Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 07:26:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A Message to JR  (Read 1282 times)

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
A Message to JR
« on April 07, 2012, 10:24:49 am by Albert Trousers »
If we go down this season as looks likely it will be our 1st relegation in 14 years. How many other teams of our size and stature can say that?
The reason we have remained on the up for so long is no doubt down to your goodself and the people around you. Your decision to employ Dave Penney & Sean O'Driscoll proved masterstrokes and the 4 seasons you have given us at this level is 3 more than everyone predicted.
I left the Birmingham game last week disappointed that we were beaten but then I cast my mind back to defeats at home to Stalybridge & Leek & a FA Trophy exit at the hands of Frickley Athletic and realised that it is bloody brilliant being a Rover. Realistically speaking we will still be punching above our weight in League 1 if we are relegated but I have every faith that you will have us in a promotion push next season (or a comfortable mid table finish if we pull off mission impossible & stay up) Mine & the families season tickets are renewed & I'm just getting ready to set off to Leicester.
Thanks for a rack of fabulous recent times & starting today we will have plenty more.
I love being a Rovers fan.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dknward2

• VSC Member
Re: A Message to JR
« Reply #1 on April 07, 2012, 10:37:03 am by dknward2 »
2nd

Got a feeling if we do go down we will be challenging for the top six if not top two

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 07, 2012, 10:43:19 am by Filo »
We have to take heart from what Newcastle did, all be it on a smaller scale, they were relegated from the Premiership, things were in turmoil at the club when they were relegated, they managed to bounce back, we rubbed shoulders with them and now they are challenging for a Champions league place, a step backwards gave them a platform to take a giant leap forwards!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 07, 2012, 10:47:21 am by bobjimwilly »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=231942
We have to take heart from what Newcastle did, all be it on a smaller scale, they were relegated from the Premiership, things were in turmoil at the club when they were relegated, they managed to bounce back, we rubbed shoulders with them and now they are challenging for a Champions league place, a step backwards gave them a platform to take a giant leap forwards!

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Dimples-D

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 07, 2012, 11:14:43 am by Dimples-D »
Great post Albert lad..:thumbsup:

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #5 on April 07, 2012, 06:41:53 pm by Rovin Reporter »
Cheers J/R you restored my faith in the Rovers.
But you ONLY lit up the truth , that no matter how hard you try or how much you care the plans of millionaires and the dreams of supporters will come crashing down without and end product  It's a plain truth the fans are the last to know .
Why were even trying to play at a higher level when the Board clearly would not sanction the investment REALY needed just to keep up with other teams .
 We do not have the fan base to grow without getting the message over first. Money should have been allocated like a politician would , by constantly selling the message , IT NEVER GOT OUT TO THE MASSES.
We never should have bought Sharp when we needed a sound defender of the ability of Shackell  Mill, etc a million would have bought several potential strikers , so our defeat at Reading  proved that point when we threw away a 1-3 advantage and lost 4-3. . J/R you are on record that you  said that SO'D would have got Rovers relegated by XMAS .. did you really think that matters when it was not him that got Rovers relegated it was the board of directors . You are all successful business men you fail to see the what can be achieved by indulging in the bigger picture , yet you ask thousands of hard working individuals to lay aside their well earned cash and keep faith in your vision,  It is now apparent that if you could not persuade your directors to keep with the vision you have absolutely no chance now of persuading long term stay away to return , and now that the board has shown it's true colours and abandoned the club to it's fate .I have however renewed my ticket for next season , but i would start by getting ready for the flack you have coming by getting your message about the future out NOW before you end up loosing next seasons ticket holders .RTID

TinyPortal © 2005-2012