Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 04:51:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: What rumours have you heard then?  (Read 16609 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
What rumours have you heard then?
« on April 09, 2012, 05:32:58 pm by Filo »
I`ll start it off, I`ve heard the foreign legion have walked out after Ikeme got a bollocking in training for the 2nd Leicester goal

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: What rumours have you heard then?
« Reply #1 on April 09, 2012, 05:45:38 pm by RedJ »
I heard they were all sent packing too. I also heard something about Tommy buggering off to Baaahnsleh, SM (I think it was him) hinted at something like this a few weeks back so that might not be that wrong. (sorry if the second part should be in the rumours bit)

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 09, 2012, 05:49:19 pm by ScillyRover »
Iv'e heard certain troops of the 'foreign legion' were on a clubbing night out last night and come the end of the evening asked if there was any chance of a 'lock-in'.
The proprietor ( a Rovers fan) duly obliged and then threw away the key  ... and they're still there !  ;)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 09, 2012, 05:49:34 pm by RobTheRover »
I heard the lino on the west stand side had a good game for once today.

Nah, that's just too ridiculous to believe.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 09, 2012, 05:59:04 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Well Saunders says they're all injured, hmmm I don't buy into that if I'm honest.  Big co-incidence if you ask me how it's all the newer players.

Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 09, 2012, 06:00:30 pm by Red Rover »
They can all royally do one! And take Deano and Willie whilst they're at it.

Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 09, 2012, 06:01:39 pm by Red Rover »
Well Saunders says they're all injured, hmmm I don't buy into that if I'm honest.  Big co-incidence if you ask me how it's all the newer players.

He just will not criticise any of McKay's men, why didn't he say they were all horse-shit against Leiecester and be a man about it!

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 09, 2012, 06:04:59 pm by donnyroversfc »
McKay was surprisingly absent from todays game too... Robert seemed like he didn't even want to be at his post match presentation either.

Tbf though i liked Robert today, leightweight but a good footballer.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 09, 2012, 06:05:58 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Mckay was at the game wasn't he?

wilko_rover

« Reply #9 on April 09, 2012, 06:09:58 pm by wilko_rover »
mckay was in the box about two rows behind me. he looked more miserable than usual but he was deffinitely there.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 09, 2012, 06:12:44 pm by donnyroversfc »
I'm 100% sure he wasn't in the restaurant part today... Tbh though JR's car was parked outside the ground and i never saw him either...

They are all low profile. Distancing themselves from the club. I wonder why...

wilko_rover

« Reply #11 on April 09, 2012, 06:20:36 pm by wilko_rover »
he disappeared into the restraunt after burnley 2nd went in

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 09, 2012, 06:21:03 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I'm 100% sure he wasn't in the restaurant part today... Tbh though JR's car was parked outside the ground and i never saw him either...

Perhaps it's you they're distancing themselves from? ;)

Tazemma

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 09, 2012, 06:21:43 pm by Tazemma »
 Big rumour but maybe the management accepted relegation after the defeat at Leicester and are using the remaining games to decide on a few players who are out of contract for next season. They may also be looking at the basis of our starting eleven for next season and see where we need to improve for league one.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 09, 2012, 06:34:20 pm by donnyroversfc »

Perhaps it's you they're distancing themselves from? ;)
Maybe :p

Seriously though i went there with the intention of speaking to them (and telling them exactly what i feel) and didn't see any of them.

I got my complimentary programme, looed at the squad and Damien Plessis hasn't even got a photo! Haha, does he even exist?

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 09, 2012, 07:14:20 pm by ditch_drfc »
Mackay was definitely at the match, I saw him several times. In fact, I walked out the ground just infront of him.

Soon after I got the teamsheet I heard of the rumours that had been swirling around, something about the foreign contingent leaving en masse. Given that I saw Chimbonda and Illunga in a box with Mackay, I don't believe that for a second.

donnyroversfc, how come you were in hospitality?

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 09, 2012, 07:22:14 pm by donnyroversfc »
Mackay was definitely at the match, I saw him several times. In fact, I walked out the ground just infront of him.

Soon after I got the teamsheet I heard of the rumours that had been swirling around, something about the foreign contingent leaving en masse. Given that I saw Chimbonda and Illunga in a box with Mackay, I don't believe that for a second.

donnyroversfc, how come you were in

hospitality?

Through my mates work. 4 of us went,

My mate got 4 tickets through work, wouldn't have gone otherwise.  Was a catch up with a few of my mates, enjoyed it just disappointed i didn't see McKay or the players lol.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 10, 2012, 10:07:22 am by eastender »
As anybody heard the one about the away end being Mothballed next season ?.

Apparently they're going to put the away fans in the East stand like they did at the Leeds game.

If this is true then i will probably be getting a phone call in a month or two asking me to move seats , i will keep you posted.   :unsure:

RTID

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 10, 2012, 12:11:01 pm by inSODwetrust »
I've heard a rumour that we have three new players, they are called, Damien Plessis, Rachid Bouhenna and Lamine Diatta. People who are closely involved with DRFC have said they are very good for team morale as they always lose at darts, pool and table tennis.

Also, Habib Bamogo is slowly learning that when the fourth official raises the board with the number 45 on it, it his time for him too exit the field.

Finally, Mamadouthelump Bagayoko is slowly but surely learning to count up to number 49, and again when he sees this on the fourth officials board, it is time for him to leave the pitch.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 10, 2012, 05:24:42 pm by RedJ »
I've heard a rumour that we have three new players, they are called, Damien Plessis, Rachid Bouhenna and Lamine Diatta. People who are closely involved with DRFC have said they are very good for team morale as they always lose at darts, pool and table tennis.

Also, Habib Bamogo is slowly learning that when the fourth official raises the board with the number 45 on it, it his time for him too exit the field.

Finally, Mamadouthelump Bagayoko is slowly but surely learning to count up to number 49, and again when he sees this on the fourth officials board, it is time for him to leave the pitch.

It was Bagayoko that didn't realise he was being taken off, not Bamogo.

I heard Green was in the ground yesterday, anyone else catch wind of that?

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 10, 2012, 05:28:43 pm by donnyroversfc »

Well he was in the Derby team V Leeds at the same time as our game so i'd say that rumour is untrue.

pubteam

« Reply #21 on April 10, 2012, 05:29:04 pm by pubteam »

Green who?

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 10, 2012, 05:34:14 pm by The L J Monk »
Green who?

I can confirm it was Reverend Green.

I saw him in the Billiard Room with a lead pipe.

pubteam

« Reply #23 on April 10, 2012, 05:37:03 pm by pubteam »
Green who?

Had he been beating EHD, Piquionne and Ikeme up with it?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 10, 2012, 05:37:28 pm by RedJ »

Well he was in the Derby team V Leeds at the same time as our game so i'd say that rumour is untrue.

fair enough, just going by what I've heard, can't see him coming back here anyway so that was always doubtful

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 10, 2012, 05:43:26 pm by Filo »
Green who?

Is that why Saunders was referring to snookers?

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 10, 2012, 07:38:09 pm by inSODwetrust »
Green who?

Had he been beating EHD, Piquionne and Ikeme up with it?

I bet Ikeme left his legs open and took a swift one in the b******s

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 11, 2012, 12:51:39 pm by donnyroversfc »
Been thinking about this and i'm not sure they'd walk out just because Carl Ikeme got some criticism... I could maybe understand if it was Ilunga/Chimbonda because they all seem close knit and good friends, but not Ikeme.

Rumours are good for speculation and if it is true that they walked out i'd say maybe its because Saunders has had enough, told them a few home truths and they've walked out on the club.

I wouldn't be surprised if Saunders has had enough of the 'experiment' now and just wants rid of it so he can get on with doing his own job how he wants. He's probably upset/angry at the criticism he's recieving and maybe see's Diouf's antics especially (telling him to sub players, nightclubbing etc.) as not helping his cause.

No way can i believe its to do with any criticism Ikeme may have recieved.

Or maybe there was no walk out and they are all actually injured.

Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 11, 2012, 01:34:14 pm by Red Rover »
Either that or he knows hes royally f**cked up and came back to the original team with his tail between his legs (altho lying again in the interview)

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on June 01, 2012, 12:55:12 pm by eastender »
As anybody heard the one about the away end being Mothballed next season ?.

Apparently they're going to put the away fans in the East stand like they did at the Leeds game.

If this is true then i will probably be getting a phone call in a month or two asking me to move seats , i will keep you posted.   :unsure:

I posted this on the 10th April ....... and guess what I've just had a phone call from the ticket office telling me that i have to move as they are closing that block down, no explanation why.

Read what you  want into that , but it sounds  like i was right and the away fans will indeed be in the East stand  next season , so much for the atmosphere .
 Though it does make economical sense  as far as the club are concerned as they will save a lot of money by closing the North stand.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012