Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 07:20:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Dean Saunders  (Read 3778 times)

dodge123

• VSC Member
Dean Saunders
« on April 28, 2012, 09:56:20 pm by dodge123 »
BARMY ARMY!! , hes gonna be here at the start of next season guys so lets get used to the idea, personally i think hes the right man and will do the business for us in the coming years, i can feel my love for the guy growing, so lets all back our manager after all were all rovers :scarf:..

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
Re: Dean Saunders
« Reply #1 on April 28, 2012, 09:59:30 pm by donnyroversfc »
 :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

I think he could prove a lot of his critics wrong next season!!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 28, 2012, 10:10:45 pm by steve@dcfd »
He is not the right manager for this club. He should not have been given a three year contract. Whoever gave him that contract was wrong. He has and will alient our best players. He cannot get get the best out our present playing staff, why because he believes he is better than all of them. So John Ryan if you are the leading force at this club sack him now or leave now and let others who know better and have better managerial skills takeover. Radical is'nt it but that's my view, minority I may be but the seasons over so who gives a ?

dodge123

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 28, 2012, 10:16:44 pm by dodge123 »
please tell me in what way you think saunders is actually better than them?? it will be interesting to find out what you mean in detail..

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 28, 2012, 10:20:38 pm by Viking Don »
And what others know better than JR I ask. You Steve? Are you rich enough?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 28, 2012, 10:23:04 pm by steve@dcfd »
No I am not rich enough but if I had the power and responsibility I would not have given any manager a three year contract in our position after seven games. But our financially strapped chairman, with all his football know how decided to give a Dean a three year contract. Which appears we cannot afford. Really good managerial and business skills.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 10:32:03 pm by steve@dcfd »

dodge123

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 28, 2012, 10:27:26 pm by dodge123 »
because he is our chairman and thats what chairman do, he will give saunders time next season to build his own ideas as said thousand times before, but still want to know what you mean by thinking he is better than them?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 28, 2012, 10:35:34 pm by steve@dcfd »
but still want to know what you mean by thinking he is better than them?

If you listen to him talk, when he was a player he played at an higher level, therefore he believes he is better than our players although his managerial record in the championship does not really show that.

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #8 on April 28, 2012, 10:43:46 pm by Rovin Reporter »
He is not the right manager for this club. He should not have been given a three year contract. Whoever gave him that contract was wrong. He has and will alient our best players. He cannot get get the best out our present playing staff, why because he believes he is better than all of them. So John Ryan if you are the leading force at this club sack him now or leave now and let others who know better and have better managerial skills takeover. Radical is'nt it but that's my view, minority I may be but the seasons over so who gives a ?
. I think you are right in what you say regarding alienating players , he did this all season to players that the club want rid of , when he says 12 players on contract are £1 m over his budget . His training sessions this season were done seperately dividing the camp , he need not have done this but clearly he was doing this to establish his method and style . The players will not forgive this when it comes to signing a new contract . Saunders for me does not know how to manage players and will find that his chosen few will turn against him if results go badly next season . J/R had got us into this mess when he gave him a 3 year deal so let's just hope he gets us out of it .

dodge123

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 28, 2012, 10:49:36 pm by dodge123 »
well thats just stating the obvious there , two major cups and plying his trade with two big big clubs and also an international says he was a better player than our team, But he his just trying to use his experience thats all and where else to get it from than playing for teams like liverpool and villa and the calibre of managers hes worked under? I take it from your post your not a saunders fan and everyone has their opinion but like i posted earlier hes here to stay like it or not, and as for the season being over who gives a A ?? , i personally do becausemajor changes are going to happen, some for the good and some not,  and anyone not interested should question their support for the club..

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 28, 2012, 11:36:05 pm by steve@dcfd »
But he is here to stay like it or not because our club chairman made a decision to give him a three year contract. I question that decision. It was ridiculus to give an untried manager at this level a three year contract. It shows the niaivaty of our board at this level. Now we are stuck with him lets hope you enjoy his contribution because I will not.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 11:38:16 pm by steve@dcfd »

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 28, 2012, 11:50:25 pm by graingrover »
Steve@dcfd    you seem to know much more about what would make us tick than JR does . Could I respectfully suggest you buy the club or shut up. It's bad enough supporting a club that always loses but realising it has supporters like you is even more depressing   

dodge123

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 28, 2012, 11:56:56 pm by dodge123 »
on that basis your questioning our great chairmans choice in manager ( tell me a bad one hes made yet), this season as all gone wrong for a number of reasons and saunders as put his hands up and admitted he thought he could keep us up, but he has had people playing his cards this season and next season will be totally different and that is when and only when we can judge him. The bloke seems a genuine likeable honest hardworking  guy and his knowledge and contacts im sure he,ll steer us in the right direction, remember hes here for the future so please support him.. and our chairmans decisions because not one of us can pick fault with john ryan after all hes done ( but we wont go over all that again) , it just pains me to hear folk questioning him after all hes done, even though were all intitled to ouropinions.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 29, 2012, 12:10:30 am by dickos1 »
on that basis your questioning our great chairmans choice in manager ( tell me a bad one hes made yet), this season as all gone wrong for a number of reasons and saunders as put his hands up and admitted he thought he could keep us up, but he has had people playing his cards this season and next season will be totally different and that is when and only when we can judge him. The bloke seems a genuine likeable honest hardworking  guy and his knowledge and contacts im sure he,ll steer us in the right direction, remember hes here for the future so please support him.. and our chairmans decisions because not one of us can pick fault with john ryan after all hes done ( but we wont go over all that again) , it just pains me to hear folk questioning him after all hes done, even though were all intitled to ouropinions.

Are you pissed?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 29, 2012, 12:18:03 am by Chris Black come back »
I think most people would say that the jury is definitely out on Saunders and he needs to prove himself next season, when the pressure is off a little and he will have had time to pull together a squad of his own. What worries me about Saunders is that JR appeared to appoint him on something of a whim. JR had his eye on SOD since the hammering we took down at Dean Court in October 2004. Two years later we signed him. Similarly, Dave Penney he had been watching and even put him in charge as caretaker for a spell pre-Wignall. Saunders was recommended to JR apparently. Let's hope this is a hunch that pays off for all our sakes.

SiBo

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 29, 2012, 09:42:05 am by SiBo »
When is the penny ever going to drop with some people that JR didn't appoint DS and we got him as part of the Mckay deal? For that reason I'd be very surprised if it was JR that gave DS a 3 year contract.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 29, 2012, 08:43:06 pm by steve@dcfd »
Sibo quote
When is the penny ever going to drop with some people that JR didn't appoint DS and we got him as part of the Mckay deal? For that reason I'd be very surprised if it was JR that gave DS a 3 year contract.

So are you telling me the chairman who runs the club did not appoint our manager. Yet he said Dean was the choice after he had received home truths about Sean. Therefore if he was not responsible or part of a team who were responsible for the decision then why is he the chairman. He said, he is a friend of McKay so did the agent go behind his back about the appointment? I do not think so. We both can interpret the decision in our own way, we will never know.
When I appointed staff either Deputy or assistant, I would way up all different factors. One would be experience in dealing with the job,Deans was limited. We could have appointed an experience manager, yet we went went for the experiment manager and like the other experiment it failed. We did not need hindsight to say that was going to happen.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 29, 2012, 08:54:13 pm by dickos1 »
Not the old experienced manager nonsense again,

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 29, 2012, 09:15:13 pm by drfcsteve »

In my opinion it's not surprising that Dean got a 3 year deal, considering he had one of the best negotiators in football sorting it out for him as his agent, and then the same agent became heavily involved in the running of the club.

People also forget JR didn't get the final say on anything, he only got 33% of the say.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 29, 2012, 09:18:12 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Still behind him

Next 12 games (Not months) Critical

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 29, 2012, 09:52:09 pm by BobG »

Spot on Sibo. Absolutely spot on. Amazing, isn't it, the number of times you have to tell people.... JR does not own this club any more. He does not make the decisions. He is tolerated as the public face. He enjoys the limelight. That's it. Appointing any new manager, or senior employee, is not his call. Those that own the majority of the shares may have allowed him to lead in the past, but those days have gone. They have the power. All of it.

Can't anyone, anyone (!) think about exactly why they should both resign (even one allegedly for ill health!) and yet now, barely 3 or 4 months later, the both of them seem to be riding over the hill again to the rescue?! FFS people! Wake up. This is power politics. Naked. Aggressive and vicious.

BobG

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 29, 2012, 09:54:41 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Spot on Sibo. Absolutely spot on. Amazing, isn't it, the number of times you have to tell people.... JR does not own this club any more. He does not make the decisions. He is tolerated as the public face. He enjoys the limelight. That's it. Appointing any new manager, or senior employee, is not his call. Those that own the majority of the shares may have allowed him to lead in the past, but those days have gone. They have the power. All of it.

Can't anyone, anyone (!) think about exactly why they should both resign (even one allegedly for ill health!) and yet now, barely 3 or 4 months later, the both of them seem to be riding over the hill again to the rescue?! FFS people! Wake up. This is power politics. Naked. Aggressive and vicious.

BobG

That sums it up a treat   :(

TinyPortal © 2005-2012