Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 08:05:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Saunders out!  (Read 8160 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: Saunders out!
« Reply #60 on April 07, 2012, 08:23:05 pm by The Red Baron »
Quote from: \"WBDRFC\" post=232214
Quote from: \"The Red Baron\" post=232210
Quote from: \"WBDRFC\" post=232200
Quote from: \"Red wizard\" post=232199
Quote from: \"WBDRFC\" post=232197
Quote from: \"hoolahoop\" post=232192
Can I be your assistant RB.......massive clearout required . We start Tuesday ok ?

Sounds like a good plan, but where does the money come from for new players. I would love for the club to have a clearout - a season too late, but better late than never. Unless JR can find some new shareholders, we are going to struggle to have the necessary clearout.
We won't be able to get rid of every player but there is going to be 12 players or so out of contract and if and a big if any club wants anyone then you let them go if we don't want them.

Yeah, but where do new players come from?

You've never heard of free transfers and bosmans? It's then just a question of moulding them into a team that can compete in League One. Trouble is, I don't think the current manager can do it.

Relying on freebies and loans is what has got us into this mess.

No it didn't. What got us into this mess was being too loyal to certain players who were past their best and not refreshing the squad. Oh, and abandoning our principles didn't help either.

Hoola- I'm very much up for it, but I'll be happy to defer to an experienced football manager who knows what he's doing.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on April 07, 2012, 08:24:26 pm by steve@dcfd »
Quote from: \"intake rover\" post=232201
why are people baNging on about odriscolls shit form during the last year. look at the players out injured, we playing players out of position all over the park and some game never had any forwards, playing a 3rd eleven in some games. you only have to look at the team we put out at nowrich and we got a point. so please don't compare odriscoll with the prick in charge at the moment, :rtid:

The team we played today and subs are better than Sean finished last year. Dean been given a chance he has had 32 games, he has been given McKay players we are no better. So now the directors have gone, now VSC directors have gone who is going to tell JR the home truths, he picked the wrong manager when he sacked Sean. You have to learn JR when you make impulsive decisions they can go wrong, this has gone wrong. He blames the first seven games every time he is interviewed, he says we have not a good header of the ball in defence, why as he not put it right. Beye is not a good header, so with McKays contacts why have we not brought in this type of player. Why as Dean not got his group of players to play as a team that's his job. At the end of the season sack him John and bring a manager who can make sure we can compete in league one. Also John make sure we have the players who can compete. Or if you cannot afford the finance to do that then be honest with your supporters, do it early if want more season ticket holders. Keeping  Dean is not an option. So John if you believe this manager is the man to steady the ship and not see us sink further that's your choice you pay the money, but I believe your supporters will reduce next season and the team will go further down with Dean in charge.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on April 07, 2012, 08:27:11 pm by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"The Red Baron\" post=232227
Quote from: \"WBDRFC\" post=232214
Quote from: \"The Red Baron\" post=232210
Quote from: \"WBDRFC\" post=232200
Quote from: \"Red wizard\" post=232199
Quote from: \"WBDRFC\" post=232197
Quote from: \"hoolahoop\" post=232192
Can I be your assistant RB.......massive clearout required . We start Tuesday ok ?

Sounds like a good plan, but where does the money come from for new players. I would love for the club to have a clearout - a season too late, but better late than never. Unless JR can find some new shareholders, we are going to struggle to have the necessary clearout.
We won't be able to get rid of every player but there is going to be 12 players or so out of contract and if and a big if any club wants anyone then you let them go if we don't want them.

Yeah, but where do new players come from?

You've never heard of free transfers and bosmans? It's then just a question of moulding them into a team that can compete in League One. Trouble is, I don't think the current manager can do it.

Relying on freebies and loans is what has got us into this mess.

No it didn't. What got us into this mess was being too loyal to certain players who were past their best and not refreshing the squad. Oh, and abandoning our principles didn't help either.

Hoola- I'm very much up for it, but I'll be happy to defer to an experienced football manager who knows what he's doing.

I got Rovers to the Premiership in each of the Football Managers since 2007, admittedly the 2006 was a total disaster, top of the league, 34 games won on the bounce and my PC got injured and our for 3 months, by which time 2007 was released...

WBDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on April 07, 2012, 08:32:31 pm by WBDRFC »
Some people on here make the point that the team has been refreshed - only 5 of today's team were SO'Ds players. The rest were freebies and a couple of loan players. So those freebies have been successful?

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on April 07, 2012, 08:35:36 pm by donnyroversfc »
I took over a Cheltenham side that was favourite for relegation in lg1 and turned them into 2x Champs league winners 4x Fa cup and League cup winners 2x Community shield 1x Premier League winners so i'd like to throw my hat into the ring.

Ironically i did all that by signing cheap foreign players and relying on a few good loans from spain and France (i got Barca and PSG as parent clubs)...

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on April 07, 2012, 08:41:00 pm by vaya »
Quote from: \"WBDRFC\" post=232231
Some people on here make the point that the team has been refreshed - only 5 of today's team were SO'Ds players. The rest were freebies and a couple of loan players. So those freebies have been successful?

Those 5 weren't SOD players.

WBDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on April 07, 2012, 08:45:22 pm by WBDRFC »
Quote from: \"vaya\" post=232236

???

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on April 07, 2012, 08:47:14 pm by vaya »
Quote from: \"WBDRFC\" post=232240

???

Lockwood and Coppinger were both signed by Penney, as I suppose was Brown.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on April 07, 2012, 08:47:43 pm by Donnybax »
please leave at the end of the season Dean i hope theres a clause in his contract about relegation but im living in dream land as i know there will not be one

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on April 07, 2012, 08:49:23 pm by Red wizard »
Tbh we have brought in freebies every year. Bar the odd player.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on April 07, 2012, 08:49:27 pm by donnyroversfc »
Unless there is massive demonstrations from fans (which i doubt, nor do i want to see) then DS will be in charge next season.

WBDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on April 07, 2012, 08:50:51 pm by WBDRFC »
Quote from: \"vaya\" post=232241
Quote from: \"WBDRFC\" post=232240

???

Lockwood and Coppinger were both signed by Penney, as I suppose was Brown.

Who said anything about who signed them? I was making the point they were part of SO'Ds squad that Saunders inherited.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on April 07, 2012, 08:52:55 pm by drfc1951 »
Whos going to pay any compensation if JRsacks Saunders,do you all expect JR to put his hands in his pocket again?
Or have any of you got a few hundred grand?

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on April 07, 2012, 09:01:32 pm by Red wizard »
Quote from: \"drfc1951\" post=232247
Whos going to pay any compensation if JRsacks Saunders,do you all expect JR to put his hands in his pocket again?
So what do we do then? Leave him in charge and wait until he loses a few games at the start of next season? Did you see the fans today? What will it be like on monday when we are at home and we go 1-0 down? No matter what happens we will be bringing in a high number of players in the summer and they will take time to gel. The fans will give a bit of time for a new manager but they will be after Deano from day 1. For me that is why he has to go.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on April 07, 2012, 09:05:33 pm by Donnybax »

does that not make the 3 year deal a bit silly? Surely end of season with option to extend would have been a better idea?

pubteam

« Reply #75 on April 07, 2012, 09:17:18 pm by pubteam »
Quote from: \"Donnybax\" post=232250

does that not make the 3 year deal a bit silly? Surely end of season with option to extend would have been a better idea?

I get the feeling it wasn't JR's decision to give him a 3 year contract.

If you watch the DS press conference on RoversPlayer from the day he was appointed, JR had to ask Dave Morris to confirm the length of the deal when he was asked.

donnygreenjeans

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on April 07, 2012, 10:13:54 pm by donnygreenjeans »
Quote from: \"steve@dcfd\" post=232228
Quote from: \"intake rover\" post=232201
why are people baNging on about odriscolls shit form during the last year. look at the players out injured, we playing players out of position all over the park and some game never had any forwards, playing a 3rd eleven in some games. you only have to look at the team we put out at nowrich and we got a point. so please don't compare odriscoll with the prick in charge at the moment, :rtid:

The team we played today and subs are better than Sean finished last year. Dean been given a chance he has had 32 games, he has been given McKay players we are no better. So now the directors have gone, now VSC directors have gone who is going to tell JR the home truths, he picked the wrong manager when he sacked Sean. You have to learn JR when you make impulsive decisions they can go wrong, this has gone wrong. He blames the first seven games every time he is interviewed, he says we have not a good header of the ball in defence, why as he not put it right. Beye is not a good header, so with McKays contacts why have we not brought in this type of player. Why as Dean not got his group of players to play as a team that's his job. At the end of the season sack him John and bring a manager who can make sure we can compete in league one. Also John make sure we have the players who can compete. Or if you cannot afford the finance to do that then be honest with your supporters, do it early if want more season ticket holders. Keeping  Dean is not an option. So John if you believe this manager is the man to steady the ship and not see us sink further that's your choice you pay the money, but I believe your supporters will reduce next season and the team will go further down with Dean in charge.

The most sensible post i've read in ages

TinyPortal © 2005-2012