Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 04:30:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: When did you realise we were down??  (Read 5392 times)

wilko_rover

Re: When did you realise we were down??
« Reply #30 on April 08, 2012, 10:09:00 pm by wilko_rover »
we were going down before the season had even begun. S.O.D. admitted as much so what confidence did that give to the team?????????? the fact J.R replaced him with a worse manager in saunders is irrelevant.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 08, 2012, 10:51:41 pm by Mr1Croft »
we were going down before the season had even begun. S.O.D. admitted as much so what confidence did that give to the team?????????? the fact J.R replaced him with a worse manager in saunders is irrelevant.

Can you find the reference where SOD said that?

According to John Ryan that is what SOD said but according to SOD's statement via LMA he said that he was sure up untill getting sacked that we would survive.

Edit: here is what SOD said:

When I was appointed manager, Doncaster were firmly rooted in League 1 and promotion to the Championship seemed an unlikely ambition.  However the Club is now in its fourth consecutive season in the Championship and had established itself as a Championship side.  Despite a tough start to this campaign and in spite of losing some key players through injury, most notably striker Billy Sharp, I saw no reason to believe that the Club would not retain its status.

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/news/news-6937.html
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 10:54:43 pm by Mr1Croft »

wilko_rover

« Reply #32 on April 08, 2012, 11:03:27 pm by wilko_rover »
what S.O.D said publicly and what S.O.D said behind closed doors are two different things.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 08, 2012, 11:09:16 pm by Mr1Croft »
what S.O.D said publicly and what S.O.D said behind closed doors are two different things.

But there is no evidence what so ever to support whether SOD actually said that. In fact there is no evidence to say that what SOD says publicly and behind closed doors are two different things either.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 08, 2012, 11:10:56 pm by Chris »

How do you know what O'Driscoll said behind closed doors?

wilko_rover

« Reply #35 on April 08, 2012, 11:12:04 pm by wilko_rover »
there is no evidence to prove a lot of things are said behind closed doors but they still happen.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 08, 2012, 11:14:41 pm by Mr1Croft »
there is no evidence to prove a lot of things are said behind closed doors but they still happen.

And while no evidence exists they are just rumours...

wilko_rover

« Reply #37 on April 08, 2012, 11:16:48 pm by wilko_rover »
unless you hear it with your own ears then it becomes fact!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 08, 2012, 11:18:41 pm by Chris »

Is this when you claim to be 'in the know'? Word of advice: that convinces nobody.

wilko_rover

« Reply #39 on April 08, 2012, 11:20:20 pm by wilko_rover »
there are plenty of things that i know about our club that others dont. see my other topic.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 08, 2012, 11:22:27 pm by Mr1Croft »

So you are saying you heard SOD say this? I am not doubting your knowledge, I am in no position to jump to any conclusion. However on a forum where people discuss the difference between fact and opinon is a fact is a piece of knowledge that has evidence to support it.

Unless of course you are a student of the Ancient Greek Plato...

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on April 08, 2012, 11:48:53 pm by Superspy »

Could the same not be said for JR?

Meanwhile, there have been several times this season where I've come away from a game saying "That's it, we're down!", but I think the game where I actually "knew" it was Derby at home.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 09, 2012, 11:13:52 am by drfcsteve »
I realised we were down as soon as we sacked Sean and my posts from around that time prove that I'm not just saying it now.

He was the only manager who could keep us in this division with the lowest budget in the Championship, he'd done it for 3 years in a row with a lot worse players than Dean has had at his disposal.

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on April 09, 2012, 12:47:34 pm by Rovers Return »
O'Driscoll's last match at Reading when we lost 0-2. We were awful. As someone has said further up, it makes it worse with what has happened at the club since the match I mention.

Talking to a Reading fan on the way out he asked me what I thought and my response was "We are down".

TinyPortal © 2005-2012