Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 10:51:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: No Season Tickets for Unemployed!  (Read 13637 times)

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
Re: No Season Tickets for Unemployed!
« Reply #30 on May 17, 2012, 06:41:16 pm by donnyroversfc »
This could get juicy...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on May 17, 2012, 06:43:17 pm by Filo »
Fao donnyvikings, thanks for that nice calm thought out retort.. resorting to name calling, does the truth hurt? This country is now full of scroungers and layabouts and I stand by every last fookin word I said.  And I bet pound to a penny that the majority on here agree but are too PC to say so. There's always shop work, shelf stacking etc, but let me guess, you can get as much money in benefits so what's the point eh? As I say, lazy, used to handouts from the state.  Rovers ain't a fookin charity, everyone else has to pay full whack so what makes you so special?  I'd rather be labelled a prick for having a valid opinion as to why this country is on its knees, than be a scrounger.... which IS the reason the UK is on its arse..

I heard some excuses as to why the Country`s on it`s arse as you say, but blaming the unemployed takes the piss, don`t label every unemployed person a scrounger, you may be in that position one day, and maybe then you might have a bit of perspective!

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on May 17, 2012, 06:59:15 pm by drfcsteve »
Fao donnyvikings, thanks for that nice calm thought out retort.. resorting to name calling, does the truth hurt? This country is now full of scroungers and layabouts and I stand by every last fookin word I said.  And I bet pound to a penny that the majority on here agree but are too PC to say so. There's always shop work, shelf stacking etc, but let me guess, you can get as much money in benefits so what's the point eh? As I say, lazy, used to handouts from the state.  Rovers ain't a fookin charity, everyone else has to pay full whack so what makes you so special?  I'd rather be labelled a prick for having a valid opinion as to why this country is on its knees, than be a scrounger.... which IS the reason the UK is on its arse..

There's so many things wrong with that, I'll pick out a couple.

You assume that "there's always shop work", there isn't. Just because these are low paid jobs it doesn't mean they are readily available, they aren't. You cannot just walk in to a shop and say give me a job. Even if there is a vacancy there will be hundreds applying for it so a lot of people will be dissapointed.

Secondly you assume unemployment benifit is some kind of get rich quick scheme, it isn't despite what the Daily Mail has told you. Job seekers allowance is about 50 quid a week, which even if you were on minimum wage you would earn in about a day. So no, unemployed people aren't getting one over on those who do "shop work".

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on May 17, 2012, 07:00:02 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
That post is so arrogant and offensive I don't know where to start.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 17, 2012, 07:15:05 pm by adamtherover »

Offensive?  Ffs , just as I thought, the PC brigade have turned up! 

..and for what its worth, in a 25yr working career I have lost my job 4 times,i took any job however menial until a position came up in my chosen profession...

I'll leave you to pick the bones out of this, I can't be arsed. But let's not forget the very first sentence on this topic.... donnyvikings can't believe that Jr isn't giving tickets away to those who can't afford them... shame on you john!

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on May 17, 2012, 07:21:25 pm by donnyroversfc »

But let's not forget the very first sentence on this topic.... donnyvikings can't believe that Jr isn't giving tickets away to those who can't afford them... shame on you john!

I think you'll find his very first sentence was this...

'I cannot believe Rovers are not offering Any incentive to buy a season ticket if your on low income (tax credits) or Unemployed.'

Nowhere did he say he wanted John Ryan to 'give tickets away' to the unemployed. Which is true, there ISN'T any incentive set by the club to help those unemployed/on benefits be able to afford a ST (as far as i know).

He clearly thinks the club should be helping out those like him, you clearly dont. That doesn't give you the right to go all high an mighty on everyone and call those who dont have a job (like me) 'scroungers' and blame them for the state you think the country is in!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 17, 2012, 07:23:05 pm by MrFrost »
I'm sure there are plnty of genuine people out there struggling to find work. I also believe there are people who wont take a certain kind of work because they think it is beneath them.
I can think of at least 5 people I know who have a university degree but won't take a job in the call centre because it is "beneath them" yet moan that they "can't" get a job.

MartinB

« Reply #37 on May 17, 2012, 07:29:04 pm by MartinB »
Move to Canada...plenty of jobs here!  :cold:

May not help with the season ticket thing though?  :blink:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on May 17, 2012, 07:29:41 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well, let's not be too condescending about someone who's found themselves in an unfortunate position however temporary it may be, and stick to the topic about whether a community club should be offering concessions for those not in full time work.

The whole issue of benefits and those who can claim them and those who need them these days is a whole different topic.

In my early years I found myself unemployed and I was very grateful that my UB40 entitled me to concessions for various things. Rovers being one of them, Golf at Crookhill Park another, swimming baths and others I have forgotten over time.

I would like to think since those times I have paid back my dues but being able then to feel I could still participate and be an upstanding citizen despite carrying the burden of being 'unemployed', at a time of more or less full employment, was a positive thing for me.  I didn't hear many complaining about those concessions then.

I can understand the counter argument however as things are much more complex these days, particularly when it comes to finances, especially in football.

Perhaps there is scope for some form of voluntary/paid work for the club in exchange for admission on match days. Perhaps with the stadium coming under Rovers control in the near future the club may be only too happy to hear from anyone who could volunteer their services in one way or another. 

donnyvikings

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on May 17, 2012, 09:31:17 pm by donnyvikings »
 ;) Many thanks so far on this topic. Firstly, adamtherover....its obvious you have limited braincells. I have started a topic, based on my first ever encounter being "out of work". I didn't ask you to break down the political views you hold about 'benefit scroungers'....I'm NOT one.
Also thanks Thinwhiteduke, I'm not a cider swilling coke head who sends his kids to school starving ( I have one who is 21 with our first grandchild and one studying to be a Chef) just wanted to make that clear.
Top marks to the constructive responses too... Drfcsteve,filo,donnyroversfc,Donnybazrover, etc etc. Sadly there are no 'voluntary' jobs at the keepmoat, there are no jobs-shelf stacking, car washing, traffic wardens etc etc. 1700 going for 1 job in workshop last week........... :pinch:
My original 'query' was based on IF someone is a 'Loyal Supporter' (take note adamtherover, this isn't you) and are in a situation where they really would 'like' a season ticket to continuing their support, do they:
1: Go on the season ticket finance-21% Apr
2: See if there are any 'concession' tickets to help out during the 'difficult' period-note adamtherover, this is not construed as "scrounging" irrespective what you think.
3: Abandon the club, coming only to the games you can afford to come to when, and if you can "save up".
YES.....I can see how the system can be exploited, if a "job" comes along that you don't declare it. It's open fo :silly:r abuse, but what do you do to police it, either way?
Didn't think this topic would stirr up so much political shite.....

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on May 17, 2012, 10:07:10 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It's tough not having a job but if I was again unemployed the last thing on my mind would be football.

As for students what about those of us who are students and work full time too, can we have something ;)

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on May 17, 2012, 10:12:00 pm by adamtherover »
What an interesting set of comeback replies... The truth.hurts does it? .. firstly I'd argue that my professional papers negate the suggestion that I have a lack of braincells.  2ndly, how do you deduce that I am not a loyal supporter? I'd wager that I have put more money into the club.over the last god knows how many years than the majority reading this right now.  I'm sure JR for one is more than happy about that. So thanks for that... One last thought before bedtime.. THE WORLD DOESN'T OWE YOU FOOK ALL - GET OVER IT! if you're gonna put stuff on a public forum, don't throw a hissy fit when you're challenged on it. Even more so when you're on shakey ground from the off!

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on May 17, 2012, 10:12:59 pm by jonnydog »
I'll scout you as a new ST holder if you wanted, AND if it helped at all?

I know its to NEW ST applicants... but it can easily done in the loopholes of life.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on May 17, 2012, 10:22:07 pm by Superspy »
I'll scout you as a new ST holder if you wanted, AND if it helped at all?

I know its to NEW ST applicants... but it can easily done in the loopholes of life.

DROS says its renewals as well. http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/page/SeasonTickets/0,,10329~2773181,00.html

Last paragraph before the "cash back will be rewarded as follows" bit.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on May 17, 2012, 10:26:35 pm by jonnydog »
Result

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on May 18, 2012, 01:36:25 am by Viking Don »
Cheap cider? Erdinger for me, no point in dropping your standards just because you find yourself unemployed. You just have to work at it properly and maximise the benefits. I get a free season ticket as I'm related to someone important. HM Gov also chuck in a free car and Thomas Cook vouchers. I've got a degree and I'm taking another, may do another one after that too, got to keep the grey matter ticking over to delay the onset of dementia.

Stack shelfs? Are you on drugs? Even if there were any jobs doing that of course I wouldn't get out of my comfy bed for it. And before any of you start ranting, shut up and get some bloody work done. Those taxes don't pay themselves you know.

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on May 18, 2012, 08:29:05 am by nice one rovers »
Well Adam the rover......try getting a f***in job you insulting prick  :evil:. I've been off my backside for a 6 months trying to get one. There are none! So before you make a stupid comment, try looking for a job.
And yes I like the idea of the discount on the day price. As long as theres proof of unemployment etc.

Show some initiative like my neighbour, he's not looking for handouts. He got off his arse, got in his car, and went out looking. Slammed his brakes on at a roundabout to force the lass behind him into a rear end collision. With the £8000 payout he invested in a big bag of M-cat from a Pikey and through clever marketing , and the use of unemployed 16 year-olds , he's managed to tripple his money. Now with this investment capital , he can afford to rent out three otherwise unrentable houses and employ 6 chinese people to grow hundreds of marijuana plants for him. He'll soon be able to afford a 16 seater minibus to take all of these people to sign on. So , we could all sit on our arse moaning, or get out and DO SOMETHING to make a change. We need a Big Society!

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on May 18, 2012, 08:30:08 am by coventryrover »
No one doubts the majority of those who are unemployed are desperate for work as it is no fun at all living off the government.....Times are very tough.

However the dole money should help you through the basics (food, accomodation etc) not a disposable income.  Not really for watching rovers.

It's hard for us with jobs who cant afford to go!!

But thats my thoughts, abd who am i to tell people how to spend their money?

Maps

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on May 18, 2012, 08:49:56 am by Maps »
Moving the debate from "scroungers", I believe the reason the club don't offer Season Tickets for the unemployed is because JSA, generally - even now - is a short term benefit. The average time someone spends claiming is between around 8 to 13 weeks. Therefore, if you were to purchase an unemployed season ticket now, statistically you would not still be unemployed by the time the season started.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on May 18, 2012, 09:14:05 am by roverstillidie91 »
I'd say you spend more than 8 to 13 weeks in my opinion if you are out of work like me, and i am in the 18-24 category, who has been out of work for nearly coming up 6 months now and there is nothing out there in terms of jobs and whenever i apply for any hardly ever get an interview anyway

And alot of people who are out of work who get dole money struggle, not only food accomodation but also gas, water and electric has to be taken into consideration as well and i bet alot of people are really struggling at the moment

Rovers would be the last thing on the list of their priorities

I used to watch like probably 20 out of the 23 games but due to working nights and being unemployed i only attended 4 games last season

and now because i have recently turned 21 as well i will have to pay the Adult price

if i was the Rovers i would raise the concession price to 24 because alot of people by 21 aren't even in a full time job

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on May 18, 2012, 09:22:20 am by Filo »
I'd say you spend more than 8 to 13 weeks in my opinion if you are out of work like me, and i am in the 18-24 category, who has been out of work for nearly coming up 6 months now and there is nothing out there in terms of jobs and whenever i apply for any hardly ever get an interview anyway

And alot of people who are out of work who get dole money struggle, not only food accomodation but also gas, water and electric has to be taken into consideration as well and i bet alot of people are really struggling at the moment

Rovers would be the last thing on the list of their priorities

I used to watch like probably 20 out of the 23 games but due to working nights and being unemployed i only attended 4 games last season

and now because i have recently turned 21 as well i will have to pay the Adult price

if i was the Rovers i would raise the concession price to 24 because alot of people by 21 aren't even in a full time job

On the flip side, there are a lot of 24 year old`s earning a damn sight more than I am, so I`ll suggest something daft as well, to suit my financial situation, anyone 48 years old or over on low income should get concessions well! I know it won`t happen and I know that it would be financial madness for Rovers to accommodate me, so I make a choice, I either decide I can`t afford it, or, I try and save up throughout the year!

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on May 18, 2012, 09:55:20 am by Wild Rover »
There are various "Quips" and answers to the OP. One thing that stands out is the "Opinion" that some have that "Dole" money should not be used to finance a trip to watch DRFC. How about if the lad ( or lass ) has actually saved a few quid whilst being in work, and is using that money to watch DRFC. Like i said earlier , a season ticket would not be viable as circumstance could change in a week, but a concession on match to match basis, showing UB40 qs proof of unemployment, should not be out of the question. DRFC used to do it.

robchester

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on May 18, 2012, 10:19:19 am by robchester »
Recruiting various roles here

http://www.citrusmanagement.co.uk/Job-Vacancies.html

Some are employed some are self employed but I will mentor you to get you where you want to be.

Within the next month I will also be looking for an Appointment Setter and Business Development.  If getting in touch about a vacancy please say you saw the vacancies via the forum.

All I ask from my staff is they work hard.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on May 18, 2012, 11:33:44 am by donnyroversfc »
Recruiting various roles here

http://www.citrusmanagement.co.uk/Job-Vacancies.html

Some are employed some are self employed but I will mentor you to get you where you want to be.

Within the next month I will also be looking for an Appointment Setter and Business Development.  If getting in touch about a vacancy please say you saw the vacancies via the forum.

All I ask from my staff is they work hard.

Damn! I was just about to recommend this to John Oster! Oh well nevermind.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on May 18, 2012, 11:39:23 am by silent majority »
Its quite appropriate to this thread but I've just received an e-mail from the the Community team at DRFC who are running a course at the Keepmoat very shortly. All the details are below;

Kick Off in Business

The Doncaster Rovers Education Foundation is delighted to announce an exciting new community initiative to help local people start up in business. In association with Start Up Link, a leading provider of award winning enterprise support, our club will host an events designed to encourage new business and self employment.

The fun and engaging event will be held at the Keepmoat Stadium and will provide local people with all the necessary information and confidence to start up on their own.

Jenna Scully, Education Manager the Education Foundation supports the initiative: “ The education foundation is delighted to be involved in Kick Off in Business. We have a real commitment to develop our community which our club serves and this is an ideal way to encourage business and prosperity in our area. We already offer a range of educational and apprenticeship opportunities for young people through our foundation, and Kick Off in Business will see us develop this offer to those who have an interest in running their own business”.

Ken Horn from Start Up Link added: “There is very little in way of field based start up support available. Local people and economies need a reliable source for qualified & accredited business start up & enterprise advice. This exciting alliance will help provide that much needed help”

Interested? Aged over 16? Why not attend our free two day event?

Course Details:
Dates: Monday 28th & Tuesday 29th May
Time: 9:30am – 4pm
Venue: Keepmoat Stadium, ‘Success Doncaster’ Entrance, Stadium Way, Doncaster, DN4 5JW
Course Description:
Based at the Keepmoat Stadium, you will have the chance to vital information about starting up your own business. Start up has had years of experience helping people achieve their goals! There are no formal entry requirements- anyone is to welcome over the age of 16! 
To book on the event:
Go to the website: www.startuplink.co.uk and click the tab ‘Events’ to register
Or more information contact Jenna Scully:
Tel: (01302) 765890
Email: jenna.scully@doncasterroversfc.co.uk

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on May 18, 2012, 12:13:52 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Also thanks Thinwhiteduke, I'm not a cider swilling coke head who sends his kids to school starving ( I have one who is 21 with our first grandchild and one studying to be a Chef) just wanted to make that clear.

Dont remember saying you were....infact short of cigarettes I never mentioned drugs full stop.....but hey ho.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on May 18, 2012, 12:15:44 pm by donnyroversfc »
Smoking kills.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on May 18, 2012, 12:23:15 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Move to Canada...plenty of jobs here!  :cold:

May not help with the season ticket thing though?  :blink:

In all seriousness do you have any info on what sort of jobs are available out there?

We as a family are seriously looking at emigration, my Fiance works in Social care caring for adults with learning disabilities, and I work for the Water Utility Company dealing with flood recovery, mitigation and addressing sewer network issues.

Maps

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on May 18, 2012, 12:41:25 pm by Maps »
I'd say you spend more than 8 to 13 weeks in my opinion if you are out of work

That's your opinion, but my assertion was from actual statistics from the Department of Work and Pensions. People obviously spend longer than 13 weeks, but the average time on JSA is between 8 and 13 weeks. For the young it is worse right now, of course, and I hope things work out for you soon.

I was merely pointing out why the club probably don't offer Unemployed ST; because someone on JSA in March 2012, is unlikely - statistically speaking - to still be on JSA in September or December 2012. I'm not sure what the situation is for individual games, but for STs it wouldn't be sensible.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on May 18, 2012, 12:54:12 pm by adamtherover »
Cheap cider? Erdinger for me, no point in dropping your standards just because you find yourself unemployed. You just have to work at it properly and maximise the benefits. I get a free season ticket as I'm related to someone important. HM Gov also chuck in a free car and Thomas Cook vouchers. I've got a degree and I'm taking another, may do another one after that too, got to keep the grey matter ticking over to delay the onset of dementia.

Stack shelfs? Are you on drugs? Even if there were any jobs doing that of course I wouldn't get out of my comfy bed for it. And before any of you start ranting, shut up and get some bloody work done. Those taxes don't pay themselves you know.

Best reply all day!

RTID. (or till summat better comes along, cos i'm not really a proper fan)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012