Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 11:57:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let the debates begin...  (Read 710 times)

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
Let the debates begin...
« on April 14, 2012, 06:00:13 pm by MachoMadness »
Well, we finally found out that we're down today. I remember when SO'D was sacked two days after being called the 'safest manager in the country' by JR, replaced by Saunders, and before we knew it we were bringing in big names every other week in some big experiment. A lot of people were unhappy, a lot of people said SO'D had to go. Hindsight is 20/20, but now we know we're down, we've got some questions to ask.

Was it right to sack SO'D the way we did? Was it necessary? Would we have done better with him in charge? It's easy to say we shouldn't have with hindsight but remember we hadn't won a game in months and were playing abysmally, I personally can't decide. Did the experiment work at all? Again, it's easy to say it failed but were there ANY positives at all? Should we stick with Saunders for the upcoming season? Surely deciding now is a better option than sacking him 5 games in if we start badly? People always, ALWAYS say to give the youth a chance when things are going badly but is that really what we need next season? We know the players we have are good enough, IMO the problem is mentally they haven't been right since the start of last year when the injuries were piling up and we first started to struggle. This is why we can't hold onto leads and usually play very well for about 75 minutes of a game, only to let in silly goals and make stupid mistakes. I think if we can keep hold of Stock, Copps and Bennett we can build a strong team around them next season, the problem now lies up front and at centre-back, and of course in goal.

I think it's a tough time for the club at the moment. We've got a whole generation of fans who have known nothing but promotion and success, and for the first time in nearly 15 years there doesn't seem to be much faith in the club. Sacking SO'D the way we did? Selling Billy because of a release clause when JR swore he wouldn't go for less than £3m? Losing half the board? It's worrying. It's hard to tell whether this was going on and caused results to collapse, or if it was the other way around.

I'm making this just to encourage a bit of debate instead of counter-productive moaning and cries to sack everyone. I know we can't change anything about this season by asking these questions but as a club and as fans we need a bit of time for reflection rather than knee-jerking. It's not the end of the world, yes it's a step back but we haven't looked competent at Champ level for a long, long time now and maybe we just need to get back to winning a few games.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Red wizard

• VSC Member
Re: Let the debates begin...
« Reply #1 on April 14, 2012, 06:06:04 pm by Red wizard »
Middfield is the area that needs beefing up. We are to weak to cope when under presure. Also a striker who can score and put himself about like Browny did today.

Scooter

• VSC Member
Re: Let the debates begin...
« Reply #2 on April 14, 2012, 06:10:53 pm by Scooter »
We should use the summer to regroup and reorganise. Realistically i would be happy with league one stability while we go through a "transition period". Then go about playing attack minded football with a mixture of the "old guard",(Copps, Hird, Brown, Friend, O'Connor & Stock) youth players and some lower league grafters. Players who can tackle, players who never give in, players who can score but most importantly give 110% for the cause

TinyPortal © 2005-2012