Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 03:05:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: So what food have you asked for?  (Read 8177 times)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: So what food have you asked for?
« Reply #30 on April 27, 2012, 09:56:01 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I have my soup in the car before the match, so I don't really care about the food on sale in the stadium myself. I just wish they wouldn't sell those revolting balti pies that everybody else has to suffer the smell of...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 27, 2012, 10:00:47 pm by Mr1Croft »
£12 is about 30 ciggies these days, isnt it? 

Seems about right for a pass that will let you have at least that many.

Well we are talking £12 topps, a £5 would be good, and it is for the entire season not just one match I am talking about here. that equates to 52p a match if you go to every game...

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 27, 2012, 10:23:19 pm by silent majority »
How about if it was free?

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 27, 2012, 10:24:40 pm by Mr1Croft »
It would be great IMO, I am just saying when you compare it to the some of the schemes (like the name on chair last season) this has been one that could generate a little revenue for just putting up a few barriers...

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on April 27, 2012, 11:07:51 pm by Muttley »
I've asked for pan-fried scallops with a celeriac mash. :cool:

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 27, 2012, 11:09:43 pm by Donnybax »
chips
pizza slice
soup

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on April 27, 2012, 11:13:20 pm by hoolahoop »
I have my soup in the car before the match, so I don't really care about the food on sale in the stadium myself. I just wish they wouldn't sell those revolting balti pies that everybody else has to suffer the smell of...

The club won't be building up much of a fighting fund from the profit of your purchases then ;)

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 27, 2012, 11:21:02 pm by Drover »
Hoola,

Not sure if I told you this but prior to the launch of this survey we did a trial run some weeks ago with a selected number of people. One of the  responses we had was that only at the Keepmoat could we have a pie described as a 'Potato and Meat pie'!

Like it, take it these are Michelin 5* level potato & meat pies then.  :lol:

Thats reminded me of a time in the 90's,when I was at a kiosk on the mainstand terrace at Belle vue,a young lad about 10 years old at the counter asked the woman,"What pies have you got?",to which she replied,"We've only got meat and potato left",Oh "Right" he said "can I have a meat one then please". :facepalm:  :lol: PMSL.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on April 27, 2012, 11:24:57 pm by Muttley »
Hoola,

Not sure if I told you this but prior to the launch of this survey we did a trial run some weeks ago with a selected number of people. One of the  responses we had was that only at the Keepmoat could we have a pie described as a 'Potato and Meat pie'!

Thats reminded me of a time in the 90's,when I was at a kiosk on the mainstand terrace at Belle vue,a young lad about 10 years old at the counter asked the woman,"What pies have you got?",to which she replied,"We've only got meat and potato left",Oh "Right" he said "can I have a meat one then please". :facepalm:  :lol: PMSL.

That's brilliant!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on April 27, 2012, 11:25:11 pm by hoolahoop »
Hoola,

Made me chuckle :)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on April 28, 2012, 12:24:55 am by RobTheRover »
Anyone remember those meat and potato pies at Huddersfield?  Like grey sloppy sewerage inside them.

:thumbdown:

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 28, 2012, 01:24:38 am by nice one rovers »
I asked to dich the franchise and plastic food and get some local burger vendors in with proper burgers
Virtually word-for word  what I said, except I went into a bit of a rant.

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 28, 2012, 01:31:06 am by nice one rovers »
Hoola,

Made me chuckle :)

I went to my local chippy tonight, I said "can I order a large sausage please?". "It won't be long" she said. I said "well it had better be fat then!!"

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on April 28, 2012, 03:54:24 am by Viking Don »
Porridge

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on April 28, 2012, 07:33:57 am by CusworthRovers »
Actually porridge is a good call. Those ready made 'Oats So Simple' things at Greggs with a drop of Treacle are double right and good for the cold weather and good for you.

To be honest and I'm surprised nobodies mentioned it. With the time of the game......I've already had my dinner and I'll be having my tea when I get in. Why would anybody want another meal in between?

If however, one feels peckish, I would take a leaf out of the Races' book (the food mall area downstairs). Their food is bang on tasty and a good choice selection. There's queues all day long in there

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on April 28, 2012, 09:10:34 am by Rovers Return »
Kebab's.................signature food associated with us..Donny Kebab  :woot:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on April 28, 2012, 09:31:23 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Went to Luton (pause for thought about where they are !!) a few years back and went to chippie near ground. My mate asked for chips and beans in a tray. She shovelled the chips on to the tray and then said politely "Would you like your beans on top?"
"I'd like to see you get them underneath!" said my mate.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on April 28, 2012, 09:55:13 am by RobTheRover »
LMFAO!

danrover82

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on April 28, 2012, 10:36:22 am by danrover82 »
Betting for me !

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on April 28, 2012, 10:57:10 am by Viking Don »
Food? Food? Food's for wusses, get some decent ales in there!

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on April 28, 2012, 11:12:48 am by River Don »
I've asked for pan-fried scallops with a celeriac mash. :cool:

You need to be in the Premier club lounge then.

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on April 28, 2012, 12:29:32 pm by Pintolager »
Food? Food? Food's for wusses, get some decent ales in there!
I can't remember what food I said I wanted at the KM (only did the survey yesterday) but I did mention having bottles of Stella and Becks instead of the rancid lager they have currently.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on April 28, 2012, 06:49:41 pm by jucyberry »
In my experience, people want quality, from what I can make out from various threads over the years, the food leaves a bit to be desired and for what it is,it is expensive..

What is the arrangement now? Tbh I've never taken much notice of the food area so I'm not sure what it entails. if it isn't already perhaps franchises are the way to go..

Perhaps an idea is to go to the top of Toppings so to speak. it could work both ways both for us and for Toppings. a nice consession filled with their pies and  quiches both hot and cold, I know they are perhaps a little more expensive than your bog standard farmfood reheats, but I know from my years in the food trade that if you provide a quality product people will pay for it...for them it would provide scope for advertising, we are still going to see supporters from away after all....
I don't know the price of a pie now, but I know toppings pies are being sold in the Frenchgate for under three pounds a pop. 

Now personally I would rather pay for something that I know i will enjoy than buy something slightly cheaper that doesn't taste as good.

Where do the best fish and chips come from in town?  If it was me I would be approaching the best fast food outlets and asking if they wanted to come to us, there is a big area inside and a huge one outside..

perhaps with the proviso that the first season on a much reduced rent to encourage growth. There would be growth because people do like to eat and drink, how many are put off by high prices and less than high standard offerings? Married up properly it could benefit not just the stadium, but also small businesses in town too.

I know it isn't that easy, things take money after all, but if we had control of the food it could, if done properly be a money raiser and not a liability,  We need to offer products that will appeal to those who don't at the moment eat at a game as well as offer decent food and drink to those who do..
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 06:52:00 pm by jucyberry »

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on April 28, 2012, 07:07:19 pm by steve@dcfd »
Humble pie would look good on the menu.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on April 28, 2012, 07:09:00 pm by donnyroversfc »
Some greasy chip butties for when the redshite of Sheffield visit us in next seasons league 1 fixture  :laugh: :laugh:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012