Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 09:11:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Relegated Rovers planning for league one  (Read 1073 times)

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
Relegated Rovers planning for league one
« on April 16, 2012, 10:58:48 am by roverstillidie91 »
Interview with DS

http://m.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/relegated-doncaster-rovers-planning-for-league-one-1-4450716

DEAN Saunders has hinted that he may have to sell players before he can bring anyone in this summer - as relegated Rovers prepare for a summer of upheaval.
Doncaster saw their chances of a miraculous escape from danger end in controversial fashion against Portsmouth at the weekend.
But the reality is that the club have been preparing for life back in League One for the last few weeks - and there could be some major changes on the way.
After Saturday’s gut-wrenching 4-3 defeat to Pompey, Saunders spoke about last Thursday’s board meeting and hinted at a very busy summer in terms of ins and outs.
Saunders said: “We talked about the pitch, the stadium, the youth team, the reserves, the players, what if we go down, what if we stay up?
“Suggestions have been made and I’ve put forward what players I’d like to bring in.
“It’s going to be a long summer - I’ve got a big job on my hands.
“I knew it might take me three years.
“If you’ve got a playing budget and you’re already over that by a mile then you can’t bring players in until people leave.
“That’s why it takes longer.
“If you’ve got loads of money you can do it in less time - but we haven’t.”
No firm decision has been made yet on whether the Willie McKay led transfer policy will continue next season, although the likelihood is that it will be dropped in its current format.
Saunders defended the ‘experiment’ saying: “We had to do something. The worst thing of all would’ve been to do nothing.
“We tried to do it [stay up] but we haven’t done it.
“Now we need to take a step back, get to work and try and bring the club back stronger.”

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SiBo

• Forum Member
Re: Relegated Rovers planning for league one
« Reply #1 on April 16, 2012, 11:05:31 am by SiBo »
Of course he's defended the experiment, it's the only reason he's got a Championship job!

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 16, 2012, 01:33:44 pm by jonnydog »
Well he's not going to publically slate it is he, he has to remain professional.

... I don't agree with some of the stuff my place of work does, but if I went on an all-out verbal attack on it it would be my knackers on the chopping board.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 16, 2012, 01:36:35 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I'm still unsure on Saunders.  Does he tell us the whole truth in interviews?  Well no, but neither did O'Driscoll.

I'll judge him going forwards though, he had it tough this season that's for sure.  NExt year those excuses won't hold up he'll have his team and his way of doing things.  How he will do that he hasn't said, I'd like to hear this.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012