Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 06:42:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Why was Robert dropped?  (Read 1136 times)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Why was Robert dropped?
« on April 08, 2012, 07:33:46 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Just baffling that was. Clear motm last week and dropped quicker than a tame cross at Ikeme. I'm running out of patience with Saunders some real strange decisions.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
Re: Why was Robert dropped?
« Reply #1 on April 08, 2012, 08:05:38 pm by CusworthRovers »
Good question. We've had players dropped when it seems to us, that there is no reason too.

Equally, the only time we've shown any sort of consistency or a pattern that looked familiar to the fans was a couple of games with Fortune/Sharp and the Forest/W Ham/Reading games.
The Fortune departure was unavoidable, but that's the beauty of this system and why it will always struggle
The 2nd run of games seemed to have no reason or logic from that mini run and then onto the debacles of Derby and Millwall. For whatever reason the 3 good games I saw were a million miles differently tactically to the next 2 crucial ones.

The only thing I've cried out for this season (my opinion and for me) is some form of recognition of what we're trying to do on the pitch ie you can see it and it be consistently there. Sadly under Deano, that's been lacking massively...........and that may not necessarily be all Deano's fault 

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 08, 2012, 08:07:58 pm by donnyroversfc »
Why was Hird dropped for 1 mistake yet Habib Beye makes a few goal costing mistakes and stays in the team.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 08, 2012, 08:12:09 pm by Red wizard »
To be honest with you dropping Robert was the final straw for me. Strange one to say the least, but when you look back through the season there has been many instances like this. Hird,Bagayoko dropped for Piqq to name a few.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 09, 2012, 11:10:39 am by RobTheRover »
The dropping of Robert can only have been for tactical reasons, although I'm not convinced what they were.  At a guess, could his lack of height be an issue against a big Leicester side (Wellens apart)?

I'm clutching at straws here.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 09, 2012, 11:15:07 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Rob that was my first thought but at the game to me it was clear that they were struggling with pace from Piquionne.  Brown was the obvious striker replacment but I still didn't understand why Diouf was replaced by Stock, that was the change to get Robert on surely?  Very strange decisions IMO.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 09, 2012, 12:17:49 pm by glosterred »
Could he have been rested for a more important game today?  Or was it just another tactical blunder?

:scarf:

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 09, 2012, 12:20:22 pm by donnyroversfc »
No way was he rested for a more important game... I'd say he probably took a knock in training.

I've heard some good things about his 100 or so minutes that he's played for us so today, hopefully he plays and i get to see what all the fuss is about.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012