Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 04:38:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Copps doesnt like the Mckay plan  (Read 9186 times)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Copps doesnt like the Mckay plan
« on April 10, 2012, 01:26:06 pm by Dare to dream! »
James Coppinger‏@copster26
Can't believe what's gone on this season.!feels like a nightmare and I m going to wake up. #ifonlyitwas #devastated

Surley he is reffering to the influx of foreign players coming in. How can you have a plan when the old players that are more important than those coming in on short term deals dont agree or support it? Im sure most of the old guard like Copps dont agree with it either

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
Re: Copps doesnt like the Mckay plan
« Reply #1 on April 10, 2012, 01:43:53 pm by donnyroversfc »
We're bottom of the league thats why it feels like a nightmare.

I agree there will be a few players unhappy with the McKay plan (can we call it that, is it really a 'plan'?) they are not going to come out in public and say it though are they!

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 10, 2012, 01:44:55 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
"Surely"?

More likely that he meant far more than the McKay whatsit. Injuries, BS leaving, management changes, directors leaving, relegation etc etc

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 10, 2012, 02:06:07 pm by mushRTID »
"Surely"?

More likely that he meant far more than the McKay whatsit. Injuries, BS leaving, management changes, directors leaving, relegation etc etc

Can we please stop the relegation talk, the negativity on here is unbelievable.

Do none of you know Bradford once stayed up through a David Wetherall goal?

MartinB

« Reply #4 on April 10, 2012, 02:07:28 pm by MartinB »
David Wetherall doesn't play for us.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 10, 2012, 02:08:28 pm by donnyroversfc »
Wouldn't be too bad if he did though, he'd still be faster than Adam Lockwood.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 10, 2012, 02:13:19 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
James Coppinger‏@copster26
Can't believe what's gone on this season.!feels like a nightmare and I m going to wake up. #ifonlyitwas #devastated

Surley he is reffering to the influx of foreign players coming in. How can you have a plan when the old players that are more important than those coming in on short term deals dont agree or support it? Im sure most of the old guard like Copps dont agree with it either

Hmm...you're like one of those American TV evanglists who wave the Bible about and say 'What God MEANT to say was...' and then spout their own opinion...

You have zero evidence to presume that your interpretation is anywhere near what Copps is feeling.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 10, 2012, 02:49:25 pm by RobTheRover »
I agree. Copps is probably more gutted that his words have been taken to fit someone elses agenda. 

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 10, 2012, 02:51:47 pm by Wild Rover »
I will ask him, only lives 30mts away.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 10, 2012, 02:52:26 pm by mjdgreg »
Take it from me that none of the old guard were for the McKay plan. They all thought Saunders was clueless. It got to such a point that Saunders virtually handed over responsibility for strategy and team selection when we played well and beat Barnsley to an unnamed player (I know who it is but don't want to cause him any grief).

dijit8

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 10, 2012, 02:54:16 pm by dijit8 »

Do none of you know Bradford once stayed up through a David Wetherall goal?
[/quote]

But that was from a corner, we don't score from corners

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 10, 2012, 02:55:39 pm by dickos1 »
Take it from me that none of the old guard were for the McKay plan. They all thought Saunders was clueless. It got to such a point that Saunders virtually handed over responsibility for strategy and team selection when we played well and beat Barnsley to an unnamed player (I know who it is but don't want to cause him any grief).

Stop talking utter b*llocks over and over again

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 10, 2012, 03:13:46 pm by Chris Black come back »

Was that player John Oster?

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 10, 2012, 03:29:40 pm by Wild Rover »

Just a few things stand out in your statement.  The words THOUGHT, WAS, VIRTUALLY,UNNAMED and  WANT. I am seeing things there that do not back up what you are saying. I tell you what, when i ask Copps whats what, he will tell me, and i will post here.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 10, 2012, 03:31:07 pm by ditch_drfc »

Take it from you? Why exactly are we supposed to believe that you know anything? Let me guess, you're John Oster's sister's, friends, dad's, sisters friend?

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 10, 2012, 03:39:06 pm by donnyroversfc »
He's a business partner of John Oster. When John realised how succesful he'd been he got on the phone right away to invest in his company.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 10, 2012, 03:41:20 pm by Wellred »
We really do have a unique set of fans. Now I find that some of them can even read minds!!
What are we going to have next?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 10, 2012, 03:42:57 pm by Filo »

Take it from you? Why exactly are we supposed to believe that you know anything? Let me guess, you're John Oster's sister's, friends, dad's, sisters friend?

I think Alf told him over a game of snooker in Wheatley club

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 10, 2012, 04:05:13 pm by mjdgreg »
I tell you what, when i ask Copps whats what, he will tell me, and i will post here.

Yes I'm sure he will. Get real. There's no way he'll tell you the truth of the situation while ever he is under contract at the club. Feel free not to believe me if you want, it's a free world. It's no skin off my nose. Deep down though you all know it makes sense.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 10, 2012, 04:10:51 pm by donnyroversfc »
I tell you what, when i ask Copps whats what, he will tell me, and i will post here.

Yes I'm sure he will. Get real. There's no way he'll tell you the truth of the situation while ever he is under contract at the club. Feel free not to believe me if you want, it's a free world. It's no skin off my nose. Deep down though you all know it makes sense.

How could you possibly know then? If a contracted player wouldn't tell Wild Rover, why would they tell you? Are you somebody special like the Prince of Edlington or something?

Whats Simon Gillett having for his tea later, do you know? I'm guessing he'll have told you.

pubteam

« Reply #20 on April 10, 2012, 04:20:19 pm by pubteam »
Didn't Copps say a few months ago that he had no problem with the 'experiment' so long as the existing players weren't taken for granted?

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 10, 2012, 04:22:30 pm by donnyroversfc »
Didn't Copps say a few months ago that he had no problem with the 'experiment' so long as the existing players weren't taken for granted?

What people say in public and actually think behind closed doors could be totally different though. He'd be mad to speak out about it publicly if he wasn't happy about the situation.

pubteam

« Reply #22 on April 10, 2012, 04:27:14 pm by pubteam »

What people say in public and actually think behind closed doors could be totally different though. He'd be mad to speak out about it publicly if he wasn't happy about the situation.

Twitter IS public.

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 10, 2012, 04:29:46 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Are you somebody special like the Prince of Edlington or something?

'Duke of Edlington' sounds a much more fitting title for the Mickster.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 10, 2012, 04:31:40 pm by donnyroversfc »

Haha! Agreed, Duke sounds much better.

WBDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 10, 2012, 04:32:50 pm by WBDRFC »

Just like when Oster picked the team and decided on tactics for the friendly in the summer (Barrow, if I remember correctly).

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 10, 2012, 05:03:46 pm by mjdgreg »
Don't be surprised if Wild Rover doesn't post his conversation with Copps. When you have insider information it is crucial that you protect your source and that the information is used at the appropriate time. Wild Rover somewhat naively thinks it's just as simple as asking Copps and he will get a straight answer that will not compromise Copps.

Hopefully he will be told on 'the quiet' and will keep the information to himself only to be used when it won't harm the player concerned. All I was doing was giving a taster of all the vitriol that is going to come out in the future. It would be better to get it all out in the open now and have done with it and move on ready for next season.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 10, 2012, 05:10:18 pm by dickos1 »
Don't be surprised if Wild Rover doesn't post his conversation with Copps. When you have insider information it is crucial that you protect your source and that the information is used at the appropriate time. Wild Rover somewhat naively thinks it's just as simple as asking Copps and he will get a straight answer that will not compromise Copps.

Hopefully he will be told on 'the quiet' and will keep the information to himself only to be used when it won't harm the player concerned. All I was doing was giving a taster of all the vitriol that is going to come out in the future. It would be better to get it all out in the open now and have done with it and move on ready for next season.

Until you have any facts, (you only deal in facts rememeber) and your ready to show them, then all your doing is trying to harm the club even more..

colin cramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 10, 2012, 06:09:14 pm by colin cramb »
i had info regarding team selection and tactics a few months ago but was destroyed on here because i wouldnt name who told me, (it was one of the players father) some people really need to get their head out of the sand........  :suicide: :boxing:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 10, 2012, 06:26:45 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Always seemed a bit of a Count to me.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012