Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 02:26:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: THERE IS ONLY ONE PERSON TO BLAME  (Read 10945 times)

redrover19

• Forum Member
Re: THERE IS ONLY ONE PERSON TO BLAME
« Reply #30 on April 14, 2012, 07:28:11 pm by redrover19 »
In excess of £10 million pounds investment !?!

Why does he do it, cos he loves the Rovers....

He is GOD!
BANG ON, AGREE WITH EVERY WORD
SIR JOHN RYAN

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 14, 2012, 07:29:21 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
In excess of £10 million pounds investment !?!

Why does he do it, cos he loves the Rovers....

He is GOD!
BANG ON, AGREE WITH EVERY WORD
SIR JOHN RYAN

So no until the OP put his money in he can shut up!

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 14, 2012, 07:31:46 pm by PaulRover08 »
He said so'd job was safe , sacked him , he said his directors had to persuade him to see what was on the line ( relegation)  WE GOT THAT ANYWAY he backed Mckay   why? because . All that was wanted was the team to shed its player budget, and invoke the get out clauses of those who do not want to pay in league 1, by giving the free transfers ( watch this pace ) and save the Roves having to pay them until they leave anyway and stop them restricting Rovers from getting new cheaper players in . DO YOU GET IT YET ? HIS MONEY  ...HIS f***ING RULES.  IDIOT I. MAY BE ..BUT PROVE ME WRONG ..

OK, its called Employment Law - go read up on it and then come back with a proper argument. Oh and have a few English lessons whilst you are at it.

I dont blame anyone for anything btw. Teams go up/teams go down, thats football. We have had three more seasons in the Championship than I ever though we would have (OK four more than I ever thought we would have) and if we never play here again, John Ryan I thank you.

Bring on the Yeovil, welcome old friends.

Top post and exactly how I see things as well.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 14, 2012, 07:36:31 pm by Mr1Croft »
I love John Ryan as the much as the next man, and he will always be remembered as the man who saved my club.

But Caesar was seen to have saved Rome and Adolf Hitler was seen to have saved Germany, it was through this attitude of making somebody truly untouchable that lead to the eventual fall of the Roman Empire and WW2.

Now I am in now uncertain terms comparing John Ryan to a dictator here, that would be foolish of me to say anything like that about the man who gave me back my club. The point I am putting across is do we want a world where we can never criticize one man, despite his actions because of what he has done in the past? We should be able to live in a world where we are able to freely challenge a business that we are a loyal customer of.

This has been at the front-running of the divide amongst the fans this seasons. Most have not been fully behind what has happened this season. Some believe that JR has got it wrong and other refuse to accept that John Ryan would dare attempt to do this to his beloved Doncaster Rovers and his hands were forced. Whichever way you look at it hardly anyone truly believed in what we were doing was the right way about it, but people would rather think that John Ryan had no say in the matter rather than accept that John Ryan was behind this strategy. What does that say about the strategy overall?

I don't agree with the OP, but I do think John Ryan along with the rest of the board, the players and the coaching staff will share the blame collectively. I would have written Dean Saunders as well but I have a funny feeling it isn't his fault.

Yes John Ryan is the savior and probably the greatest Chairman in England and possibly the world; but that doesn't mean we have to blindly accept everything he or the club says or does. I want to remember him as a hero and not the man who destroyed everything he worked so hard to build.

That said...

ONE JOHN RYAN!!!!  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #34 on April 14, 2012, 07:41:52 pm by Rovin Reporter »
You love club so much . I paid for my season ticket ...how many of you lot can say the same . 1500 not enough to pay off stock oster.or coops  so dig deep J/R depends on you ALL . RTID

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 14, 2012, 07:44:40 pm by mjdgreg »
Excellent post Mr1Croft. Rovin Reporter also makes some interesting points. It's time people realised that JR is only human and does not always tell the truth. He does make mistakes like the rest of us. When he does he should have the guts to take the criticism and advice.

All you blind followers of JR need to lighten up a bit and stop condemning anyone who says anything in the slightest that might be against the man. That said, he is allowed to make the odd mistake because for the most part he has got it right beyond the wildest dreams of most Rovers supporters. 

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on April 14, 2012, 07:45:29 pm by dickos1 »
I love John Ryan as the much as the next man, and he will always be remembered as the man who saved my club.

But Caesar was seen to have saved Rome and Adolf Hitler was seen to have saved Germany, it was through this attitude of making somebody truly untouchable that lead to the eventual fall of the Roman Empire and WW2.

Now I am in now uncertain terms comparing John Ryan to a dictator here, that would be foolish of me to say anything like that about the man who gave me back my club. The point I am putting across is do we want a world where we can never criticize one man, despite his actions because of what he has done in the past? We should be able to live in a world where we are able to freely challenge a business that we are a loyal customer of.

This has been at the front-running of the divide amongst the fans this seasons. Most have not been fully behind what has happened this season. Some believe that JR has got it wrong and other refuse to accept that John Ryan would dare attempt to do this to his beloved Doncaster Rovers and his hands were forced. Whichever way you look at it hardly anyone truly believed in what we were doing was the right way about it, but people would rather think that John Ryan had no say in the matter rather than accept that John Ryan was behind this strategy. What does that say about the strategy overall?

I don't agree with the OP, but I do think John Ryan along with the rest of the board, the players and the coaching staff will share the blame collectively. I would have written Dean Saunders as well but I have a funny feeling it isn't his fault.

Yes John Ryan is the savior and probably the greatest Chairman in England and possibly the world; but that doesn't mean we have to blindly accept everything he or the club says or does. I want to remember him as a hero and not the man who destroyed everything he worked so hard to build.

That said...

ONE JOHN RYAN!!!!  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

I don't think anybody is suggesting you can't criticise John, but to choose to do so is wrong.
In my opinion you can't criticise him, and if he walked away we would end up another Halifax, Scarborough etc

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 14, 2012, 07:52:45 pm by Mr1Croft »
So you are saying we can criticize him but we shouldn't?

The man is not perfect (he is pretty damn close), if no one is going to tell him he is wrong how does he ever learn?

What happens if he develops a mental disorder (unknown by us all) and the fans dare not speak against any of his decisions?

What happens to DRFC when JR does leave? The man isn't going to live for ever and he looks to have aged a lot in the past year. What happens then?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 14, 2012, 07:55:09 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

The man is not perfect (he is pretty damn close), if no one is going to tell him he is wrong how does he ever learn?

What happens if he develops a mental disorder (unknown by us all) and the fans dare not speak against any of his decisions?

What happens to DRFC when JR does leave? The man isn't going to live for ever and he looks to have aged a lot in the past year. What happens then?

Of course he is perfect he is GOD!

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 14, 2012, 07:58:12 pm by philsky »
"John Ryan.....he got what he paid for and next season he will get the same ..I don't mind what he says now .. its all too late . He should come clean and admit it was him that got it wrong and him that took the  steps to remove SO'D NO one else."

Un-freekin-believable.

What a chump.

I wish you were stood next to me at HAYES watching us get beat 2-0 by a team of part-timers.

GET A GRIP MAN

WBDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 14, 2012, 08:24:42 pm by WBDRFC »
We should be able to live in a world where we are able to freely challenge a business that we are a loyal customer of.

There is a big difference between a loyal customer of a busiiness that makes money out its customers and a business where one or more people has invests and loses millions of their own money for the customer's enjoyment.

John Ryan, Dick Watson and Terry Bramhall all fall in the latter. They have put £15 million of their own money into the club, so that we can have 4 years in the Championship. For anyone to criticise, when they are not putting their own savings into the club, doesn't feel right to me.

kirk

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 14, 2012, 08:53:28 pm by kirk »
keep sharp with diouf stay up simples

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on April 14, 2012, 08:56:00 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Deluded fools. Hope Ryan doesn't read this. 99% of us appreciate you JR!

duggiesmyhero

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 14, 2012, 09:01:15 pm by duggiesmyhero »
Message to RovinReporter ..... F**K OFF and support the millers were im sure an idiot like you will feel right at home. God weve got relegated, get over it, its happened before and will happen again. If you dont like it STOP going,

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on April 14, 2012, 09:15:21 pm by RTID75 »
As stated above, the huge majority don't think of JR as anything other than a hero, a God. I'm fed up with reading bullsh*t from (seemingly) Johnny come latelies. Relegation is a fact of life in football. One we were all *very* much used to before JR took over not so long ago. Now shut up and deal with it.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 14, 2012, 09:20:42 pm by MachoMadness »
John Ryan has made mistakes and I think the fans' faith in him has been rocked but a thread called THERE IS ONLY ONE PERSON TO BLAME in big capital letters doesn't leave much room for interpretation.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 14, 2012, 09:29:40 pm by Mr1Croft »
We should be able to live in a world where we are able to freely challenge a business that we are a loyal customer of.

There is a big difference between a loyal customer of a busiiness that makes money out its customers and a business where one or more people has invests and loses millions of their own money for the customer's enjoyment.

John Ryan, Dick Watson and Terry Bramhall all fall in the latter. They have put £15 million of their own money into the club, so that we can have 4 years in the Championship. For anyone to criticise, when they are not putting their own savings into the club, doesn't feel right to me.

Personally if I ever do say anything critical about JR or the club it doesn't mean I don't love them as much as the next rovers fan.  What I am merely pointing out is without the feedback from the fans the club don't know it is going in the right direction or not. The club needs the fans to keep them on their toes.
That said there are better ways of doing this than the opening poster went about it.

Donnylass

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on April 14, 2012, 09:31:17 pm by Donnylass »

I don't think it's a case of not being able to criticize him, but I think JR realises his mistakes so doesn't need his nose shoved in it or to be told that he should be doing better, when he's done everything he possibly can. How would that make anyone feel. He's not a stupid man or he wouldn't be where he is now, so I think we should all just get behind him and let him do his job of making Doncaster Rovers the team we love.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on April 14, 2012, 09:35:37 pm by Barmby Rover »
Nobody on this forum is going to blame JR as much as he will be blaming himself, why do you think he has invited criticism to be aimed at himself rather than DS, McKay or the players in his interview. The saving grace for JR and for all of us is that he is not running away, which a lot of Chairmen might have done in football, he is going to take it on the chin and come back for more next season and try to fix this. That is why we support him and this club, we don't give in, we are Rovers!  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on April 14, 2012, 09:43:48 pm by Mr1Croft »
Nobody on this forum is going to blame JR as much as he will be blaming himself, why do you think he has invited criticism to be aimed at himself rather than DS, McKay or the players in his interview. The saving grace for JR and for all of us is that he is not running away, which a lot of Chairmen might have done in football, he is going to take it on the chin and come back for more next season and try to fix this. That is why we support him and this club, we don't give in, we are Rovers!  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
I agree with every word.
 :rtid:

Rover of Arabia

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on April 15, 2012, 01:58:53 am by Rover of Arabia »
Well maybe JR isn't Hitler but we did compare him to Lenin on a t-shirt. ;)

He is a legend and now is the time to thank him and embrace him and how he made the last ten years possible!

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on April 15, 2012, 09:49:42 am by jucyberry »
I can't help but think back to the debacle in timing of the sacking of SOD, can you only imagine what a t**t JR must have felt. He publically stood up and said shaun was safe only for the announcement to come out hours later.  There is no way on earth I could Imagine him saying that if he didn't whole heartedly believe it..
I can only think it would have been humiliating for him, it certainly made him look a fool in the eyes of many and for the first time made some question his leadership and over all control in the board room. I can honestly say I felt really sorry for him that day even tho I was mortified at the way it seems Shaun had been treated. In view of the way the season eventually panned out i truly wish he was given longer, but hindsight is  wonderful thing..

I think the internet and forums such as this have much to answer for..On the one hand  they are  wonderful tools to keep abreast with all the comings and goings but on the other hand, so much conjecture and downright burbling is taken, processed and digested as fact by some on here.. dramatic statements are taken far to seriously and fits of pique can end up being totally slanderous....Not to mention more than a little childish.

constructive well thought out criticisim can be a great aid.....blind unquestioning faith is not always an asset.. and

Childish whining and finger pointing helps no one...

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Re: THERE IS ONLY 280k TO BLAME
« Reply #52 on April 15, 2012, 10:02:15 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Doncaster Public ?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on April 15, 2012, 06:07:57 pm by hoolahoop »
Doncaster Public ?

Come off it Norfolk that argument is stale, fact is we had a great product that for the most part 280k neither knew about, could afford or could be bothered with. You can't change history overnight even when you are making it.
We never got our Media , Ticketing policies, Advertising right from the start and were still trying to do that at a Conference level of competence despite the £millions going into the club. We persisted with 'Diamond' Dave and allowed the Keepmoat (SMC)  to call the shots despite the problems this caused for all parties.
This should have been resolved by at least the 2nd. season. If there was just something I would find as a weakness it was this unattended area of our business and I would have expected more from all the professional businessmen running our club for the good of all.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on April 15, 2012, 06:20:29 pm by Thinwhiteduke »

Come off it Norfolk that argument is stale, fact is we had a great product that for the most part 280k neither knew about, could afford or could be bothered with. You can't change history overnight even when you are making it.
We never got our Media , Ticketing policies, Advertising right from the start and were still trying to do that at a Conference level of competence despite the £millions going into the club. We persisted with 'Diamond' Dave and allowed the Keepmoat (SMC)  to call the shots despite the problems this caused for all parties.
This should have been resolved by at least the 2nd. season. If there was just something I would find as a weakness it was this unattended area of our business and I would have expected more from all the professional businessmen running our club for the good of all.

Exactly Hoola.

For an example Leeds Utd sell merchandise in Doncasters HMV for FFS, we sell bugger all.

Sheff Weds have an open day at Donny Racecourse, well pubicised, whilst ours goes un-noticed.

Not the first time Norfolk has pointed the finger at Doncaster Public though, it wont be the last.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on April 15, 2012, 06:33:05 pm by Donnybax »
whats the point in blaming the Doncaster public on this forum? Those from donny that dont support rovers arent going to read they dont give a shite so whats the point?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on April 16, 2012, 01:14:50 am by RoversAlias »
The two reasons Leeds United merchandise is sold in HMV is because the Rovers don't let the store have any merchandise anyway. It also helps that the manager (of the store, not Rovers) is a Leeds fan.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012