Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 09:06:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coppinger  (Read 14061 times)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Re: Coppinger
« Reply #30 on April 14, 2012, 07:15:08 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
The truth is coming out as I expected ...

Sadly the old guard are not good enough end off hence we had to take the desperate measure.

Think we need to take the emotion out and be objective, do players like Copps are co love the club any more than the French boys?

Or they any other footballer and go to the club paying the most wages?

Think I know the answer!

I used to agree with most of what you said but i think this season has taken its toll on you and you have finally lost the plot. :saywhat:     If you think that the boys that played for Rovers today didn't care then i think you need to evaluate how you are watching the game, because I don't think you could be more wrong.

OK we will see when other Championship teams come in for our stars, whether they stay or go....love for a club? Like a say take the emotion out ...footballers like prostitutes and go to the people paying the most money !

If we kept the same players until the end of their careers, because you say that if they leave they never really cared for the club, then we'd be in the conference now playing with a team full of 30 somethings. You need to get real and stop talking out of your a*se

Dont suppose Diouf was interested when setting all those goals up and scoring them??

But hey the old guard did wonders have they not ....Oh lost again!!! Great stuff absolutely marvelous...

The reason we lost cos we are not good enough ...accept that and we may get somewhere! 

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 14, 2012, 07:20:04 pm by Arsenal Of The North »
Some heart felt tweets tonight from alot of proud DRFC fans,Means alot. Very emotional day for me and alot of the lads. #endofanera ;(

from copps twitter, hope the hashtag doesnt mean to much! im sure you all know what i mean by that! :/

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 14, 2012, 07:22:00 pm by RedJ »
I was speaking with a bloke I saw talking to Stock after he got out of his car and Stock says he wants to stop with us cos he loves it here

robchester

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 14, 2012, 07:22:49 pm by robchester »
He looked to be in tears as he came down the tunnel at the end. Overall he has not been up to his usual std this season but, was brilliant today.

he was sobbing his heart out - joc was struggling to hold it back too.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 14, 2012, 07:25:33 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Oh come off it ...

Who scored?

The only French lads ...dont tell me they added no value!
When you see players like Gary Woods who should not get into a Sunday Park team you realize why we are going down cos we are not good enough!

Were you actually at the game? Or did you miss Coppinger scoring and see how much it meant to him. Gary Woods played a blinder and made some great saves. I'm glad you don't pick the team! Like I said before you've either lost the plot or become this sites new WUM

Gary Woods played a blinder PMSL

Perhaps the most incredible statement ever made!

Without a doubt the most dodgy performance from a keeper I have ever seen...

Like i said you're talking out of your a*se if you think any of the goals today were his fault. Sorry but you're just a WUM

What about the 3rd?

He wasn't fouled before you start!

If you cant see he is liability you give women a bad name who follow the beautiful game!

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 14, 2012, 07:28:04 pm by stuey »
Oh come off it ...

Who scored?

The only French lads ...dont tell me they added no value!
When you see players like Gary Woods who should not get into a Sunday Park team you realize why we are going down cos we are not good enough!

Were you actually at the game? Or did you miss Coppinger scoring and see how much it meant to him. Gary Woods played a blinder and made some great saves. I'm glad you don't pick the team! Like I said before you've either lost the plot or become this sites new WUM

Gary Woods played a blinder PMSL

Perhaps the most incredible statement ever made!

Without a doubt the most dodgy performance from a keeper I have ever seen...

Like i said you're talking out of your a*se if you think any of the goals today were his fault. Sorry but you're just a WUM

Are you serious? First pen he just stood still, second pen was hit like a fairy, he got a hand to it and it still went in. Even sky sports said he should've saved it. He's the 2nd worst goalkeeper i've ever seen in a rovers shirt (after Mark Weaver's next door neighbour). Cant shot stop, cant catch, doesnt command his area. They are things that actually quite important to a Goalkeeper!!!!

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 14, 2012, 07:32:02 pm by Thinwhiteduke »

Sadly the old guard are not good enough end off hence we had to take the desperate measure.

Think we need to take the emotion out and be objective, do players like Copps are co love the club any more than the French boys?

Think I know the answer!

The last two Rovers performances are the best Ive seen since Saunders first arrived...with the absolute minimum of Mckay rejects in the side.

Frankly Norfolk your talking b*llocks.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 14, 2012, 07:35:54 pm by donnyroversfc »
I said after the Bank holiday monday game V Burnley which i went to that the players put in so much effort and looked like they actually cared (even Robert who was my Mom) that the result didn't matter to me. It was a season to far in the championship for a few of our players though, just wish we'd have gone down under better, less controversial and more gracefully than we have done.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on April 14, 2012, 07:39:19 pm by dickos1 »

Think I know the answer!

The last two Rovers performances are the best Ive seen since Saunders first arrived...with the absolute minimum of Mckay rejects in the side.

The McKay plan hasn't worked, but to say losing at home twice are our best 2 performances is just a joke. West ham away and forest away were our best performances along with Southampton at home..

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 14, 2012, 07:41:21 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

Think I know the answer!

The McKay plan hasn't worked, but to say losing at home twice are our best 2 performances is just a joke. West ham away and forest away were our best performances along with Southampton at home..

Sadly being insulted by posters of such low intelligence is funny .....So dont worry pal!

pubteam

« Reply #40 on April 14, 2012, 07:44:35 pm by pubteam »

Think I know the answer!

Sadly being insulted by posters of such low intelligence is funny .....So dont worry pal!

When did you insult yourself?

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 14, 2012, 07:49:44 pm by Donnybax »
jesus people how many times do i have to post this. Norfolk is always right end off!!  :woot: haha no he talks horse shite

pubteam

« Reply #42 on April 14, 2012, 07:57:47 pm by pubteam »
I was speaking with a bloke I saw talking to Stock after he got out of his car and Stock says he wants to stop with us cos he loves it here

He said that on the radio, too, did Stocky. Said he loves DRFC, and as far as he's concerned, he's got another year on his contract, so will carry on as normal regardless of relegation.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 14, 2012, 07:58:32 pm by mjdgreg »
"its hard when players are coming into the dressing room with different agendas"

"the last few years success have been built on team spirit"

"its a hard question to answer without been controversial"

I think he said all we needed to hear.

Will Dickos, Wellred, Norfolk etc now admit they were wrong about the experiment and their blind unstinting support of the 'strategy'.

Copps has confirmed today what the likes of Donnybob, madmick etc had the brains to work out from day one. I remember madmick banging on and on about team spirit and getting ridiculed for it. Just shows he knew what he was talking about unlike the people previously mentioned in this post.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 14, 2012, 08:00:10 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

Think I know the answer!

Doctor Doctor who's there?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 14, 2012, 08:01:22 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
"its hard when players are coming into the dressing room with different agendas"

"the last few years success have been built on team spirit"

"its a hard question to answer without been controversial"

I think he said all we needed to hear.

Will Dickos, Wellred, Norfolk etc now admit they were wrong about the experiment and their blind unstinting support of the 'strategy'.

Copps has confirmed today what the likes of Donnybob, madmick etc had the brains to work out from day one. I remember madmick banging on and on about team spirit and getting ridiculed for it. Just shows he knew what he was talking about unlike the people previously mentioned in this post.

Wrong when you see players like Woods in the f**king team???

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 14, 2012, 08:02:42 pm by philsky »
Stocky, Oster, Copps and Woods will pass Div 1 teams to a standstill.

Thats my opinion and i aint changing it.

RTID

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on April 14, 2012, 08:04:12 pm by Thinwhiteduke »

Think I know the answer!

Nice one...I am so glad that Norfolk (aka Martin) has the foresight of everyones IQ level on this forum.

Don't know how he finds the time to research it inbetween episodes of being spit roasted by McKay and Saunders.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on April 14, 2012, 08:08:21 pm by mjdgreg »
'The last few years success have been built on team spirit'.

The lack of team spirit is what's got us relegated. It was obvious that the McKay plan would destroy team spirit which it did. Those who were instrumental in thinking up the plan and implementing it should now be held to account. Starting with Saunders. He should go now!!!!

pubteam

« Reply #49 on April 14, 2012, 08:08:34 pm by pubteam »

Think I know the answer!

Nice one...I am so glad that Norfolk (aka Martin) has the foresight of everyones IQ level on this forum.

Don't know how he finds the time to research it inbetween episodes of being spit roasted by McKay and Saunders.

He's embarrassing himself.

There's no debate to be had any more. I was willing to give the McKay experiment a chance, but now we're relegated, it's not even up for debate. It HAS failed, and as it turns out, it HAS pissed off loyal and talented Rovers players like James Coppinger. Fair enough, G.Woods might not be good enough, but we will be significantly worse off if people like Copps, JOC and Friend decide to pack their bags because of it all, and there's absolutely no denying that!

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on April 14, 2012, 08:08:43 pm by Arsenal Of The North »

RTID

i second that! with the addition of maybe one or 2 others if we can get them on the cheap! (free) ;)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on April 14, 2012, 08:16:48 pm by The Red Baron »

Think I know the answer!

I used to agree with most of what you said but i think this season has taken its toll on you and you have finally lost the plot. :saywhat:     If you think that the boys that played for Rovers today didn't care then i think you need to evaluate how you are watching the game, because I don't think you could be more wrong.

OK we will see when other Championship teams come in for our stars, whether they stay or go....love for a club? Like a say take the emotion out ...footballers like prostitutes and go to the people paying the most money !

If we kept the same players until the end of their careers, because you say that if they leave they never really cared for the club, then we'd be in the conference now playing with a team full of 30 somethings. You need to get real and stop talking out of your a*se

Dont suppose Diouf was interested when setting all those goals up and scoring them??

But hey the old guard did wonders have they not ....Oh lost again!!! Great stuff absolutely marvelous...

The reason we lost cos we are not good enough ...accept that and we may get somewhere! 

You see, for me Diouf, Beye and Robert can hold their heads up. They added quality and professionalism to the squad and were well worth having on board. Had you added those three to what we had (and signed someone to replace Billy) I really think we could have survived. Throw in Ikeme, Button (the best 'keeper we had all season) and Fortune, who were more of your conventional loans and we might be hailing the McKay experiment a success.

Sadly there were too many on the flip side- Bamogo, Bagayoko, Ilunga, Chimbonda, Piquionne and those two phantoms- Diatta and  Plessis- who basically stole a wage. If we hadn't hired those jokers maybe we could have afforded a decent striker and 'keeper. That could have been all the difference.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on April 14, 2012, 08:16:56 pm by DonnyOsmond »

RTID

Martin Woods is a myth.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on April 14, 2012, 08:19:33 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

Think I know the answer!

There's no debate to be had any more. I was willing to give the McKay experiment a chance, but now we're relegated, it's not even up for debate. It HAS failed, and as it turns out, it HAS pissed off loyal and talented Rovers players like James Coppinger. Fair enough, G.Woods might not be good enough, but we will be significantly worse off if people like Copps, JOC and Friend decide to pack their bags because of it all, and there's absolutely no denying that!

Cos I dont believe everything I read in the Sun?

I mean terrible players he has brought in?

Has he not done his job to help out and bring quality in at a lot less wages than the existing players?

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on April 14, 2012, 08:22:59 pm by mjdgreg »
I think Norfolk you have talked the biggest load of b*llocks today that I can ever remember reading on this forum.

pubteam

« Reply #55 on April 14, 2012, 08:25:01 pm by pubteam »

Think I know the answer!

Has he not done his job to help out and bring quality in at a lot less wages than the existing players?

Your posts don't even make sense Norfolk. Try proof reading them before you hit "Send."

At the end of the day, it's divided the fans, it's divided the dressing room, and it hasn't kept us up. No denying that Diouf, Beye, Robert etc have done well for us, but you haven't really got a case to come on here now and say it has been a success.

I agree it was worth a try, but for the damage it has done, it can't be branded a success. I hope to god that the club hasn't burned its bridges with people like Coppinger, Jimmy O, Gillett, George and Tommy Spurr. I can imagine them thinking "do I really have to stick around this place after what's happened?" If all of the good players we've got under contract decide to walk away, then next season will be significantly more difficult for it.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on April 14, 2012, 08:31:37 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

Think I know the answer!

Your posts don't even make sense Norfolk. Try proof reading them before you hit "Send."

At the end of the day, it's divided the fans, it's divided the dressing room, and it hasn't kept us up. No denying that Diouf, Beye, Robert etc have done well for us, but you haven't really got a case to come on here now and say it has been a success.

I agree it was worth a try, but for the damage it has done, it can't be branded a success. I hope to god that the club hasn't burned its bridges with people like Coppinger, Jimmy O, Gillett, George and Tommy Spurr. I can imagine them thinking "do I really have to stick around this place after what's happened?" If all of the good players we've got under contract decide to walk away, then next season will be significantly more difficult for it.

So where would be have been without it?

Relegated by Xmas is my suggestion?

I really don't care what you think about my English !

pubteam

« Reply #57 on April 14, 2012, 08:41:49 pm by pubteam »

Think I know the answer!

So where would be have been without it?

Relegated by Xmas is my suggestion?

I really don't care what you think about my English !

Yes, we probably would've been. You need to understand, I'm not saying it wasn't worth a go, but there's no point coming out and trying to defend it now. We're down, it's finished, and there's no more discussion to be had over whether it was a success or a failure. That's what I'm getting at.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on April 14, 2012, 09:41:09 pm by Donnybax »
Norfolk you say its all the old guards fault, which includes coppinger so why have you said to him on twitter that he is worth th admission money alone?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on April 15, 2012, 12:45:47 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Norfolk you say its all the old guards fault, which includes coppinger so why have you said to him on twitter that he is worth th admission money alone?

I am saying collectively the old guard have not been good enough and thus we needed the French involvement.

Copps on his day is a joy to watch hence my comment!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012