Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 05:01:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: When all is said and done....  (Read 1000 times)

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
When all is said and done....
« on April 08, 2012, 10:11:27 pm by Lincoln Rover »
When our tiny but dearly beloved team drops on loan to division one in the very near future, does it REALLY matter?
I like many on this forum have been a very loyal supporter and WILL remain so, whatever division the greatest team on this tiny planet are in. When the whistle went on Saturday at full time I stood and applauded my heroes off the pitch.These are the players who have made me smile, cry, debate, take many days holiday, go without sleep and make me proud to be a fan of Donny Rovers.I know I am not alone I watched others applaud off their heroes despite a thrashing.
Let's not go too much over the where we have come from etc.I travel surprise surprise a mere ninety mins for home games usually off nights with little or no sleep.IF we went back to old dark dark days of very small crowds, poor results, OUR team will still be here wearing those proud proud shirts, which lets face it we would love to wear and play for  OUR team.
I for one will always follow Donny Rovers till the day I die.NOWis the time for true fans to remain loyal take several deep breaths and let JR, the fans chair sort it out.
Notts county, Yeovil, Torquay, the first round of the FA Cup plus the JP trophy face us.Lets not turn away and get despondent now.If you want to support a team that wins almost every week then go and watch Man Utd.The last forty plus years I wouldn't alter in terms of DRFC and the last ten...... Wow.
Are you a true Rover?
Considering this is my first post I do NOT want to be controversial or call anyone's loyalty into question.I simply want to share my thoughts with others on this forum.
RTID

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
Re: When all is said and done....
« Reply #1 on April 08, 2012, 10:19:46 pm by Mr1Croft »
Welcome aboard and I share your views. League one is far from the end of the world.

That said just because I love our team doesn't mean I won't express my concern when it is necessary. My problem is not relegation, my problem is in which the matter we are being relegated. Week after week of a team that shows little fighting spirit, the same excuses from a manager and some fans who brand anyone Anti JR when they speak against our manager or business model.

I don't ask for much from the players who don the hoops; passion and fight, if they are displayed I go home happy...

hydie

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 09, 2012, 09:09:52 am by hydie »
rovers till i die no matter what league we are in the last 10 years have been magnificent no team since the premier league started has been more sucessfull on money available so lets get behind the team not just when times are good but all the time support your local team for ever rtid

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 09, 2012, 09:31:21 am by CJK »
Another to add to the travelling Rovers Imps. Where are you from pal?

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 09, 2012, 03:49:08 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Metheringham. What about you?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012