Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:37:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: In Rovers We Trust!!!  (Read 18731 times)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
In Rovers We Trust!!!
« on April 27, 2012, 04:47:35 pm by Mr1Croft »

Its an interesting question.  What makes a match day special, and does the club regularly meet those expectations?  What does the club do that you especially like?  What does it do that you don't particularly like?  And more to the point, just how do you let the club know about these things?

Today sees the VSC and the club together launch a new exciting fan engagement initiative to let supporters "Have Your Say".

The "In Rovers We Trust" survey aims to present Rovers supporters with the opportunity to give the club open and frank feedback on all aspects of the matchday experience.  The club recognise that the expectations of supporters vary and there is no single formula which will work for everyone, but by giving your feedback you are helping the club shape the way that it engages with supporters and provides the conditions to ensure a day at the Rovers is a great experience.

The survey does not focus on on-pitch performance, and instead places the emphasis solely on you as a customer of the club, asking a comprehensive set of questions centred around your experiences, views and expectations.  This is a fantastic opportunity to influence the way that the club engages with supporters on matchdays, and I urge all Rovers supporters to be part of this initiative.

Simply click the link below to take the survey, which should take around 15 minutes to complete.

http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22FJLMYUP48/.

This is the first of a number of activities the VSC has been working with the club to progress over recent weeks, so please keep an eye out for more fan-focussed events and activities over the coming months.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 09:41:35 pm by Mr1Croft »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: In Rovers We Trust!!!
« Reply #1 on April 27, 2012, 04:53:21 pm by RoversAlias »
With all those exclamation marks Lee I'm starting to think you might be the man behind the DROS headlines :P

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 27, 2012, 05:05:27 pm by silent majority »
I've just spoke to the club and it looks like we have about 70 completed surveys so far. Keep them coming and add your name to the list.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 27, 2012, 05:19:58 pm by silent majority »
Quick update.

We have had about 150 responses in so far and the feedback is excellent, for all those who have already come up with some great ideas well done!

bob the builder

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 27, 2012, 11:00:01 pm by bob the builder »
i agree with all this that is going on but this is just giving the fans view about what they want.
but why dont we get the other point of view from stewards 

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 27, 2012, 11:34:50 pm by Dagenham Rover »
i agree with all this that is going on but this is just giving the fans view about what they want.
but why dont we get the other point of view from stewards 

There is actually a point there, however nowadays  its about customer experience  unfortunetly for the stewards the fans are the customers and the stewards should enhance the fans experience.

and I did think in the the South Stand the other week there was no need for the heavy handed gorillas as opposed to the stewards to force there way inbetween the kids and the pitch!!!!!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 28, 2012, 12:28:22 am by silent majority »
Quick update.

We have had about 150 responses in so far and the feedback is excellent, for all those who have already come up with some great ideas well done!

I'm struggling to understand why in a 'fan engagement programme' we would want the view of the stewards! Somebody enlighten me!

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #7 on May 08, 2012, 08:42:13 pm by Rovin Reporter »
Too much talk without ant result ...a .talking shop with nothing to sell

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 08, 2012, 11:05:27 pm by silent majority »

Which means what??

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 11, 2012, 07:48:35 pm by hoolahoop »

Which means what??

I was wondering the same, we're trying to change things here or rather you are but the effort is worthless when your efforts are undermined!
Just exactly do our supporters really want ?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 25, 2012, 09:56:06 am by silent majority »
Don't forget the very next step is this Saturday prior to the Wednesday game, we'll be in the bar starting at 12.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 26, 2012, 10:02:21 am by Sheepskin Stu »
£3.00 for pie?  £3.40 for a pint?

HOW MUCH?  (Yorkshire Battle Cry)

Robbing bas**rds.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 27, 2012, 05:38:06 pm by silent majority »
£3.00 for pie?  £3.40 for a pint?

HOW MUCH?  (Yorkshire Battle Cry)

Robbing bas**rds.

Pie and a pint £5. 

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 27, 2012, 11:34:25 pm by Mr1Croft »
Do we know what beer (lager and bitter) they are selling?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 27, 2012, 11:39:46 pm by silent majority »
We can ask tomorrow.

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #16 on September 28, 2012, 09:01:01 pm by Rovin Reporter »
The price of pies and Lager are not going get positive results on the pitch . In an age where sport is meant represent responsible living and care of ones self all this smacks of  profits first good judgment second. As a fan fair pricing should based on a balanced ideal and with ticket prices too high for many to attend may be the club would fined it easier to sell concessions if one had money left in ones pocket . More. Paying customers means greater chance of larger turnover in the food and drinks side . IRWT

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 28, 2012, 09:04:03 pm by RedJ »
maybe not RR but if they're good value for money people will more likely buy them leading to more money to spend to bring in better players, which in turn should improve results on the pitch

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #18 on September 28, 2012, 11:08:22 pm by Rovin Reporter »
maybe not RR but if they're good value for money people will more likely buy them leading to more money to spend to bring in better players, which in turn should improve results on the pitch
Nothing short of FREE BEER will get more supporters through the turnstiles .

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 28, 2012, 11:26:08 pm by RedJ »
yeah but did I say that?.. you're going to sell more pies etc if it's nicer and cheaper or better value for money ergo you're going to make more of what makes the world go round

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on October 17, 2012, 10:54:48 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

donnyproletarian

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 27, 2012, 05:22:22 pm by donnyproletarian »
What about selling blindfolds with beer.This way we can choose to take our pints into the match without breaking the law.A loophole worth exploring as you only have to take off the blindfold when you've finished supping.So quick gulp ,remove blindfold when crowd roars , blindfold back on ,another gulp.Job sorted

Leebtyler

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 08, 2012, 11:52:30 am by Leebtyler »
You cant force atmosphere into a ground, and selling pies and beer cheaper isnt going to improve anything other than the bank balance, id rather the club spent time on the squad and developing training facilities rather than piping silly music into the kick off and asking us silly questions.

The club has been woefully inadequate in its advertising of games and events, want to know when Rovers are playing? good luck navigating the shambles of a website, and good luck if you didnt buy the free press. Rovers can and should do more just telling people about the games, it shouldnt be left to fans to place posters in windows, that should be basic stuff the club is doing.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 12, 2012, 10:27:50 am by Mr1Croft »
You cant force atmosphere into a ground, and selling pies and beer cheaper isnt going to improve anything other than the bank balance, id rather the club spent time on the squad and developing training facilities rather than piping silly music into the kick off and asking us silly questions.

The club has been woefully inadequate in its advertising of games and events, want to know when Rovers are playing? good luck navigating the shambles of a website, and good luck if you didnt buy the free press. Rovers can and should do more just telling people about the games, it shouldnt be left to fans to place posters in windows, that should be basic stuff the club is doing.

I disagree with that. Only a handful of clubs are sucessful in a season so winning is not the be all and end all, you cant rely on winning every game to keep people coming through the gate and clubs shouldnt exploit fans loyalty. The In Rovers We Trust is (in business terms) a thorough customer quality programme, asking you that yes, aside from winning what can the club do to help make your day better. But if you would rather the club provide poor service in every area, such as poor food and drink but higher prices and no customer service skills but have a winning team then I suppose the efforts that many have put in to try to value you more as a customer were just wasted.

Leebtyler

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on December 12, 2012, 11:10:28 pm by Leebtyler »
the ironic thing is, i don't feel the need to feel "valued" by a club i give my un-dying loyalty to.
  i come for the team on the pitch.. i buy a programme and red and white every match, these little things may be important to some but not to me... personally cheaper food and drink has never been an issue for me, nor has "other" things not related to off the pitch.

the latest drafts by Spotless are awful... Stadi-yum food? seriously? are we 12? it was sold to me as a professional outfit who knew what they were doing.. what theyve offered is sub par, tacky and to be quite frank an insult to anyone over the age of 14.

Rovers talks a lot of talk, but really doesnt seem to get it right, Belle Vue didnt need surveys like this, we bought pies and hot drinks from a shed for christs sake... no-one moaned then.. we need to get back to basics and stop turning this club into something its not, a plastic "advert" for all that is going wrong with the game, its all about atmosphere, and meal deals and valued customers... whatever happend to it being about the football....

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 12, 2012, 11:14:03 pm by RedJ »
the ironic thing is, i don't feel the need to feel "valued" by a club i give my un-dying loyalty to.
  i come for the team on the pitch.. i buy a programme and red and white every match, these little things may be important to some but not to me... personally cheaper food and drink has never been an issue for me, nor has "other" things not related to off the pitch.
and this means that it's been a waste and other fans don't want this because..? :unsure:

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 15, 2013, 02:09:05 pm by bobjimwilly »
New survey online now at www.surveymonkey.com/s/GM8BNGD

:thumbsup:

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 15, 2013, 08:02:42 pm by RoversAlias »
I've just filled it in, should help us to keep on moving in the right direction with these efforts to improve the club. Has the survey been publicised on DROS yet or any other mediums like Facebook/Twitter?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 15, 2013, 09:42:22 pm by silent majority »
I've just filled it in, should help us to keep on moving in the right direction with these efforts to improve the club. Has the survey been publicised on DROS yet or any other mediums like Facebook/Twitter?

No not yet, it went to ST holders and the VSC first, it'll go out on DROS in a few days.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 15, 2013, 09:47:01 pm by RoversAlias »

No not yet, it went to ST holders and the VSC first, it'll go out on DROS in a few days.

Fair enough :) . Hope lots of responses come from it!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012