Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 05:11:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A world without JR ......  (Read 3404 times)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
A world without JR ......
« on April 16, 2012, 09:27:37 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Unbearable and although I have bought my ST ....you could have it!

So instead of moaning about Diouf/ Mckay etc etc etc  remember the club before hand and support him before it's too late!

People like Diouf and Mckay were brought to the club to "help out" and they tried their best , no matter what is in the press or incidents that recently happened!

They were here to support one of the smallest clubs that didn't just to want to meekly go down ...That so bad?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
Re: A world without JR ......
« Reply #1 on April 16, 2012, 09:33:10 pm by Jonathan »
I would rather distinguish JR from either of those two.

John Ryan took over the club when we were at our lowest ebb in 1998. What's happened since has been quite remarkable. People may trivialise it but success is relative to the level you're at - we won a trophy in each of JR's first six seasons here. We earned the plaudits for moving up the leagues in the right way, playing good football and building a club. You would regularly hear others speak of "doing a Donny."

Some people place no value on reputation but personally I enjoyed it. After being the laughing stock of the football league it was good to hear the club spoken of for the right reasons and admired in the game.

You don't hear that now do you? And like it or not our association with the likes of McKay and Diouf is a big factor in that. Neither of them deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as John Ryan.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 09:35:58 pm by Jonathan »

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 16, 2012, 09:38:08 pm by Donnybax »
JR is a rovers legend! However I shall be moaning about diouf and after his antics you can as why

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #3 on April 16, 2012, 09:41:26 pm by Rovin Reporter »
Boring get a grip J/R did a fantastic thing for the club but it was with limited success , he has done all he said and more. Enough ! let the man retire no one can go one forever taking the weight of responsibility year on year , the knack is knowing when to bow out .

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 16, 2012, 09:53:00 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Boring get a grip J/R did a fantastic thing for the club but it was with limited success , he has done all he said and more. Enough ! let the man retire no one can go one forever taking the weight of responsibility year on year , the knack is knowing when to bow out .

Bow out...PMSL

Why do you think we were shit for so long?

Since the 50's cos no f**ker interested....

Apathy !!

So forgive me with incredible faith in someone that did everything he said;-

Cup final (could say x 3)
Championship football

So yes everything that GOD says goes!

So instead of slagging of the season spend more time being positive!

NorthNorfolkRover

« Reply #5 on April 16, 2012, 10:10:04 pm by NorthNorfolkRover »
But what do we believe ? Jr says mckay may not be here any more. Mckay says jr may leave. Our most senior vsc officials leave without completing their year in office rather than explain whats happening and spiv saunders lies in almost every interview.  Someone needs to get a grip whoever owns the club next season.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 16, 2012, 10:23:13 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
But what do we believe ? Jr says mckay may not be here any more. Mckay says jr may leave. Our most senior vsc officials leave without completing their year in office rather than explain whats happening and spiv saunders lies in almost every interview.  Someone needs to get a grip whoever owns the club next season.

I'll tell you why?

Without JR ...there is no future so have empathy....

Ask yourselves what would you have done on shit crowds without giving up and going back to league one?

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #7 on April 16, 2012, 10:31:58 pm by Rovin Reporter »
And who was to blame for this. Not the fans . Not SO'D .... Some people do not now when to throw the towel in and J/R knows he cant hide from this one. The Arsenal of the North I wonder what we are being called now!!

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 16, 2012, 10:44:58 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
And who was to blame for this. Not the fans . Not SO'D .... Some people do not now when to throw the towel in and J/R knows he cant hide from this one. The Arsenal of the North I wonder what we are being called now!!

Why dont you try then? So easy?

Sometimes you have to admit that someone is right and JR is always right !

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 16, 2012, 11:08:00 pm by steve@dcfd »
JR is not always right and when McKay buys him out you can then support him. You can say McKay is always right. JR as done wonders for the club, he tells every body so and has proved it buy getting us to the Championship. Unfortunately it was a step to far and he could not maintain it without others financial support. He used the scheme in stead of admitting the owners could not maintain the financial backing. So we are relegated we will wait and see what happens next lets make sure who ever owns the club that they are completely truthful with the fans on our next step.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 16, 2012, 11:12:42 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
JR is not always right and when McKay buys him out you can then support him. You can say McKay is always right. JR as done wonders for the club, he tells every body so and has proved it buy getting us to the Championship. Unfortunately it was a step to far and he could not maintain it without others financial support. He used the scheme in stead of admitting the owners could not maintain the financial backing. So we are relegated we will wait and see what happens next lets make sure who ever owns the club that they are completely truthful with the fans on our next step.

Steve aged 2 years old

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 16, 2012, 11:18:40 pm by Filo »
Some folk on here are just as guilty as the accused and are contributing to tearing this club apart with their ill thought out comments! Sack DS, Buy this player, get rid of that player! it`s Mckays fault! these are most of the comments we read hourly on here, but not one of those posters have come in with a suggestion on how to finance their grand master plan! It`s easy spending some one else`s money is n`t it? This is niether a pro or anti strategy post, just an observation, some people need to think before they post!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 16, 2012, 11:18:53 pm by steve@dcfd »
Add 58 to that and you would be right. But I do not have to ridicule you to make a point.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 16, 2012, 11:30:25 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Some folk on here are just as guilty as the accused and are contributing to tearing this club apart with their ill thought out comments! Sack DS, Buy this player, get rid of that player! it`s Mckays fault! these are most of the comments we read hourly on here, but not one of those posters have come in with a suggestion on how to finance their grand master plan! It`s easy spending some one else`s money is n`t it? This is niether a pro or anti strategy post, just an observation, some people need to think before they post!

A pro JR post ...So I trust that not named at me!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 16, 2012, 11:33:57 pm by Filo »

It`s not a pro JR post, it`s an observation as I stated, so by default it`s aimed at you and anyone else that reads a post and does n`t think before responding, that goes for the pro`s and anti`s!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 17, 2012, 08:11:24 am by The Red Baron »

It could be aimed at you, as you chose to start yet another pointless thread.  Is your other hobby stirring up hornets' nests, perchance?

WBDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 17, 2012, 08:58:54 am by WBDRFC »

+1

TinyPortal © 2005-2012