Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 07:31:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Next season  (Read 12528 times)

BobG

• VSC Member
Re: Next season
« Reply #60 on April 09, 2012, 11:05:18 pm by BobG »
Like I said Dickos. You can take a horse....

When you stop thinking with your emotions you'll come to much sounder conclusions.

And as far for slaggingoff JR - I haven't. What I have done is point out an error of judgement some time ago now that has led to where we are today. The fact that it's been compounded by back seat driving just makes it worse.

BobG

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on April 09, 2012, 11:05:46 pm by Donnybax »
Next season is going to be very tough i think we will be in a similar position to scunny. Next season is about stability i think. I also feel we may use some younger players like husband

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on April 09, 2012, 11:52:25 pm by PDX_Rover »
The reality is that football players are going to have to take pay-cuts.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on April 10, 2012, 08:40:04 am by Wellred »
After reading BobG's posts I really would like to know where he gets all his information from.
He is either a financial wizard with access to all Rovers financial dealings, including access to the petty cash receipts or he is George Osborne.
Why don't you ask to become JR's adviser Bob as you seem to think you know much more about how to run DRFC than the present chairman does?

WBDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on April 10, 2012, 02:17:42 pm by WBDRFC »
After reading BobG's posts I really would like to know where he gets all his information from.
He is either a financial wizard with access to all Rovers financial dealings, including access to the petty cash receipts or he is George Osborne.
Why don't you ask to become JR's adviser Bob as you seem to think you know much more about how to run DRFC than the present chairman does?

The club's accounts are publicly available for anyone to read, andJR has talked publicly about relegation costing £5 million a year.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on April 10, 2012, 02:45:42 pm by The Red Baron »
Our expenditure is going to fall dramatically, we currently have almost 40 professionals. Next season we will have half that, including first year pros who will be on next to nothing.. Gates won't be much different next year, therefore even with the loss in revenue from the league and tv, I think overall the balance sheet will be similar to this year..

Cloud cuckoo land Dickos. Don't you read what JR says? Even he admitted, publicly, that relegation will cost the club 5 million quid next season. So exactly how is the balance sheet going to look similar - although actually it shoyld be the P&L statement?

And if you are implying that we will have less players, fine. But guess which ones will stay?! Only the cheap ones. So say goodbye to pretty well all of Spurr, Copps, Stock, Friend, JOC,  Hird and plenty plenty more. And guess who will replace them???  Yes. Right.

BobG

BobG

Bob- if what you say is true, then we'll be back in the Conference (or Blue Square Premier as it is now) within three years. Unless we go into liquidation first, of course.

Is there any truth in a rumour I heard that JR (and presumably the other main shareholders) is considering putting the club up for sale? As we know, if that happens we could go one of two ways, of course.

vietaff

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on April 10, 2012, 02:51:02 pm by vietaff »
Oh please lads....

Before talking about who we need to 'bring in', use your minds to work out how the Rovers are going to deal with this?

- the two main financial backers have gone
- the anticipated loss on current account htis season is between 3 million and 4 million
- the loss of revenue next season will be 5 million (John's words)
- the total loss to be bridged next season is approaching 9 million
- the club turnover is around 14 million. So the loss to be covered is 64% of turnover.

This club is more than technically bankrupt. It's a basket case. John, on his own, cannot cover that. The banks will be nervous now too seeing the main backers leave - so they won't be helping out. Therefore, there is only one way this club can go - unless one of you can find either a fairy godmother, a sheikh or an oligarch. Anything else is pie in the sky.

BobG

Anybody fancy doing a Euromillions Syndicate, £6 a week in the pot per member, that way when its won then the winnings can be invested into the yearly running of DRFC. Just a thought   :boxing:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012