anguished and fatuous attempts to not see the pics - even when a Radio Sheffield journo offers to show him right then and there on the spot! All Deano did was get angry and refuse to look at them. That tells you all you need to know. The bloke is is a joke.

And no Graing :) It's not a downer on the Rovers. It's shame and despair at how rhis club has been managed, from the very top, this last 2 seasons, the shit it now finds itself in and the shameful and despicable dipsticks who now run it.

BobG

I'm sure John Ryan will be overjoyed to hear yet more personal insults thrown at him and the new CEO, Gavin Baldwin.

WBDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 07, 2012, 07:46:30 am by WBDRFC »

Exactly. Saunders says Diouf denies it, so the CEO (not Saunders) will have to investigate it thoroughly and obtain written witness statements from other people there and the photographer (who is a freelancer).

These people who criticise the club for doing something the proper way are not helping the club at all. Constant sniping at every little thing they can think of, even it does not have merits. If the club can obtain the full evidence (not just a photograph), then I'm all for Diouf being properly disciplined, but I understand the process the club have to go through.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 07, 2012, 08:38:46 am by Wellred »
Quote from: \"WBDRFC\" post=231903

Exactly. Saunders says Diouf denies it, so the CEO (not Saunders) will have to investigate it thoroughly and obtain written witness statements from other people there and the photographer (who is a freelancer).

These people who criticise the club for doing something the proper way are not helping the club at all. Constant sniping at every little thing they can think of, even it does not have merits. If the club can obtain the full evidence (not just a photograph), then I'm all for Diouf being properly disciplined, but I understand the process the club have to go through.

Not helped either by some \"supporters\" who think they are better than everyone else and hold such high opinions of themselves that they are always right. It seems certain individuals think they have a right to slag off the club at every opportunity at the moment.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 07, 2012, 09:23:21 am by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=231908

Not helped either by some \"supporters\" who think they are better than everyone else and hold such high opinions of themselves that they are always right.

Pot and Kettle.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 07, 2012, 09:55:57 am by CusworthRovers »
I think also many are being ultra sensitive. Nobody has actually wanted the head of EHD. I think folk just want it resolving one way or the other.

This is not really a business WBDRFC akin to yours is it. It's a football club. Over many a decade when players have messed up off pitch, then clubs have dealt with them internally in the first instance almost immediately (be that immediate discipline, dropped them or whatever...or even dismissed the allegation and closed the matter). It's still happening today when you read the papers or watch TV. If a manager wants to drop a player at any time then he can if he feels he's not right physically or mentally or for the long term benefit of the club.

This matter was over 2 weeks ago now. Tell me if this cannot be resolved by doing the things I said above, almost immediately and certainly within 2 weeks.

All it will do is give ammunition to the mischievous ones, ie think:

The club will only do something once we are as good as relegated
Make people think we will not do anything until we are
Make people think, just let time pass and it will blow over and folk will forget

Just say the matter has been fully investigated and EHD has done nothing wrong that breach's club rules

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 07, 2012, 10:05:17 am by Wellred »
Quote from: \"Thinwhiteduke\" post=231919
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=231908

Not helped either by some \"supporters\" who think they are better than everyone else and hold such high opinions of themselves that they are always right.

Pot and Kettle.

Why am I not surprised it was you who replied first!!!!

But then if the cap fits I suppose.......................

WBDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 07, 2012, 10:17:36 am by WBDRFC »
Quote from: \"CusworthRovers\" post=231931
I think also many are being ultra sensitive. Nobody has actually wanted the head of EHD. I think folk just want it resolving one way or the other.

This is not really a business WBDRFC akin to yours is it. It's a football club. Over many a decade when players have messed up off pitch, then clubs have dealt with them internally in the first instance almost immediately (be that immediate discipline, dropped them or whatever...or even dismissed the allegation and closed the matter). It's still happening today when you read the papers or watch TV. If a manager wants to drop a player at any time then he can if he feels he's not right physically or mentally or for the long term benefit of the club.

This matter was over 2 weeks ago now. Tell me if this cannot be resolved by doing the things I said above, almost immediately and certainly within 2 weeks.

All it will do is give ammunition to the mischievous ones, ie think:

The club will only do something once we are as good as relegated
Make people think we will not do anything until we are
Make people think, just let time pass and it will blow over and folk will forget

Just say the matter has been fully investigated and EHD has done nothing wrong that breach's club rules

I would totally agree with you, in an ideal world.

Unfortunately, football is far from an ideal world.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 07, 2012, 07:36:21 pm by Jonathan »
Maybe Thursday and Friday visits to the nightclub were part of the planned weekender all along, ergo no investigation needed? Throw in a nice little trip to Newbury races, pop and play a football match and happy days! Everyone has a good one.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012