Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 07:55:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: With a heavy heart.....................  (Read 1400 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
With a heavy heart.....................
« on April 14, 2012, 08:08:55 pm by normal rules »
It was with a bit of trepidation i went to see Wigan Warriors play at home last Monday against Wakefield Wildcats. My Brother in law was kind enough to invite me and my two sons as vip guests in the Coors Sponsors lounge. Very nice it was too. I have never been to see a rugby league match as i have always bee football minded but i was impressed with the whole day out (3 course meal was v good too).

My point though is i was shocked to see just how cheap it is to go to these games. Adults £13 and kids £3. There were 13500 there too. If only this was the case at KM and other grounds around the country football would be in a much better place. Allowed to drink beer (in plastic) in the stands too.

As a football supporter and season ticket holder this experience has probably come, for me, at a bad time. I, like my son, father and brother will not be having a season ticket next year. Instead we shall be picking and choosing games home and away based on interest/fixture/cost.

What saddens me is my Dad has been a die hard rover for 50 + years now and my brother 20. They have been season ticket holders for years and were like part of the fixtures and fittings at BV on the Pop side. They have had enough of the DS/McKay bandwagon and the decline in the perceived reputation DRFC had built up as a community club ovet the last 10-15yrs. In short they have fallen out of love with all things DRFC. They, like me, will be there next season - but it will not be as regular. The pain now outweighs the cost.
It is with a heavy heart but sound mind that our 4 seats in row S on the South Stand which Dad and Brother have had since KM was opened will move on to others.

Drop the cost, drop the wages, drop the has-beens, drop the experiment, drop the council ownership, get some safe standing, get the respect back to our club.

Do most or all the above and 4 season ticket holders will be back full time.

And before i am criticised for being one of the "success bandwagon rovers supporters group" my first game i remember with my Dad was Belle Vue QPR FA cup 3rd round . I was 15. Been a Rover since.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
Re: With a heavy heart.....................
« Reply #1 on April 14, 2012, 11:22:13 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »
Arent the Bradford Bulls on the brink?

Didnt the Hull KR chairman claim Rugby League is bankrupt...wonder why?

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 15, 2012, 12:02:20 am by nice one rovers »
It was with a bit of trepidation i went to see Wigan Warriors play at home last Monday against Wakefield Wildcats. My Brother in law was kind enough to invite me and my two sons as vip guests in the Coors Sponsors lounge. Very nice it was too. I have never been to see a rugby league match as i have always bee football minded but i was impressed with the whole day out (3 course meal was v good too).

My point though is i was shocked to see just how cheap it is to go to these games. Adults £13 and kids £3. There were 13500 there too. If only this was the case at KM and other grounds around the country football would be in a much better place. Allowed to drink beer (in plastic) in the stands too.

As a football supporter and season ticket holder this experience has probably come, for me, at a bad time. I, like my son, father and brother will not be having a season ticket next year. Instead we shall be picking and choosing games home and away based on interest/fixture/cost.

What saddens me is my Dad has been a die hard rover for 50 + years now and my brother 20. They have been season ticket holders for years and were like part of the fixtures and fittings at BV on the Pop side. They have had enough of the DS/McKay bandwagon and the decline in the perceived reputation DRFC had built up as a community club ovet the last 10-15yrs. In short they have fallen out of love with all things DRFC. They, like me, will be there next season - but it will not be as regular. The pain now outweighs the cost.
It is with a heavy heart but sound mind that our 4 seats in row S on the South Stand which Dad and Brother have had since KM was opened will move on to others.

Drop the cost, drop the wages, drop the has-beens, drop the experiment, drop the council ownership, get some safe standing, get the respect back to our club.

Do most or all the above and 4 season ticket holders will be back full time.

And before i am criticised for being one of the "success bandwagon rovers supporters group" my first game i remember with my Dad was Belle Vue QPR FA cup 3rd round . I was 15. Been a Rover since.

Brilliant.. What seat numbers are they?, been waiting for a row of 4.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 15, 2012, 08:14:13 am by dickos1 »
I'm sure jr will be running to comply with your ultimatum first thing Monday morning

WBDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 15, 2012, 08:30:18 am by WBDRFC »

1 of those will not happen until the Government change the law, another one will probably not happen for a good few years (council ownership), so give up on your season tickets now.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 15, 2012, 08:31:52 am by dickos1 »
And wages has nothing to do with us. If we decided on cutting our wage policy on our own we would be straight back to the conf.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012