Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 08:10:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: News: Donny Sweat Over Piquionne  (Read 1842 times)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
News: Donny Sweat Over Piquionne
« on April 08, 2012, 08:20:40 pm by Mr1Croft »
On-loan West Ham striker Frederic Piquionne is a major injury doubt for Doncaster's vital npower Championship clash with Burnley.
Piquionne hobbled out of Saturday's 4-0 defeat at Leicester with a calf injury, meaning Chris Brown could make his first start since August having come on in the Frenchman's place.

Fellow forward El-Hadji Diouf was withdrawn at half-time at the King Power Stadium after suffering a knock to his leg and will be assessed before kick-off.

Brian Stock came on in Diouf's place and is pushing for a start in midfield following a spell on the sidelines with a torn groin muscle.

Boss Dean Saunders must decide whether to retain Habib Beye in defence as the former Newcastle man is playing through the pain of an ankle complaint, while midfielder Martin Woods (knee) and forward Habib Bamogo (hamstring) remain out.

Rovers are eight points adrift of safety at the foot of the Championship table.

For original source click http://www.eatsleepsport.com/doncaster-rovers/donny-sweat-over-piquionne-1410416.html#.T4Hky_tYvD8

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wilko_rover

Re: News: Donny Sweat Over Piquionne
« Reply #1 on April 08, 2012, 10:03:55 pm by wilko_rover »
lets hope he isn't fit enough to play. apart from his goal against forrest he's been absolutely terrible. the worst striker to play for us this season.

RTID_Peter

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 08, 2012, 10:26:08 pm by RTID_Peter »
not disagreeing with your opinion but would you rather have hayter who has scored one goal in the league as far as i am aware ( yes i know he tries ) and brown who should have really scored at least 1 yesterday . Piquionne's movement for the twenty min he was on yesterday was causing leicester's defence all sorts of problems

wilko_rover

« Reply #3 on April 08, 2012, 10:42:29 pm by wilko_rover »
i'd rather have hayter. he may not be a natural goal scorer but he will put a shift in and give the impression he actually cares. if picquionne was any good he would still be at west ham.

lets hope we can go down with some dignity instead of rolling over and letting the opposition batter us like yesterday.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 08, 2012, 11:43:41 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Fred and Diouf by far the best players on pitch yesterday and totally folded after they went off injuried

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 09, 2012, 03:54:04 am by RobTheRover »
Hmmm, he just looks a bit to disinterested for me.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 09, 2012, 05:37:01 am by RedJ »
I don't think he's disinterested, I think it's that he thinks 2 yards quicker than the players round him (I assume you mean Diouf) and he's frustrated that they don't think at the same speed as him. I think that's what leads to some of his petulance at times too.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 09, 2012, 08:16:00 am by The Red Baron »
Fred and Diouf by far the best players on pitch yesterday and totally folded after they went off injuried

I think the loss of Diouf made a big difference, because we were no longer a threat to Leicester (although the 2nd goal was the killer moment). Piquionne- we created as many chances after he went off as when he was on.

What's happened to Bagayoko? At least he looked interested, unlike Freddie.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 09, 2012, 11:20:28 am by jonnydog »
Pic ALWAYS looks disinterested to me. Just seems to mooch about and not get stuck in, I have to say he's one of the few of the shop-windows who do appear this way. No complaints about any of the others contribution on general.

... apart from Illunga who I have never rated.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 09, 2012, 11:25:03 am by Barmby Rover »
Brown and Hayter up front today, then at least DS has some players to blame because we can't score.   :sick:  :(

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 09, 2012, 11:28:05 am by mushRTID »
I like what's been done with the title here, adding "piquionne" and "sweat" together in an ironic kind of way.

Good work.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 09, 2012, 12:42:18 pm by donnyroversfc »
I like what's been done with the title here, adding "piquionne" and "sweat" together in an ironic kind of way.

Good work.

Haha! My thoughts exactly :D

He might not be a 'big name' but i promise you one thing, Billy Kee would put 100x more effort into a game than Piquionne!

MartinB

« Reply #12 on April 09, 2012, 02:14:05 pm by MartinB »
Title should read: Piquionne sweats over Doncaster?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012